Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dogs, Birds, Varmints And Herds Of Buffalo

Nick and Melanie struggle and wiggle around the hotel room. Melanie screams, "Are you gonna kill me, like you killed my father?"

Daniel comes into Kate's room and stares at sleeping beauty. Kate wakes up, "You were smiling just like that in my dream. I think it's gonna come true. You saved me."

Chloe meets Lucas at the pub. Lucas says, "I have to decide on whether to commit to something... for us." He hands her a folder, "Here, open it."

Bo and Hope decide they are on the same page. "We agree," says Bo, "Nick is the killer."

Stephanie gets a call from Nick. Phillip takes it but there is no one on the other end.

Struggle, struggle, struggle. See Melanie struggle. Struggle, Melanie, struggle. She accuses Nick of killing her father, "It's all coming back to me. The fighting. The knife. The sound of the knife going into his back. His guts gushing out all over the place. There is no going back. I remember. I know the truth."

Nutso Nick goes off the wacko scale, "And I'm sorry you do. You'll never know how sorry I am."

Phillip listens to the argument over the phone. Melanie begs. Heavy-breathing, overacting sweaty Nick quiets her, "If you don't hear what I say there is no hope for the future, is there?"

Kate has decided to hold on to this dream. In it, Daniel came up with a miracle cure, "It was a single pill. I took it and was back to my old self — the Wicked Witch of Salem. "

John sticks his head in the door, "If a single pill can do that, just imagine what a bag of them can do."

Kate asks about the tests that will show how effective the treatment has been, "When do we get the results?"

Daniel says, "Within an hour."

Lucas shows Chloe the plans for their huge new house, "I put a bid on it but wanted to check with you before I commit. It's all taken care of. I've arranged for one of those great sub-prime mortgages that brought the entire financial system of the country down. We'll be able to live there for a couple years making a $200 monthly payment and then everything will come due and we'll be ruined financially. He tells her what an amazing mother she has been with Sami out of the way. As far as he is concerned they are already a family. He brings up the dreaded m-word. He says he has sensed ambivalence about their relationship on her part, "Buying this house is my way of showing I'm committed."

"If you're marrying me," says Chloe, "You should be committed."

"I shine as a husband," says Lucas, "I'm such a fantastic husband two of my marriages actually lasted longer than two weeks. Not much longer, but I'll be great as your husband."

"You will be," says Chloe, "I believe that." She tells him she saw Brady today, "He's really gotten himself together."

Lucas balloon bursts, "Is this where you say you are leaving me?"

"No, not at all," says Chloe, "Seeing him made me realize how lucky I am to have you."

Bo tells Hope not to beat herself up for not seeing this coming. Hope beats herself up anyway, "I should have known. I'm going to (say it with her) be there for him now even if it means..."

A call interrupts Hope's tirade. Bo takes it, hangs up and tells her they have a lead on where Nick and Melanie are.

Phillip and Stephanie listen over the phone as Nick and Melanie struggle. Phillip hears a plane. Melanie tells Nick she can't marry him after he killed her father. She tries to run but he pulls her back in. More struggling. Melanie yells, "I hate you Nick! I hate you!"

Daniel trades his "bedside manner" for his "jump in the sack with her manner." They snuggle. Kate apologizes for putting the pressure of the miracle dream cure on him. Daniel is tender and sensitive and tries to encourage her. Kate says she is prepared not to be saved, "I have lived a full life. I have had love. Or at least the next best thing. That's what I want for you. To have a life filled with love."

Chloe knows without Lucas she might still be pining for Brady. Her little family with him makes her feel safe and warm. She approves the house. Smoochies.

Phillip gets a clue. He says he knows where they might be. "How do you know," asks Melanie.

"De planes! De planes!" Roarke and Tattoo head toward de droning sound of de planes.

Nick and Melanie. More of the same. Blada, blada, yell, yell, yell. Nick apologizes. Melanie whimpers and decides maybe she was too hard on him. She tells him he can still make things right. All he has to do is call the police and confess.

Lucas and Chloe come in to see Kate. Kate zones and boogies to her iPod. She finally figures out someone is in the room and unplugs her ear buds. "What were you listening to," asks Lucas.

"David Bowie," says Kate, "It's so soothing and uplifting. Especially the part where Major Tom dies a slow and excruciating death. "

Daniel comes in. Kate asks, "Was all the pain and nausea worth it?"

"No," says Daniel, "I'll never date Chelsea again."

Phillip and Stephanie bust into Bo's office and tell Bo and Hope they think Nick and Melanie are in a motel near the airport. "Great," says Bo, "I'm glad you told us. I know I'd sure hate to rely on the SPD to figure something out on its own. "

Nick isn't too thrilled about the idea of confessing, "I'll go to prison."

"Look at the upside," says Melanie, "Chelsea won't be in there. And I'll visit you."

Nickenstein is not pleased with the idea of prison. He tosses the phone and roughs her up. He accuses her of playing him, grabs her hair and says, "The only thing you care about is saving yourself. You don't care about what I did or what I'm going through. It's not gonna happen. Not this time."

Prevuze

Daniel says the chemotherapy was as successful as he has ever seen. Oh, the joy! Daniel leaves. Out in the hall he leans against the wall and sinks into depression.

Phillip has Stephanie stand watch wile he sneaks into Bo's computer, "That's it! The Salem Airway Motel." Roarke and Tattoo are on the case.

Grabbing... arguing... whining... Nick goes totally weird, "It was a strange feeling when the knife went in."

Trent's ghost comes up and says, "If you think that was strange, you should have felt it from my point of view."

We have a flashback to the murder scene as Nick tells her about killing Trent. Technical note: The flashback is very difficult to see. This scene has been shown so many times the tape is getting pretty frayed. Nick says seeing Trent hurt her sent him off the deep end. All he could think of was caring for her. He couldn't have confessed or he would have to give her up, "It's not that different from what I did before."

Chloe decides to give Kate and Lucas some time together, "I'm going down to the gift shop to pick out a child's picture book. I think I'll get one for Allie, too. "

After Chloe leaves Lucas says, "It looks like you and Chloe are getting to like each other."

"I wouldn't go that far," says Kate, "But Chloe has been empathetic and my feelings have changed slightly."

"That's what I love about her," says Lucas, "She can be empathetic without having a clue as to what it means."

Daniel wanders in the woods. Chloe runs into him and asks if he is OK. "Long day," says Daniel.

"It's more than that, isn't it," asks Chloe, "You can't be upset about Kate, because you said the tests came out so well. Is there something you didn't tell her?"

Melanie gulps, "You did this before?" Nick tells Melanie about the Willowcide, "I told everyone it was an accident. She died, but it wasn't my fault. Not really. Her name was Willow. The viewers hated her almost as much as they hate you. She was my friend until she started blackmailing me." We flashback to Nick, Willow and the Jan Spears Memorial Rock. "It's all connected," says Nick, "I caused one person to die for Chelsea and now another one for you. Whenever I try to do good people end up dead."

A gal in the audience stands up and yells, "Nick! Why don't you do her some good right now?"

Kate says she doesn't know if she can come to love Chloe even though Lucas does. He pulls out the folder and shows her the new house he plans to buy, "Look at it. It's huge! You can have dogs, birds, varmints and herds of buffalo in there. Kate cautions him to cool it, "What about Sami?"

"Sami's out," says Lucas, "Chloe's in. I'm gonna ask Chloe to marry me." Kate is happy for him if Chloe is the woman he loves. Lucas assures her he's in love with Chloe, "I want you to dance at my wedding. And if you're up to it and still do that kind of thing, maybe you can dance around a pole at my bachelor party, too. "

Daniel tells Chloe Kate's test results were even a little better than he said, "The thing is, doctors have to remain detached and not be emotionally involved. I have a problem with that. Kate isn't just another patient. I've always lacked humility but I need to learn I'm not a God. Doctors lose patients. My wife died. You'd think I'd learn to distance myself but I haven't. Kate still has cancer and it isn't over. It should be over. I'm gonna need a huge favor from you."

Phillip and Stephanie decide they can't go through the front door of the motel because they are interfering with an investigation, so they try to sneak in through the back entrance. It's locked and he asks if Stephanie has a paper clip or a swiss army knife. She gives him a nail file. Phillip gives himself a manicure.

It's more of the obsessive Nick and whiny Melanie show. Melanie tells him she will go anywhere with him. Nick says he can't trust her so they have to stay right there. Melanie makes a break for it and runs toward the balcony. Bo and Hope rush up to the door as Nick and Melanie struggle inside.

Kate chirps, "I'll dance at your wedding whomever you marry."

Lucas tells her she's missing the point. It's Chloe I'm marrying. I love her the way I've never loved anyone before."

Out in the audience, the Lumi crowd drinks cyanide-laced Kool Aid.

Kate gets maudlin, "That's all we have isn't it — Love."

Lucas thinks Kate will find love too, "I've got this funny feeling."

That's just your cell phone vibrating in your pocket," says Kate.

Daniel tells Chloe what the big favor is, "I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mention anything to Kate or Lucas. I don't want Kate to know I've been anything but objective."

Chloe agrees, "My lips are sealed."

"That would make everyone's dreams come true," says Daniel.

Phillip works on the lock as we hear a scream in the distance.

Melanie fights Nick and struggles to jump. Bo kicks down the door and he and Hope rush in. Melanie goes over the railing.

SSCCRREEAAMM!!!

Prevuze

Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

If you enjoyed today's recap and haven't left a donation in a while, please consider doing that. If you aren't in a position to donate, check out some of our advertisers. And you could also consider leaving a comment. We enjoy those. Look at it this way... I've already read Prevuze. YOU are MY entertainment.

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much funny stuff in Prevuze today which goes to show you just how far in the toilet this show has gotten. Kool-Aid! HAHA. And the last photo of the chalk outlines - I almost spit coffee out, almost! Thank god for prevuze, I seriously can't watch this crapola (see I used the same word) anymore.

3:48 AM  
Blogger luvpumpkns said...

"'John sticks his head in the door, "If a single pill can do that, just imagine what a bag of them can do.'"


LOL!!!!! sadly, this is what i'm going to miss most about john...all the prevuze pill jokes.

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out in the audience, the Lumi crowd drinks cyanide-laced Kool Aid.

Oh hardly lol. If they had him slowly falling in love, fighting his feelings along the way, kind of like what they're doing with EJ & Nicole, we'd worry. This is obviously a plot point. Something has to keep Lucas occupied until Sami's out of the WPP and it appears that Chloe is it.

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze, Thanks so much for what you are doing! I don't know if I would be able to get through Days of Our Lives with out you!!
Well anyway, I need an opinion. What is all of your guys' favorite Days episode?

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie screams, "Are you gonna kill me, like you killed my father?"

…or are we going to Twist again like we did last summer? Goodness, I hope there are some Chubby Checker fans out there or at least someone who remembers Chubby Checker.

Kate wakes up, "You were smiling just like that in my dream. I think it's gonna come true. You saved me."

This is not something that I should be reading on an empty stomach. On the other hand, it keeps me from retching.

Lucas balloon bursts, "Is this where you say you are leaving me?"

"No, not at all," says Chloe, "Seeing him made me realize how lucky I am to have you."


In other words, “see ya later alligator, after while crocodile”.

Daniel comes in. Kate asks, "Was all the pain and nausea worth it?"

"No," says Daniel, "I'll never date Chelsea again."


Snigger, snigger, chortle, chortle!!!

"That's what I love about her," says Lucas, "She can be empathetic without having a clue as to what it means."

…and Lucas knows the meaning?

Out in the audience, the Lumi crowd drinks cyanide-laced Kool Aid.

Was it grape?

Thank goodness Prevuze is my drug of choice. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to get through this garbage. Thanks for all you do Prevuze!!!

5:12 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

I asked about this yesterday, but I posted late and didn't get any feedback, so I'm asking again...

If Melanie had been holding the knife, and Nick wasn't wearing gloves when he stabbed Trent, and Trent was able to reach back and get his fingertips on the knife handle, how is it that Caroline's were the only prints they found on the knife? Is it just some more "DOOL-ification" of history? Or is there something yet to be seen about this stabbing?

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cfish, I have wondered about the same thing. Unless Caroline's touching the knife wiped out all the other fingerprints or DNA, I couldn't figure out why more fingerprints didn't show up. Would blood wash away DNA and fingerprints already on the knife? One would think at least some parts of other fingerprints would still be on that knife besides Caroline's. Maybe Nick wiped it clean after he killed Trent? It's probably one of those millions of things writers never think the audience will even wonder huh?

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know it's Marlena and John leaving the show in January. It's time they retired at their age, at least hers. lol She is older than she claims to be.

Not sorry to see Phillip leave either. Why bother recasting him at all?

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the fingerprints, anything could have happened. Our car was broken into in Phoenix AZ. Would you believe the cops actually dusted for fingerprints and then told us that because of the heat, fingerprints fade after a few minutes? I've never heard that ont before.
BTW, Where's Steve?

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**one**

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A small rant. Why in the world did they introduce this cancer s/l? If they were going to explore what cancer can do to a person, how they and their family handle it, how it could devastate someone who values "looking good" like Kate - then fine. But even for DOOL this has been a farce. Cancer that had advanced to the stage the patient was coughing up blood more-or-less cured with a week of chemo and leaving the patient with hardly a hair out of place and perfect makeup!! Puh-leeze!

KOTU

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Out in the audience, the Lumi crowd drinks cyanide-laced Kool Aid"...OMG I cracked up when I read that...in theory it's pure genius, but the idea will probably fail in reality. The cyanide-laced Kool Aid might taste better than the actual beverage itself. I often think that Cherry Kool Aid IS laced with cyanide! Which is probably why Lumis might actually like it. They seem to enjoy unusually bitter things, like seeing Lucas and Sami be nasty to each other ALL of the DAYS OF OUR LIVES! I hope I haven't offended any Lumi fans, but I must say, this was awfully funny stuff.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Loved, loved, LOVED the pictures today. Chloe not having two weeks to spare for a relationship. The Great Karnac. Melanie's brown roots. Even the fact that the second time I logged in there were two entirely different pictures at the bottom including Kate's glow of radiation. HAHAHA

As always there were fabulous Prevuisms to help ease the pain of the stupidity:
Technical note: The flashback is very difficult to see. This scene has been shown so many times the tape is getting pretty frayed.

LOLOLOL

My HUH?! moment:
Phillip and Stephanie bust into Bo's office and tell Bo and Hope they think Nick and Melanie are in a motel near the airport.

You hear fighting, someone being threatened, screaming…wouldn’t it just have been faster to CALL Ho & Dope?

I'd shake my head but I'm afraid more DOOL-dead brain cells would fall out.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, we have proof positive now that DOOL is written by the most ridiculous group of "writers" on the face of the planet. What woman has EVER or would EVER agree to buy a house sight unseen, just from some blueprints? Unless you have to move to a place in another part of the world or another city, that I can see. But if it's right there in good old Salem? Come on, people!!

Besides, how long have Clucas even known each other? I agree with you, Anon, this is just time killing until Sami gets back and Brady gets involved with Chloe, too.

I have to admit, it took me awhile to get "Whenever I try to do good people end up dead." A gal in the audience stands up and yells, "Nick! Why don't you do her some good right now?" HAHAHA

Now we have the Jan Spears/Willow memorial rock and Andre/Melanie memorial balcony. And I loved the sexual harrassment and brown roots photos!

Prevuze, you amaze. :D

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One other thing...

To Anon who asked for my favorite Days episode: hands down for me it was the one we had to wait all weekend to see where Julie found out Doug had married Addie. Yes, I'm old. And that was back when you really could not wait to see what was going to happen on Daze.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so upset over reading that John and Marlena will be a thing of the past and we are also losing Phillip. It is so sad. We have come to love those characters as well as the actors. They will be sadly missed. I am really tired of the Nicole/EJ thing, I want to see EJ and Sammy together.
FROM: Loyal Viewer 35 yrs now

8:16 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Oh yeah - my favorite DAZED episode. Actually it was the two episodes when Bart drug Marlena's look-alike (Hattie?) into the hospital to prove to the group of Salemites assembled there that she existed.

Between the two of them, they had the entire cast struggling (usually unsuccessfully) not to burst into hysterical laughter.

Dang I wish I could get a copy of those two shows!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't unusual. Chloe had leukemia that only caused her hair to fall out, get extentions and was perfectly fine in a couple of weeks.

I didn't get the chalk outline.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't today the 30th anniversary of the Jones-Kool-aid fiasco?

9:26 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

My favorite Days episode was the one where baby DJ died and Don and Marlena never buried him, so Marlena hauled him around in a paper bag wherever she went.

Oh, waitaminute... that was an early Prevuze episode, never mind.

I know! My favorite Days episode was the one where they were raising the flag on the Fourth of July and a storm came up, flipped the flagpole over and impailed Dr. Tom.

Oh, waitaminute... that was an early Prevuze episode, never mind.

Oh, OK, it was the one where John the druggie took a swing at Marlena's crystal vase with his cane and smashed it to smithereens and Johnny Miller and Reginald VanGleason analyzed his swing technique in excruciating detail.

Oh, waitaminute... that was an early Prevuze episode, never mind.

How about the one where Bob Anderson died unexpectedly and all of the women in the family reacted with such shock everyone else thought it was a real death.

Oh, waitaminute... that really happened, never mind.

I KNOW! IT WAS THE SHOW WHERE NOTHING HAPPENED. I'm sure you all remember that one.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

isn't today the 30th anniversary of the Jones-Kool-aid fiasco?

Yes it is, but I SWEAR I didn't know that until after I published Prevuze this morning. Not that I'd ever be repetitive or anything, but I'm sure if you go back through Prevuze, you can find a few references to drinking cyanide-laced Kool Aid.

I should have just said "the Lumi's in the audience fall on their swords," but that would be such an icky mess to clean up.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

THANX Prevuse for the alternate line. I have a mop handy-gotta keep one close by when dealing w/ DOOL

9:54 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Even the fact that the second time I logged in there were two entirely different pictures at the bottom including Kate's glow of radiation. HAHAHA

This was a royal administrative SNAFU. The pictures you saw earlier were supposed to be for today, and the ones you saw later (and which are still up there) were supposed to be for tomorrow. So, tomorrow, I'll just publish the whole lot of them. Two wrongs make a right?

9:55 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Two wrongs make a right?

Is this "the world according to Sami Brady"?

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness, I hope there are some Chubby Checker fans out there or at least someone who remembers Chubby Checker.
I actually met him... he was a customer at a bank I worked at during the early 80's.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I betcha it comes out that Stephano did something to Nick's brain and made him his pawn to take out Melanie because it really is true that Melanie is Nicole's daughter and Stephano didn't want that to come out seeing as Nicole is have a Junior Junior!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when the comments in prevuze touch nerves, oh get a life!!! Laugh!!! Isn't that about the only thing we can do with this writing?

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs