Saturday, December 13, 2008

Days Of Our Lives - The Precious Missing Scenes

Here's the deal. Yesterday for some reason my digital recorder froze up for a few minutes during the show. It probably just got to the point where it couldn't stand the drivel any more. Anyway, a few minutes later it came back to life and continued recording. Kind of like when Hilda ran into the bathroom after getting sick on Sami's cookies. She missed a few precious minutes of the god-awful whining.

So when I was typing up the recap yesterday and got to the blackout, I just let it go and kept on typing. Then when I edited the posting, it didn't seem to make any difference that we missed those parts, so I just left them out and posted what I had.

Admit it, you didn't have a clue anything was missing, did you? Heck, I could have probably skipped five episodes and you wouldn't have known since the show seems to move at the pace of a crippled glacier (Unless, of course, you're a kid on the show, in which case candles pop up on your birthday cake like zits on the face of a chocolate gobbling adolescent).

Anyway, just because I know you don't want to miss a golden moment of the exciting action (and you also don't want to miss any of DOOL), here is the part you missed. It kicks in right after the scene where the baddie knees Rafe and turns his testicles into a set of twice-baked potatoes:

* * * * *

Lexie asks if EJ enjoys kicking people when they are down. EJ wants to know how the first lady of Salem can possibly be down. Lexie says she feels responsible not only for Moron-o's death but also for Sami getting shot.

"Whatever possessed you to talk to Father about it," asks EJ.

"I'm just possessed in general," says Lexie, "And besides that, Moron-o was attacking Abe and me in the press. And the things they said about Theo were terrible."

EJ explodes, "IT'S CALLED POLITICS!"

Rod Blagojevich sticks his head into the room, "Politics? Did someone say politics? Anybody want to buy a senate seat? We're having a sale."

Lexie says she did what she had to do to protect her family, "The only person I knew who was powerful enough to protect me and my family was our father."

"Oh, yeah, that's right" says EJ, "He's the same guy who protected you in the DiMera tunnel for months, isn't he?"

"If I thought for a second he had the mayor killed," says Lexie, "I couldn't forgive myself."

"What did you think he was going to do," asks EJ, "send him on a cruise?" EJ tells her to go join her son and husband waiting in the car. On her way out Lexie can't resist a parting shot. She says it's pretty audacious of him to accuse her of getting involved with their father when he's in up to his eyeballs. She wants to know if he thinks their father is dangerous why he would put his children and Nicole in harm's way.

Nicole and Kelly, now best friends, start to stomp out of the Cheatin' Heart. Brady follows and stops them. Nicole accuses him of acting supportive just so he could tag along and then chase Kelly away, "Why do you think you are my friend, because you are not!" She gets in his face, "Do you understand me? I want to be the mother of this girl's baby!"

"I didn't know that was biologically possible," says Brady, "What you need is a dose of reality. She's a lying little bitch and she's scamming you and I can prove it."

EJ tells Lexie he chooses to get involved with Stefano, "The closer I am to Father, the better able I am to protect my family."

Lexie applauds, "Good one, EJ. I talk about protecting my family and I'm being selfish, but for you, it's heroic."

"I can separate business and family," says EJ, "I don't go to my father and ask him to make hits on my enemies.

Prevuze

* * * * *

So there you have it. Don't you feel like your life is complete now? Hope this gives you the strength to make it a great weekend. See you Monday.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, I didn't notice.

You're also right, Stephanie should be dancing around a pole. She looks cheap and tawdry. More like she's shopping for a date than going to work.

4:50 AM  
Blogger luvpumpkns said...

oh man, thanks so much for reminding me of stefano locking lexie in that tunnel. thinking back on her coming out of there all wild-eyed and on the attack really made me chuckle this morning.

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture about Stephanie says it all. Do you think TPTB will see it and realize the wardrobe department needs to get a clue? Oh wait, this is Daze...forget that.

I love the comment that we could miss several episodes and not notice the diff. Unfortunately that is too true! Thanks for providing the missing link in yesterday's show. Unfortunately in Salem I think there are several missing links....HAHAHAHA

Have a great weekend, Prevuze and readers! :D

6:47 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

As if it being Saturday wasn't reason enough to make me smile, along comes Prevuze with all its snark and point-on observations and suddenly I'm laughing my ass off.

Now I'm fortified for going forth and braving the Christmas shopping crowds! Thanks.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..... All I'm wondering in regards to Stephanie's dress is....

just how much double-sided tape, glue, haywire, suction cups and twine the wardrobe dept had to use to get her 'up' like that.....

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie's dress is just fine! It's the boobs being taped up and wired sideways that makes her look like she should be doing a strip show in Vegas! Come on, she's a beautiful girl, but was the wardrobe malfunction necessary? Or was it intentionally done, to boost up the sagging ratings at DOOL??? Sorry, I couldn't help myself :)

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just when we thought it was safe this weekend...hysterical no one missed these scenes. All I could think of was EJ telling Lexie "Obiwanknobi you are my only hope" This ridculous drama continues.....it's a miracle this show is going to last another 18 months.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs