Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Ethics Of A Sewer Rat

Bo watches Chelsea sleep on the couch as she mumbles something, "Dannn-iel." Bo stands there looking like a deer staring into the headlights.

Kate and Martino are together in the pub. Kate says, "I have to say you've changed a bit." Martino says, "It's all because of you, Kate. You didn't know that, did you?"

They continue to chit-chat as Daniel rushes in. One of Martino's goons intercepts him and directs him to Martino and Kate's table. Martino introduces himself and tries to be hospitable. Daniel isn't buying any of it. He says he missed his flight because someone told him this would be a professional consult with a colleague, "But you're not a doctor. But somehow you were able to convince someone to give out my personal information because..."

"Because I want you to look into my daughter's case."

Daniel stammers, "I'm sorry, who did you say you were again?"

Stephanie comes in and smooches Max, "Good morning."

"Is it morning already," he asks. Max tells Stephanie he's been working all night, and he fixed Nick's grant proposal.

Abe and Lexie meet up. Lexie wants to know if Abe is having second thoughts about seeing a therapist. Roman comes up and Lexie tells him she's releasing Ava, "It's my medical opinion that Ava Vitali is mentally fit to face the consequences for her actions."

"If it's your medical opinion that she is sane," says Roman, "I guess she's home free if she pleads insanity."

Ava listens and rolls her head to the side.

Ava sits in a wheelchair and zones as Lexie releases her to Roman. Lexie leaves. Roman has the cop in the room wheel out the zombie.

Martino reintroduces himself to Daniel. Daniel isn't familiar with the name. Kate says she told Martino Daniel is the best there is. Daniel catches on quickly to what Martino is all about, "Are you planning on making me an offer I can't refuse?"

Martino chuckles, "You've seen too many movies. You can refuse. By the way, do you own a horse? " Daniel says he's leaving. Marino implores him to stay and help. Daniel asks what's wrong with his daughter. Martino tells him about the drugs.

"Why would her doctor do that to her," asks Daniel.

"I paid him extremely well," says Martino, "and he has the ethics of a sewer rat. I want you to tell me she's gonna be all right."

Bo brings a breakfast tray into the living room and Chelsea wakes up. He tells her to go back upstairs to bed. Chelsea protests. She wants a caramel macchiato from the Java Café. Bo says he will get it but wants her to stay inside and rest. She reluctantly promises she will take care of herself. "Did anyone ever tell you, you talk in your sleep," asks Bo.

"Yeah," she says, "Nick..." The backpedaling kicks in, "Uh, I mean my sorority sisters."

Bo tells her it sounded like she was having a bad dream. Chelsea says, "It was a nightmare. I dreamed I was an actor on DOOL." She asks why he is dressed up. He says he's going to work. "I don't think so," says Chelsea, "Your wife says I'm to make sure you stay home and rest. You get to take it easy, just like me."

Bo protests, "I feel all cooped up. I don't want to stay home."

"Not even if it means keeping me company," she asks. The thought of that sends Bo into a near-panic. "Sit down," says Chelsea, "We'll bond." A knock at the door interrupts. Morgan comes in with the aforementioned macchiato, scones and a cinnamon roll. Bo sees his chance and bolts for the door.

Chelsea asks, "You don't want me to get in trouble with Hope do you?"

Bo says, "Good luck with that." He runs out like he's shot from a cannon.

Morgan asks, "What was that all about?"

Chelsea explains, "He blames himself for my infertility problem."

Morgan asks, "But doesn't he understand if you hadn't helped with the operation he'd be dead?"

"He has trouble with complex issues like putting two and two together," says Chelsea. Morgan thinks Bo just wants the best for Chelsea.

Max tells Stephanie he just "cleaned up" the proposal. He rattles off technical mumbo jumbo, says he just copied it because the beer was spilled on it and then admits he made corrections. He seals the envelope it's in and says he wants to send it to the administration building. Stephanie wonders why he doesn't want Nick to know. "Don't tell him," says Max, "promise me."

Three guesses who walks up behind Max, "Promise what?"

Daniel insists Ava needs a psychiatrist and he can't do what Martino wants.

"Why not," asks Kate, "Can't you at least refer someone?"

Daniel says he can't, "This is Salem. There is an overabundance of nut cases and a shortage of psychiatrists. They're all booked."

Martino thanks Daniel for his time, "I will make it worth your while."

"Keep your money," snorts Daniel. He leaves. Kate chases.

Abe tells Roman Ava's lawyer is making waves to get the arraignment postponed, "He says she was released from the hospital prematurely, I'm out for blood and Lexie is my wife."

"OMG," says Roman, "Can he stoop any lower? He's using the truth as a defense. We only have 48 hours to arraign her."

"How much is that in DOOL time," asks Abe, "Book her and put her in holding."

Roman goes out and orders a cop to book Ava and take her to processing. Bo comes in as they turn to go, "Well, well, well, look who's here."

Outside the pub, Kate asks Daniel to reconsider. Daniel says he doesn't trust Martino. He also doesn't want Chelsea involved with this guy. Kate cuts to the chase, "You care about Chelsea more than you think you should. Is that why you are leaving Salem, Doc?"

Chelsea and Morgan wolf down the pastries. Chelsea thanks Morgan for all her help and guidance. Morgan says, "I'm glad to do it. I'm your sister and... SAY IT WITH HER... I'll always be there for you." Chelsea remembers Daniel's kiss and zones out. Morgan snaps her out of it. Chelsea thinks maybe her life isn't going to turn out the way she wants. She doesn't want to be negative but can't help it.

Max hides the proposal ands passes it behind the table to Stephanie. Stephanie snaps it up, claims she has to go to work, and leaves. Nick sits and apologizes for dumping his problems on Max. Max says he was glad to help out, "How many times have I dumped my girl problems on you?"

"It's not the girl problems that bother me," says Nick, "It's the dead bodies." Nick asks about the project. Max slides the notebook under his chair with his foot and hems and haws.

Stephanie comes back. "I thought you had to go to work," says Nick.

"I got mixed up," says Stephanie, "I work on alternating Wednesday's, but only if there is a full moon."

Nick figures he will have to start over on the proposal, but he's not going to do that now. He says he promised Chelsea he would put their relationship first and so he's going over to see her.

After Nick leaves, Stephanie tells Max she mailed the grant. She wants to know what's going on.

Daniel tells Kate he doesn't have feelings for Chelsea, "I did at one point, but then realized she's a little too old for me."

Ava says she deserves to be punished. Roman says to book her. They take her off. Roman thinks her disposition has improved. Bo thinks it's time he had a chat with Martino Vitali.

Abe says he doesn't want that. Roman backs up Abe and says they have Martino under surveillance. Bo carefully listens to reason and storms out to talk to Martino.

Chelsea wonders what might happen if she ends up with someone who doesn't know about her infertility problem. Morgan says she can sit down with that guy and discuss her options, "Instead of worrying about what might happen, wait and see what does happen." Chelsea wonders how long she would wait to tell the guy she can't have kids. Morgan says, "Wait until you get to that bridge, and then jump off of it."

Nick arrives. Chelsea invites him in and then sur-prise, sur-prise Daniel shows up. Chelsea gives Nick the brush off and he leaves. Morgan says she has to go, too. Chelsea asks Daniel why he is there.

"To tell you I was asked to stay and consult on another case," says Daniel, "Whether I stay or not depends on you."

Roman comes back with Ava and says the judge set bail at the arraignment. Ava doesn't want it, "There is nothing out there for me."

Abe gets off the phone and drops a bomb, "Dr. Nusbaum was murdered." Ava doesn't respond,

"You don't seem surprised," says Abe.

"Daddy doesn't like loose ends," says Ava.

"It's a good thing he doesn't watch DOOL," says Abe, "Are you saying your fa-"

"I'm not saying anything," says Ava.

Abe drops another bomb. Ava has made bail and is free to go.

Max wonders if he and Stephanie are having their first fight, "I mean, I know we fought when we were racecar drivers, before we were meant to be together." He stops himself, "Could I be any cornier?"

"In Salem," says Stephanie, "Corniness is next to Godliness." They kiss as Nick comes in. Stephanie excuses herself.

Nick tells max Chelsea blew him off again, "I think Daniel is making a move."

The pub door slams open interrupting their conversation. Mighty Bo struts across the room, "Martino Vitali? You and I need to have a little talk."

Daniel tells Chelsea he got paged at the airport, "I was this close to leaving town. I wasn't mad about the page because I didn't want to leave Salem. I didn't want to leave you. That is so wrong. You are my patient."

"Why is that wrong," asks Chelsea.

"Because I'm not a pediatrician," says Daniel. Chelsea moves in and gives him a hot kiss.

Abe says Ava's lawyer paid her bail. She doesn't want to accept. Abe says she has to. "Where do I go," asks Ava.

Bo introduces himself to Martino. Martino apologizes for the little kidnapping incident. Bo plays tough-guy. He nods toward Martino's boys, "Tell these clowns to keep their hands where I can see them."

Martino tells Nick and Max to keep their hands where Bo can see them.

"Have them step outside," says Bo, "Don't force me to review their gun permits." Martino tells his goons to take a walk. Kate steps in and asks if this is necessary. "I'm not talking to you," says Bo. Kate slinks off.

"It's just you and me," says Martino.

Unfortunately, at this spine-tingling moment, we lost the satellite signal. I guess we'll have to tune in tomorrow to see who wins the duel at Dry Gulch.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I guess the Dansea kiss happened?? EWWWWWWWWWWWW.....Between the uncle/neice love affair and now the reverse Mrs. Robinson, what are the writers trying to do exactly???

6:23 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"Why is that wrong?" "Because I'm not a pediatrician."

LMAO! Now THERE was a spit take.

Other great Prevuisms today, "How much is [48 hours] in DOOL time?" and "In Salem corniness is next to Godliness."

My HUH? moment of the day: Max tells Stephanie he's been working all night, and he fixed Nick's grant proposal.

I thought Max already “fixed” the proposal. If not, what was the celebrating about a few weeks ago when Nick made the big announcement that he had gotten his grant?

Except for watching Snarly strut his stuff in front of Martinao, this appears to be another episode Prevuze saved me from wasting time on. Thanks!!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Applecheeks, I think Max "fixed" Nick's grant proposal because Nick spilled coffee on it the other day. I don't think he corrected it this time (though God help me if he did. They take Nick's girl away from him, but now they have to give his brains to Max?)

Loved the pediatrician line for Dr. McStatutory.

6:53 AM  
Blogger RoboJen said...

Hilarious, as always!

Daniel tells Kate he doesn't have feelings for Chelsea. "I did at one point, but then I realized she's too old for me."

"Why is that wrong?"
"Because I'm not a pediatrician."

LMAO!

All I can say about these two is:
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Why don't they just bring Billie back? She and Nick and Daniel and Chelsea can double-date!

Can't wait to see who wins the duel at Dry Gulch.

Thanks for another entertaining synopsis, Prevuze.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the whole Nick and the grant storyline is so improbable anyway. If it was that important Nick wouldn't have let it out of his sight much less walk out of the pub with it lying all over. And even if he "corrected" it, who is Max to go ahead and mail it? Quadruple TLT!

Nice to see some things never change, tho, like Snarly acting like an ass. Two of his bosses say don't do something so he makes a point of doing the opposite. I wish they'd fire him, altho we all know it's against the law to fire a Brady in Salem.

Great Prevuisms (like Stephanie's work schedule) and pictures! :D

8:01 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Staying on this Max the "fixer" theme.
It sounds like he fixes the math that proves the formula.

Correct ME if I'm wrong here but I don't think Max even graduated high school did he? And when Nick first showed up didn't they say he was some kind of genius who like skipped 9 grades and graduated MIT in 15 minutes?

So how is it that he needs Max the garage mechanic to fix his math homework??

And speaking of people not qualified to do a job; Daniel taking care of Ava? Daniel is a surgeon, no one has determined if what is wrong with her is surgical.
Wouldn't Marlena be called in? She's supposed to be a psychiatrist.

And Lexi? I guess she took some extra classes while she was imprisoned under the Dimera mansion and now she can do it all! Surgery, psychiatry, pediatrics, internal medicine, obstetrics. She's a one woman hospital staff.



Side question for everyone. Since I had such an amazing response to my Ejami story, (thank you all BTW) would you guys be into reading another round? I have been working on a scene with Sami visiting Lucas, but I gotta tell you all, it's tough writing those two. It's not that I haven't been a Lumi fan, (I was for a quite a while) but with all that's happened they just don't have the chemistry they used to. But if everyone is interested I'll get it ready and post it.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post away Deb....PLEASE!!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bo protests, "I feel all cooped up. I don't want to stay home."

"Not even if it means keeping me company," she asks. The thought of that sends Bo into a near-panic.


Who can blame him? I think I would rather fall on my sword.

"Why not," asks Kate, "Can't you at least refer someone?"

Daniel says he can't, "This is Salem. There is an overabundance of nut cases and a shortage of psychiatrists. They're all booked."


He could try Marlena but she has a nasty habit of cancelling all her appointments at the last minute. By the way, exactly what is Dr. Feelgood’s specialty…surgery or psychiatry? Just how the bleep did Kate think the doctor dude could help Ava? Enquiring minds need to know.

Max says he was glad to help out, "How many times have I dumped my girl problems on you?"

"It's not the girl problems that bother me," says Nick, "It's the dead bodies."


Very snarky, Prevuze!!

”That is so wrong. You are my patient."

"Why is that wrong," asks Chelsea.

"Because I'm not a pediatrician," says Daniel.


I’m with you on this one, Applechecks!!! Talk about snarky!!!

I had MAJOR internet issues this morning. I could not Google Prevuze. After rebooting this little sucker a half a dozen times, viola…I was able to get into Prevuze. With the valuable run down of this exciting episode, I have all the information I need to just delete this installment from my DVR or I can watch with a barf bag in hand. I have to muster all my self-control to suppress by gag reflex when viewing the Dr. McDudesicle/Chelsea spit swapping scenes. Yuck!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's my impression the writers are trying to establish that Max is some sort of natural braniac, a "numbers person" a la "Good Will Hunting." Further evidence they can't come up with original drama.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Deb you so deserved it. Not only have you a real talent of writing, but you also understand EJami. Keep it coming, sista!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chelsea and the doctor. Leslie, please pass out the barf bags stat!!!

Bo is such a blithering idiot. Is he now totally recovered from his piece of pancreas transplant? After running all over, getting kidnapped, jumping on people and all the rest you would think the stitches would have failed and we'd see Chelsea's donation writhing on the floor.

Kate knows all the bad boys. Discount hooker indeed.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

My problem with the Dr. Suave/Teen Slut pairing isn't necessarily that he's too old for her. There are plenty of soap couplings out there with wide age gaps.

My problem is that she ACTS so damn young for him. And WHAT has she shown him that would attract an older, experienced, worldly (although very lamely written) super-surgeon to her??

She's immature. If she's intelligent she hasn't shown it around him.

Maybe he's just threatened by smart, sophisticated, self-assured women and prefers gangly adolescents!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

applecheeks said:Maybe he's just threatened by smart, sophisticated, self-assured women and prefers gangly adolescents!

Are there any of those in Salem?

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And WHAT has she shown him that would attract an older, experienced, worldly (although very lamely written) super-surgeon to her??"

Certainly not her boobs. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've posted this complaint before about various actors on the show but does anyone else have trouble understanding mumbling Martino? I don't know whether to blame my tv, old age hearing loss or the actor. Or maybe all three! :O

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Side question for everyone. Since I had such an amazing response to my Ejami story, (thank you all BTW) would you guys be into reading another round?

Heck, yes, Deb!! If we can’t have great viewing, we can always all turn to Prevuze and your blog for entertaining reading!!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Applecheeks, that's the same problem I have with Dansea.

WHY would he have the slightest interest in HER. It's not the age differences it's the life experiences. He's had them, she hasn't.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

"It's not the age differences it's the life experiences. He's had them, she hasn't." That's it, he's not really a top notch doctor, he's a teacher and he wants to make the brat wise in the ways of the world. Yuck!!!!

Mike

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs