Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Melanie's Father

Carly is with Melanie in her hospital room and Melanie keeps up her rant. She rambles on about the horrible life she had with Trentzilla and then Carly drops another bomb, "Trent wasn't your biological father."

"Who is it," whines Melanie, "You don't even know do you?"

Victor, Stefano and their goons are meeting in the DiMera mansion rumpus room. They divide Salem. Victor says, "Everything north of 14th is Kiriakis territory. That was the deal. I get the ice cream shoppe, and you get Chuck E. Cheese. Everything seems pretty well settled and Stefano congratulates Victor on Melanie's prognosis. Victor thinks Stefano seems distracted. Stefano tells him Sydney died. Victor is shocked and offers his condolences, "Who would do such a thing?"

"In Salem," says Stefano, "Who wouldn't?"

EJ watches Sami and Rafe as they lie in bed sleeping. Sami opens her eyes. Looks up at him and squeechy music plays.

Daniel and Chloe are at the pub chowing down. Apparently, Chloe is still eating for two. Chloe grills Daniel about his friendship with Carly.

Gus meets Vivian at the pier. She tells him to get packed, "I'm leaving after I finish my business."

Gus asks, "You're going after Carly again?"

"Yes."

Bo and Phillip talk. Hope swoops in out of the blue and accuses Bo of being in love with Carly.

Carly is insulted Melanie would think she doesn't know who her father is, "I know who your father is. I keep track on a spreadsheet. A Big one. He's kind and caring."

Melanie loses patience, "What's his name?"

Carly stares, "Melanie, you're father... It's not easy to explain."

Melanie jumps to conclusions, "It's Bo, isn't it?"

"No," stammers Carly, "just give me a little more time with this..."

Melanie explodes, "Why do you need more time? Just go away. LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Things get uncomfortable outside in the waiting area. "Let's not do this right now," says Bo.

"Why not," snorts Hope, "Phillip's family. Get it off your chest. Why are you so determined to help Carly? It's because you love her, isn't it?" Carly walks into the background.

Bo consults the Guy Manual, "This isn't the time or place. What ever you do, DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT SAY YOU LOVE HER."

"Yeah," says Bo, "I do." Bo's last brain cell jumps off a cliff and emits a primal scream as it hurtles into oblivion.

Carly watches, "Bo?" Bo turns. Bo stares at Carly. Carly stares at Bo. Hope stares at both of them. Phillip picks lint out of his navel.

Sami gasps, "EJ, what are you doing here?"

Rafe stirs, "What's going on?" EJ pulls a disappearing act.

Sami turns to Rafe, "EJ... he's here."

"Are you fantasizing again," asks Rafe.

EJ rushes through the living room and swings his arm around like an organ grinder who's missing his monkey. He picks up a vase and smashes it to smithereens. That'll show that nasty old vase.

Phillip decides this would be a good time to go visit Patch and Kayla in Bora Bora. He runs into Melanie's room instead. Melanie wails, "You shouldn't have married me! I don't know who I am!" Sorry, Phil, the right choice was Bora Bora.

Carly takes Bo aside, "I told Melanie how things worked out the way they did, but she still needs to know who her father is. I have to talk to him. He needs to know first."

"Your courtesy is boundless," says Bo. Carly leaves. Bo turns and faces Salem's version of the Wicked Witch of the West.

Chloe wonders why Chloe would give up her baby. Daniel thinks this is about Chloe's loss, not about Carly.

Phillip encourages Melanie as Maggie bounces in. Melanie orders French fries and soda from the pub. Busboy Phillip leaves on his mission. Melanie breaks down, "I'm a liar. Phillip doesn't understand. He doesn't know the real me. I don't think I do any more."

Vivian says she thinks revenge is the only ticket, "Melanie Layton Kiriakis will die tonight."

Daniel gets paged. Chloe tells him she'll be OK and says he can go. Daniel leaves to save lives. Chloe ties to figure whether to eat her chowdah with a fork or a spoon.

Vivian looks at her hands, "These hands will end it all tonight." Gus reminds Vivian the police are after her. He offers help, but Vivian refuses, "You just get us ready to leave and I will say a final farewell to Melanie."

Bo and Hope throw nasty looks at each other as a cop interrupts. Bo tells him to make sure Vivian doesn't go in to Melanie's room. The cop goes to stand guard. Bo and Hope exchange more nasty glances and walk off.

Stefano and Victor finish their crime-lord confab and talk about Sydney. "Killing an infant," says Victor, "There is nothing more heinous."

"You've never watched a DOOL marathon, have you," asks Stefano.

Victor says, "Death to whomever did this."

Stefano repeats, "Death..."

We pan up form the crushed vase as Sami comes out. EJ apologizes, "I'm not... the vase... I didn't see it." Sami tells him to forget it and asks why he's there. He says he came to pick up Johnny's things, "I didn't realize you were in bed."

Sami corrects him, "You mean you were surprised by whom I was in bed with."

"It's your life," says EJ.

Rafe comes out and Sami goes to get Johnny's things.

EJ says, "You can send me a bill for the vase."

Rafe isn't interested in the vase, "What makes you think you can walk into our house?"

"I am Johnny's father," says Rafe, "And you should be ashamed for taking advantage of Samantha when she is grieving."

"Why are you more concerned with me than your daughter," asks Rafe.

Anna walks with Sydney and rambles.

Sami comes back with a knapsack full of Johnny's things. EJ apologizes and leaves.

Rafe assesses the situation, "Something's off with that guy."

"He's upset we're back together," says Sami.

Rafe thinks it's more than that. Sami defends him, "He's upset his daughter is dead and he's trying to deal with it. I think we should do something for Sydney, and include EJ."

Vivian paces in the Kiriakis mansion den. She stops, turns and sticks her hand inside her coat à la Napoleon, "Lovely room... what might have been."

Vivian eyes her gloves on the bureau as Victor comes in, "Going somewhere Vivian?"

Melanie asks Maggie about Carly and says she has no idea how much she is supposed to trust her, "I keep trying to picture who she would be with."

"You'll need a wide-angle lens for that picture," says Maggie.

Melanie whines, "I want to know who my dad is!"

Daniel meets Chloe at the pier, "Is something wrong?"

"Yes."

Sami cleans up the pieces of the shattered vase and tells Rafe they will have to deal with the twins, "We have to tell them something... that she's... I think we should have a family gathering and I think we have to include EJ." She hugs him, CENSORED.

Bo plays cop. He's on the phone at the station barking orders, "I was a full APB. His name is Augustine Pascal... Calls himself Gus." Bo hangs up, turns and tells Hope, "I'm trying to neutralize Vivian."

"Then maybe you should put out an APB on her instead," says Hope, "I'm here to help. I'm back on the force and may be your only chance for saving Carly." OMG! The professionalism. Bo and Hope are able to put their differences aside and work together to foul things up.

Carly stammers around. She talks about being with Melanie earlier. Daniel can see it will be a while before she gets to the point, "We don't have to do this here. Lets go someplace where it's warm and comfortable and we can be alone."

"No," says Carly, "That's the kind of thing that got us into this mess in the first place."

Maggie counsels Melanie about coping. Melanie whines, "Remember when I said Carly shot that gun to protect me? What if That's true? What if my friend Vivian is trying to kill me?"

Out in the audience a weary DOOL viewer turns to her neighbor, "They'd never convict her in a million years."

Victor tells Vivian she's welcome to stay if she likes, "No reason for you to leave any time soon."

"Actually, Victor," says Vivian, "there is."

Anna plays with Sydney as EJ comes in. He hauls out a bottle of scotch.

Anna senses something is wrong, "What happened?"

"Rafe happened... silly little bitch."

"You shouldn't call him names," says Anna.

Will comes in. Rafe decides it's time for him to go talk to EJ, and leaves.

Victor says Phillip will eventually forgive Vivian, "He's forgiven Kate and me dozens of times."

"I'm not sure I'll make that cut," says Vivian.

Victor leaves to take Mr. Sumoto's call. Vivian drones, "Bye, Victor."

Melanie continues her whinefest, "Maggie... I should never have married Phillip. I just want to be a good wife to him. Blubber-blubber-blubber-blubber-blubber."

Phillip arrives at the pub and bumps into Chloe. He senses something is wrong. She insists it's nothing, "I thought I was pregnant but I wasn't and now Daniel and I are finally together and I can't even talk to him. I'm lying to him now. I feel like I can't be honest with him anymore."

"For nothing, that sure was a mouthful," says Phillip.

Carly sits Daniel down on the Salem Bench and continues to beat around the bush, "I wasn't just trying to protect Melanie. I was also trying to protect... her father."

Rafe shows up at the DiMera mansion. Stefano answers the door and Rafe says he's there to talk to EJ about Sydney. Stefano asks how EJ seemed when he saw him, "Was he grieving?"

"No," says the G-Man, "So... you haven't seen him do much grieving either, have you?"

EJ stomps around the hideout in a rage, "I showed her time and again where that man had failed her! What does she do? She just crawls back into bed with the man!"

"And you would rather that had been you?"

"No." Translation: "Yes."

"You have to know that Sami will never be alone," says Anna.

"What does that mean," asks EJ.

Anna explains, "It means the last time Sami's bed didn't have a man in it, it was out for repair. Whenever she gets needy she looks for a hero and always comes up with a man... Brandon... Lucas... Austin... Rafe... You... Stan... If you want Rafe out of her life, you have to find her a different hero."

Bo and Hope go over the information they have on Melanie's shooting. Hope wonders if it's hard for Bo to believe she would help on this.

"No," says Bo, "You're a damn good cop for someone who never comes in to work." He gets a call, "He is?"

Phillip tells Chloe she has to talk to Daniel.

Daniel asks if Bo is the father. "No," says Carly.

"Who is it," asks Daniel, "Can you tell me? Can you at least narrow it down to a section of the phone book? "

Although NBC's Olympics coverage has been dreadful, there is no truth to the rumor it plans to rename them "Olympics Of Our Lives."

Maggie continues to counsel Melanie and says she's going to go call Phillip. She encourages Melanie to rest and leaves. Outside, she staggers and the cop catches her. "I don't know why this would happen right now," says Maggie.

"How else are we going to get Vivian into that room," asks the cop. He takes her off for a glass of water as Vivian goes in.

Sami tells Will what's up. Will is in denial that Sydney is dead and tells Sami she should not accept it either.

Rafe asks, "How's EJ been acting with you — a little off?" Stefano refuses to discuss it and shows Rafe out.

EJ says he's been doing things wrong, "Now it's perfectly clear."

"That's what most people think after swilling a half-bottle of scotch," says Anna.

Bo gets off the phone and tells Hope she may get her chance to help Carly, And maybe even convict Vivian. Are you ready?"

Chloe changes her tune, "Maybe things will be better and we will share things again just like before."

Annie steps up behind her and sings, "TO-MORROW! TO-MORROW..."

Carly continues to stammer. Dan digs, "I assume this man is no longer a part of your life."

"He is he's a great friend," says Carly, "And I Hope it stays that way. Daniel... it's you. You're Melanie's father. It's you."

Melanie sleeps as Vivian walks up and grabs a pillow. She slowly walks toward her. Slowly... slowly... slowly...


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


17 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Haha the OJ Simpson/Rafe Hernandez photo was priceless!!!

My verification word:

Melanie's unflybra hit the floor when Phillip and her filmed their next masterpiece.

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"Who is it," whines Melanie, "You don't even know do you?"

It’s Daniel. Now let’s get this mother and child reunion over with.

Chloe grills Daniel about his friendship with Carly.

Didn’t Chloe go through this with Lucas? She was concerned about Lucas’ connection to Sami, married him anyway, and dumped him for Daniel. Chloe’s fickleness resulted in Lucas being exiled from Salem, and now she’s upset about what Carly means to Daniel. Paranoia is total awareness.

"Yeah," says Bo, "I do." Bo's last brain cell jumps off a cliff and emits a primal scream as it hurtles into oblivion.

He still had one brain cell? Bo certainly had me fooled.

Melanie wails, "You shouldn't have married me! I don't know who I am!" Sorry, Phil, the right choice was Bora Bora.

Melanie’s photograph is in the dictionary illustrating the definition of histrionics. Geez!

Melanie orders French fries and soda from the pub.

That’s exactly what she needs – a giant dose of trans fat to clog her arteries and a caffeinated sugary cola to get her bouncing off the walls.

Vivian says she thinks revenge is the only ticket, "Melanie Layton Kiriakis will die tonight."

Aunty Viv - please make Lawrence and the viewers very happy!!

“I think we should do something for Sydney, and include EJ."

You think? After all, EJ is only Sydney’s father.

"Rafe happened... silly little bitch."

"You shouldn't call him names," says Anna.

LOL!!!

Melanie sleeps as Vivian walks up and grabs a pillow. She slowly walks toward her. Slowly... slowly... slowly...

It’s probably too much to ask for but I hope that Vivian is successful in permanently shutting Melanie’s yap. I'm as obsessed with Vivian offing Melanie as Vivian is.

Naughty, naughty censored link Prevuze, and the separated at birth photo was spot on! Thanks for the outstanding update!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous LemonGrass1985 said...

Viv, Mel isn't the problem, CARLY IS. Kill that bitch pretty pretty please.
Who has time to find/mourn little Sydney when there's sex to be had.
I'm really starting to dislike Sami. I can see her slapping Ali someday for interupting her Rafe/sex time.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous LemonGrass1985 said...

I just rewatched Rafe's crying scene.

I can't imagine the HOURS, the HOURS I tell ya that it must have taken him and Tomlin to come up with that scene. The rehearsal time alone must have set the filming back days. I can now see why GG was so proud of that scene.

I've also got some swampland in AZ if anyone's interested.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Naughty, naughty

Oh, good, a "Naughty, naughty." That ranks right up there with a spit-take ruined keyboard and nearly on the same level as a Pulitzer.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Anna knows Sami and her need of a hero very well..sadly..Sami when will you be an independent and proud single woman ?? When she was a schemer the heroes left her and she was a so much better character..good old times..
Ok so Rafe Ej is not grieving because he doesn't have sex ?? Ok scoop for you not everybody spend all the time having sex when they think their child is dead !!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Among the spit-worthy prevuisms not yet mentioned:

Phillip picks lint out of his navel.

And

Bo and Hope are able to put their differences aside and work together to foul things up.

And there's something I have to get off my chest. Meant to bring it up the last two days. Melanie's over-the-top hysterics: given that she's just come out of surgery where (apparently) she got her chest cracked and heart worked on there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD she'd be thrashing and screaming as she has been. It would hurt just to breathe. The position they have her in, propped up on pillows like that, would be excruciatingly painful. I've had surgery. I've know people who have had heart surgery. No way! Just sayin...

With that rant over let me say that sort of DOOL idiocy does at least get my blood flowing and adrenaline spiking. Oh, and thank God the Melanie-daddy issue is finally out. Like we haven't know that since day one.

Word verification: outsmat

DOOL will never outsma[r]t Prevuze and the faithful Prevuzettes!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Safe - The Hormonal Couple said...

Ok scoop for you not everybody spend all the time having sex when they think their child is dead !!

Don't knock it untill you've tried it. It helps pass the time between Sami's tantrums.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Oh, good, a "Naughty, naughty." That ranks right up there with a spit-take ruined keyboard and nearly on the same level as a Pulitzer, OK, how does almost bursing a head vein in an attempt to stifle your laughter in order to not arrouse the suspicion of your coworkers rank? Because that's what happened when I got to Bo's remaining brain cell screaming and hurtling off the cliff! HAHAHAHA

Rafe shows up at the DiMera mansion. Stefano answers the door.. I thought EJ had Stefano served with an eviction notice. What happened with that? I guess the legal system and SPD move at the same speed in eviction cases that they do in everything else.

LOL over "There is nothing more heinous." "You've never watched a DOOL marathon, have you," asks Stefano (I have and it is), the censored link and the image of Chloe stuffing her face for two.

You were in great form today, Prev. Thanks! Happy mid-week everyone.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

OK, how does almost bursing a head vein in an attempt to stifle your laughter in order to not arrouse the suspicion of your coworkers rank? Because that's what happened when I got to Bo's remaining brain cell screaming and hurtling off the cliff! HAHAHAHA

Oh, that just makes my day. I'm not mean, just a bit twisted.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daniel is Melanie's father? Really?? Wow.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

Anonymous above, I think you're the only one who watches DAYS that hadn't figured that out.

Everytime I don't think Sami can get more pathetic, she proves me wrong.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Carly is with Melanie in her hospital room and Melanie keeps up her rant. She rambles on about the horrible life she had with Trentzilla
Ah, of course. It's Carly's fault she's such a terrible person. I'm sure it was Melanie's hard work that made her 'independent' and 'stubborn.'

Chloe grills Daniel about his friendship with Carly.
This is so weird and out of the blue. She never seemed to be concerned about Carly before. The plot screams for irrationality.

Melanie jumps to conclusions, "It's Bo, isn't it?"
As excellent as it would be to have two of his daughters marrying his brothers, alas it is not to be.

I have to talk to him. He needs to know first."
How nice. These characters seem to take lessons on how to potentially ruin people lives.

"Melanie Layton Kiriakis will die tonight."
Her full name changing to Melanie Layton Manning Jonas Kiriakis.

You just get us ready to leave
What? Is she still talking the ghost?!?

Melanie whines, "I want to know who my dad is!"
So stupid, you should have let her talk instead of throwing a tantrum.

What if my friend Vivian is trying to kill me?"
The last I remembered, Melanie thought Vivian was a weird, pushy, old woman. Now they're friends.

"So... you haven't seen him do much grieving either, have you?"
Everybody... kinda... grieves in their own way. But don't let that get in the way of the plot.

"And I Hope it stays that way. Daniel... it's you. You're Melanie's father. It's you."
Well hurrah for not dragging it out.

I will enjoy Chloe's misfortune.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why oh why do I continue on watching the hateful EJ, the open door to all Sami and the lunacy of Bo?...........because my friends and family are wayyyyyyyyyy too normal.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish my family was way to normal. Not quite on the scale of days. Just sometimes wonder how badly I screwed them up. Thats a joke ya'll

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanted to recognize my favorite picture today - Bo and Abe's exchange. Couldn't leave it unremarked on.

KOTU

8:01 PM  
Blogger wolf said...

While catching up on a week of DrOOL, did I completely hallucinate the fact that on last Thursdays episode (I think) It said at the end "In Loving Memory of Frances Reid"? That's it? Alice dies Micky gets a bigger send-off? That so totally sucks!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs