Monday, February 22, 2010

Snowmageddon

Once again I'm on the road and once again the Prevuze Compound has been hit by what is popularly being referred to as another "snowmageddon." Snowclysm? Dare I say snowgasm? Anyway, I'm sure my satellite dish is sitting there buried under tons of the white defecation we've had so much of this year and, of course, it was unable to pick up the signal today.

This is terrible. It's an episode where Melanie reacts to learning Carly is her mother, and where Sami has both EJ and Rafe together to provide an audience for her hysterics. Think of the out-of-control screaming we'll miss. Oh, well, as they say, sic transit gloria crap.

Just to let you know, I have a "ton" of travel coming up this spring and summer. I'm working on upgrading my equipment so I will be able to post more consistently when I'm on the road, but at least as the weather warms up, we won't be faced with one of the main problems we've had recently, which has been snow blocking the dish and preventing us from getting the signal. I hope.

I'll be on Twitter and Facebook later with my usual post-show comments. I'm scheduled to arrive back at the snowbound compound later this afternoon and I'll immediately go to work cleaning off the dish so we don't miss any more of this riveting stuff tomorrow. In the meantime, make it a great M... Mon... Mond... uh... Friday eve-eve-eve-eve.

P.S. Ironic, isn't it? We've had more snow this winter than we've had in years and they're having to truck snow in to the Winter Olympics. I told them this would happen when they refused to hold the Winter Olympics on the Prevuze Compound.

Oh, yeah, and...
Happy birthday, George...

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


8 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie said...

Snowclysm and snowgasm - I like it!! We didn't end up with the forecasted foot of snow but the three inches we did get was wet and weighed a ton. Since I didn't have a heart attack shoveling it, it's all good. I worked up a sweat so I guess I got day's worth of cardio and weights. However, missing Prevuze's version of the EJ/Rafe/Sami smackdown is a tragedy I'll have to find a way to endure. LOL!!!

Happy snow day everyone!!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

I would whine more about the 8" we got over the weekend, but then I think of the poor sods on the East Coast and their 30+ inch snowfalls this winter and just thank my lucky stars for a snowblower and a husband to push it!

A Monday without Prevuze is like a Monday without sunshine. Which, we pretty much don't have either. Yikes!

Oh, well, as they say, sic transit gloria crap.

Unfortunately, this IN-glorious DOOL c**p isn’t so fleeting. Like those last, dirty, sad-looking piles of snow DOOL's s/l's just keeping hanging around.

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

OMG. No Prevuze. I sense a Sami-sized hissy fit coming on.....nope. I'll take a deep breath, gather my common sense and tell myself it'll be back tomorrow!

Not enough snow to shovel where I'm at but a nice covering of ice on everything. Very pretty if you don't have to get out in the stuff.

Thanks, Prevuze, and take care everyone wherever you are.. :)

7:04 AM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

Okay - no Prevuze today so it gives me the opportunity to wax poetic about NBC's Olympic coverage (okay - so not so much poetic, but it sounded good...)

I'm assuming I'm writing to a group that consists of mostly women, who (I assume) ice dancing is supposed to be aimed at. Is anyone else scratching their heads about why the brain-trust in charge of NBC's Olympic coverage decided to pass over covering the live, prime-time hockey game between USA and Canada to show ice dancing and a tape delay of the 2-man bobsled?

I ended up having to find the game in an online feed from Australia, of all places. NBC missed broadcasting probably the best game since the "Miracle on Ice" back in the 1980 Olympics. And to top it off, they FINALLY switch to coverage of the game with 20 seconds left, after USA has just scored the empty net goal to secure victory. Unbelieveable decision making by TPTB at NBC.

But, maybe I'm way off base. Maybe there are a ton of ice dancing fans who would have been really upset to watch the ice dancing on a tape delay after hockey? Or, maybe, this is yet another example of why NBC is rapidly becoming the worst of the 4 major broadcast networks.

Prevuze® - best Olympic coverage blog on the internet

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

WingNut '75 - I'm a woman, and I watched the hockey match on MSNBC. I recorded the ice dancing on my DVR so I can have the best of both worlds.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the hockey game on MSNBC as well, but later on they replayed a curling match from 1996 I think. What the hell was up with that? They don't have enough curling to show on NBC (nothing but curling) network, they actually had to start showing reruns of past Olympics. I could go on but I'm not in a Samisuvius mood I guess.
-Cookie-

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

LMAO - Leslie, I did the same exact thing!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

The game was on MSNBC? Not that it matters since I don't have cable or satelite...but I guess it's a good thing that Pres. Obama didn't get a hang-nail. MSNBC would have had to interrupt the game coverage for the "Breaking News"!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs