Monday, March 02, 2009

Co-Fathers

Daniel staggers through the woods and remembers his tearjerking goodbye with Chloe. Chloe provides the tears, Daniel provides the jerk. Daniel sighs, "Oh, the hell with it."

Will insults Chloe and then apologizes for being out of line and oh, they lucky guys, Chloe decides to stay with them. She asks Lucas to forgive her.

Daniel wanders into the Cheatin' Heart and orders a double scotch. Chelsea comes in looking for Max and sees the sot swilling his booze. She walks up to the table and gives him yet another reason to drink as Max watches.

Mary tells Nicole EJ went to Marlena's house. Nicole puts tow and two together. She only comes up with three, but still decides EJ is seeing Sami.

Over at the townhouse, EJ wonders, aloud of course, what would happen if he made Nicole's worst nightmare come true and married Sami. Sami gets sarcastic. EJ accuses her of being jealous. Sami asks, "Why would I possibly be jealous?"

EJ says, "Because Nicole has me, if you don't."

Sami accuses him of being arrogant and says she thinks he'll always be a part of her life, "You're the father of my children!"

Oops. EJ immediately catches on to the little slip of the tongue, "Did I miss something?"

"It's easier to go over the things you catch, if you want to know the truth."

EJ gives her an English lesson, "Children is plural." Sami 'splains they are twins and she thinks of Lucas and EJ as 'co-fathers.'

EJ warns her not to go to war with Nicole. Speak of the devil, EJ's phone rings and Nicole revs up her shrew personality, "Who are you with, EJ?"

Will can't stand the whining any more and leaves. Here's a surprise, Lucas has something to say. He tells Chloe she isn't to blame for his drinking, "I acted like an idiot."

"That's what I love about you," says Chloe. Lucas says he took her for granted. He vows to make things better and begs for another chance. Chloe wants another chance, too. The viewers want a stiff drink. Chloe jumps in his lap, "I promise I'll behave from now on and we'll be happy for all the Days Of Our Lives, I swear to God."

God takes out his little book and marks that one down as another promise Chloe won't keep.

Max walks up to Chelsea and Daniel's table, "Hey Chelse, look at this text someone just sent me. He shoves his phone in her face. Chelsea reads, "DITCH HIM!"

Chelsea gives him a fake smile, "Oh, that is so interesting... and juvenile."

"I wanted it to be like that so you could understand it," says Max.

Daniel goes off to make a call. Max tells Chelsea she shouldn't be with Daniel, "He's a ticking time bomb."

Daniel leaves a message for Chloe, "I... I... aw, screw it."

EJ tells Nicole he's at Sami's. Sami plays the part of the Peanut Gallery and mocks in the background, "Ooh, you're getting brave and telling her the truth."

"What are you doing there," asks Nicole, "Have you heard about phones?" EJ explains what an emergency it was to deliver the laughing penguin.

The Peanut Gallery chimes in, "Did you forget to ask permission?"

Nicole bawls EJ out for not telling her he was leaving. She hangs up. EJ thanks God he's so lucky he gets to choose between two women who not only have nonstop mouths but as an added bonus refuse to have sex with him.

Sami keeps it up, "So when you get home will she be waiting at a door with a rolling pin to lay down the law?"

"I Hope not," says EJ, "I don't think a rolling pin would put me out of my misery quick enough. She just had a baby, cut her some slack." Sami stews. EJ asks what is wrong.

Nicole sends Sydney off with Mary for a bath. Sydney will get a bath too. She stands alone and vows, "Sami, you are not taking EJ or Sydney away from me no matter what."

Daniel returns. He asks Chelsea to scram. "I'm not leaving," says Chelsea, "until you tell me what's bothering you."

"You."

"Who did you just call," she asks.

Chloe says she wants things to be like the last month never happened. Lucas doesn't want the same things to happen, "We have to be honest with each other. I promise from now on I'll (say it with him) be there for you. You can tell me anything."

"It was my fault, not yours," says Chloe, "I'm the one to blame for you almost dying."

Sami gets sucked into her emotional black hole. EJ asks if something is wrong. Sami claims not, "I'm at my happiest when I'm not happy." EJ thinks swami might be jealous of Nicole and her baby. Sami denies it and says she's worried about his new daughter being raised in the DiMera mausoleum. Then she whipsaws us all with her bipolar bounce, "But I guess in the end we have to do what's best for the children. And Johnny, Allie and Sydney too."

Daniel doesn't want to talk. Chelsea wonders if this has to do with Kate. Daniel tells Chelsea about Kate's remission. Chelsea launches herself out of her chair and does a happy dance all around the bar. She rushes back over and hugs Daniel.

The other bartender whispers in Max' ear, "Looks like you're girlfriend is trading up."

Lucas says, "So, While I'm getting sober maybe you could work on not acting so crazy." No doubt he's still drunk. Lucas can't believe how much he drank and wonders why he was at Daniel's apartment. A nurse interrupts as Chloe gets a call from Nicole.

Outside, Nicole asks her to come over, "I need to talk or I will start screaming. EJ is with Sami." Realizing this is an emergency of the highest order, Chloe says she'll be there asap. She goes back inside and tells Lucas Nicole is freaking out about Sami. She wonders why Nicole didn't say anything about the baby.

Lucas tells her, "Sami lost that baby."

"That's nothing new," says Chloe, "She never knows where any of her kids are."

"You can't say anything," says Lucas. He takes out a megaphone and points it toward the open door to his room, "If anyone found out about Sami and EJ..."

Will walks in, "Found out what?"

Sami continues her rant. She thinks Stefano is grooming Johnny to be the next generation of evil DiMera. She thinks Nicole is playing the DiMera wife role to the hilt. EJ says, "You have no idea what you would do in the same position."

"Actually, EJ," says Sami, "I do."

Chelsea tells Max the good news about Kate. She thinks the family owes Chloe for what she did. Max leaves and Chelsea continues to badger Daniel. Daniel muses, "I wonder what kind of man I am?"

"For starters," says Chelsea, "How about a cradle robbing, granny chasing, patient groping poon hound? "

Will presses. Chloe decides this is a good time to leave. Will takes the opportunity to ask, "So let's talk about what you don't want to talk about... Mom and EJ. Is something going on between Mom and that jerk?"

Prevuze

Lucas flashes back to learning Sami was pregnant with EJ's baby, "Your mother and EJ are spending time together because of Johnny."

Will comes out of left field, "I get it. You're shared I'm gonna shoot EJ in the back."

Chloe tells Nicole she dumped Daniel. Nicole asks, "So, why? He just doesn't do it for you any more."

"No," says Chloe, "He still does it a lot."

Nicole gives her advice, "You can't just flip a switch and have those feelings go away."

"OK," says Chloe, "That does it. I'm leaving." Nicole stops her. "Funny," says Chloe, "most people are happy to hear me say that." Chloe tells Nicole about her deal with God.

Nicole is skeptical, "So God told you to leave Daniel? Did he call? Leave a telegram?" Chloe tells her Lucas doesn't remember anything about learning of her affair with Daniel.

"Because of the explosion," asks Nicole.

"I think it was God," says Chloe.

Nicole asks, "What happened to the Nicole I knew? Imagine what EJ will do if Sami tells him about the baby."

Chloe says, "I don't think you have to worry about Sami or that baby ever again."

EJ says he thinks there is something Sami isn't telling him. Sami says she's worried about her kids. She softens and says she worries about EJ, "because a part of me will always love you."

Lucas tells Will not to joke about things like that. Will insists he isn't joking. Lucas says he isn't in a position to lecture, but he didn't want Will to come back to a mess. Will thinks Lucas is trying to clean his mess up, so he offers to help and says he'll be staying for a while.

"Good," says Lucas, "There is something I want you to do for me."

"Anything," says Will, "What is it?"

"Help me get rid of this bedpan. I've been sitting on it all morning."

Nicole wants to know why she wouldn't have to worry about Sami. Chloe tells her Sami told Lucas she lost the baby.

"Well, isn't that somethin'..." Nicole flashes back to Sami talking to the nuns about taking care of her daughter. She wonders what Sami and EJ are talking about right now.

EJ can't believe what Sami just said. Sami tells him not to get too excited, "You're a DiMera and always will be." She asks EJ to swear he will protect Johnny.

"I'm sorry, Samantha," says EJ, "but when it comes to our son he's on his own."

Daniel thinks he has screwed up Chelsea's life. He encourages her to take off with Max and not think about him. She agrees under one condition, "That's your last drink."

"Right," says Daniel, "because if you leave, I won't need another one."

Nicole gets impatient and starts to call EJ. Chloe stops her and tells her EJ loves her and if she's not the woman EJ fell in love with she will ruin things. Nicole decides Chloe is right. She says she won't let Sami get to her.

Sami nukes, "You're not even gong to try to protect your son from your father?"

EJ says, "It's not our job to try to mold Johnny into something."

"In other words," asks Sami, "It's not our job to be parents."

"If my son and daughter want to join the family," says EJ, "that's their business. If they want to join the circus, well, that's up to them, too".

Sami asks, "What's the difference?"

Sami thinks she's seeing a side of him she never met. He asks her to let him show it to her, "You show me yours, I'll show you mine."

Daniel leaves. Chelsea goes over to bother Max and tells him what Daniel said.

"That's great," says Max, "coming form Dr. Laughsalot." She moves behind the bar and plants one. Daniel watches, "Chloe you did the right thing."

Will thinks he'll finish the semester at Salem High, "Summer's coming so we have to come up with a stupid teen-plot for all the kiddies who will be out of school."

Lucas asks him to be his best man at the wedding. Will sulks off. Lucas calls after him, "Come on man, don't do that!"

Chloe tells Nicole the best thing to do right now is nothing. "That's what we've been doing for this whole episode," says Nicole. Chloe leaves. Nicole thinks doing nothing is not her style.

EJ tells Sami not to worry about Johnny. Sami goes to check on the kids as there is a knock at the door. EJ opens it.

Rafe!

Sami rushes out and we have a hug-a-thon.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More paranoid Nicole, retconned EJami love, and foolish Lucas. This blog used to be funny. But now it's so obvious you're in the tank for EJ & Sami. LOL! Don't let yout blog get sucked into the all-consuming nightmare vortex of Sami "the brat" Brady. Save yourselves!!!!

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daniel staggers through the woods and remembers his tearjerking goodbye with Chloe. Chloe provides the tears, Daniel provides the jerk.

Right on Prevuze!!! I’m getting sick of this routine.

Oops. EJ immediately catches on to the little slip of the tongue, "Did I miss something?"

"It's easier to go over the things you catch, if you want to know the truth."


The whole Nicole/Sami/EJ mess depends on deceit and EJ’s incredible stupidity. To keep their lies straight, Sami and Nicole must be keeping journals as lengthy as Kafka and just as weird or is that fascinating.

Sami plays the part of the Peanut Gallery and mocks in the background, "Ooh, you're getting brave and telling her the truth."

That’s more than Sami can say about herself.

Sami denies it and says she's worried about his new daughter being raised in the DiMera mausoleum.

Actually, that’s a good point. Why hasn’t EJ gotten a place of his own? He moved into the mansion because he was short on cash and now he appears to be rolling in dough. Oh, that’s right. DOOL is NOT rolling in dough so they can’t come up with a set for a new home. Silly me!

Daniel muses, "I wonder what kind of man I am?"

"For starters," says Chelsea, "How about a cradle robbing, granny chasing, patient groping poon hound?"


There are so many excellent choices that Amazon.com could include them in a Listmania.

EJ says he thinks there is something Sami isn't telling him.

What was your first clue Sherlock?

She softens and says she worries about EJ, "because a part of me will always love you."

Cue Whitney Houston or Dolly Parton…your choice.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I, I will always love you.

You, darling, I love you.
Ooh, I'll always, I'll always love you.


OK, that’s enough. We get it.

Bulldog, at least the hamster is just sleeping and hasn’t died. I hope Nicole has fun trying to find a Yugo that’s still running. Prevuze, thanks for an outstanding Monday morning pick me up because this episode of Daze sounds really bad.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nicole bawls EJ out for not telling her he was leaving.
I guess she doesn't like it when other people do it to her.

Daniel goes off to make a call. Max tells Chelsea she shouldn't be with Daniel, "He's a ticking time bomb."
Is this an another sudden character trait? Is there some reason I missed why Max dislikes Dr. Danny?

EJ says, "It's not our job to try to mold Johnny into something."
lmao. What? talk about hands off parenting.
But let's hope he tells that to Stefano.

I'm gonna shoot EJ in the back
So is Will saying he shot EJ or what?

In any case I'm too... nonplussed to comment on Chloe and Dan.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering that, too, Klaus. If it's finally going to come out that Will shot EJ and Lucas covered for him as we suspected all along. Haven't actually seen NuWill yet but just from reading Prevuze it seems like they're turning him into the typical snotty teenager. I can't even image what inane summer teen storyline they'll come up with this time.

Chloe is a Maggie clone. Didn't Lucas just tell her to keep her mouth shut about Sami losing the baby?

Are they in sweeps now or did we miss it? If they are and this is the most excitement they can come up with they're in deep you-know-what.

Loved the Phillip picture and I
LOL over "Help me get rid of this bedpan. I've been ditting on it all morning." I have to wonder, Prevuze, if the image of that discomfort came to mind after struggling thru this episode? HAHAHHA

Thanks for the Monday chuckles. :D

7:08 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"How about a cradle robbing, granny chasing, patient groping poon hound? "

I vote that the best description of Dr. Feel-em-good yet.

Best laughs of the day came from the pictures – Phil as an aluminum siding salesman, Kate’s gratitude toward Chloe, and Bulldog’s hilarious depiction of Lucas’s brain activity.

Chloe tells Nicole the best thing to do right now is nothing. "That's what we've been doing for this whole episode," says Nicole.

Wow! Prevuze called that one. Except for the last scene, what a waste of 45 minutes of Prevuze’ time watching this drivel. The Prevuze staff must have a great deal of intestinal fortitude, dealing with this stuff day in and day out, for all the Days Of Our Lives.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is it just me or does Sydney already look like she is 6 months old??

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucas not a sleep brain wheel mouse. you not fair he sexxy man on show

12:07 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

lucas not a sleep brain wheel mouse. you not fair he sexxy man on show

Couldn't have said it better myself.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard a rumor, that Will was going to be the father of Mia's baby, How, I don't know, if that rumor is true, I don't know.

With Chloe and her big mouth I doubt Sami's secret will be a secret for long......

I am pretty sure that Tony dies this month, and then there will be a line up of "who" I hope that isn't the big deal for the sweeps.



Great Prevuze as always!

-Jean

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where's anner....I mean...anna?

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only interesting part of this eppisode was the knock at the door. I would have fallen asleep at about the 5 minute mark in the show, only to be woken by the knock at the door? Hmmm, who dat? The other 40 minutes sooooo NOT entertaining! Thanks Prev for your extreme dedication in bringing us the recap of this extreme snoozefest of an eppi :).

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs