Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Men Are Pigs – All Of Them

Sami rushes in and finds John half naked, "Sorry, John, I thought you were EJ."

"Because of my rippling pecs and my six pack abs," asks John.

"Not exactly," says Sami, "EJ doesn't like to shower after a workout either. And, by the way, your six-pack has turned into a keg."


John wants to know if he's making her uncomfortable. "A little," says Sami. John puts on a shirt, ending today's gratuitous shirtless scene. She asks if EJ was at the gym when John left. John doesn't know. Sami runs out.

EJ returns, walks up to John and whispers, "Is Sami around?"

"Why are we whispering," asks John.

"Because I don't want her to know I'm home."

EJ walks off and John sits there bewildered, "And people think I have a bizarre marriage."

Well, speaking of John's bizarre marriage, there she is. Marlena walks in.

Morgan brings recycling posters for Max to put up in the pub because, as we all know, DOOL has gone green. So has mold. Morgan tells him things don't look good with her dad. Max hugs her as Stephanie walks through the door and soaks it in.

Kayla asks Angelo where everybody is. He tells her to take it easy. He assures her they are all OK and says someone is taking care of Hope's gunshot wound. Angelo asks Mikey to take her away. Kayla swats him and demands to talk to Ava. Angelo threatens to use force. Kayla says, "You're not gonna hurt me. I'm carrying a baby. The baby that Ava wants. Now let me see her."

"Don't you need an ultrasound to do that," asks Angelo.

Marlena says her vacation was nice, "I got lucky with the Colorado weather."

"How about us," asks John, "Do I get lucky? "

Marlena says she did a lot of soul searching and decided her only option is to accept him as he is. John says that's reason to celebrate and goes for champagne as Marlena says she will not give up on the old John. She caresses his cheek and then pulls away. He wants to know why she is so afraid. Marlena claims she isn't. John presses, "You might like the new me. From what I understand the old me was just a dial tone."

"The new you isn't exactly an iPhone," says Marlena. She walks out for a hot bath. John follows and suggests he join her.

While Marlena expresses shock at his suggestion, he pulls a tiny black thingy out of her baggage, "This has possibilities. You're going to model this for me aren't you?"

Marlena says, "No." He continues to yank it from her as Marlena repeats, "Give it to me."

Sami and EJ walk in on the little scene. EJ says, "Marlena? Welcome home."

Stephanie interrupts the big hug. Morgan walks off as Max insists the hug was innocent. "I didn't even notice," says Stephanie, "I hardly had time to get more than four or five shots of it on my cell phone camera." She tells him she's worried about her mom and dad. Max dishes out more hugs. Tom Hanks' double watches.

Ava comes in to see Kayla. Angelo tells them to play nice and says he will be right outside. They argue about who Patch was and who he is now. Ava pops a pill and Kayla asks what it is.

John plays with the thingy as Marlena and Sami greet each other. He calls Rolf in to handle the bags and tells him to work on his accent. John helps carry things upstairs as Rolf goes to Stefano's painting, "I'm not zo zure I like zis monzter you've created."

Max serves pie and Evil Tom looks on. Evil Tom calls Angelo, who tells him to keep tailing the "Johnson girl."

Stephanie zones as Morgan blathers about her internship. Stephanie finally excuses herself to go get her cell phone. Evil Tom follows.

Kayla wants to see the pills. She reminds Ava she's a doctor. Ava tosses them to her. "Who prescribed them," asks Kayla.

"We're done here," snorts Ava, "You don't give a damn about me."

"I care about you very much," lies Kayla, "I'm carrying the baby you want. I have to make sure you're healthy enough to take care of it. Tell me about the drugs."

Evil Tom follows Stephanie as she comes back into the pub and stares at Max. She asks who Morgan is talking to. Max dunno. Max accuses Stephanie of being jealous. Stephanie admits it. She thinks he must be annoyed with her for acting possessive. "I think it's sexy," says Max, "You know, having two hot chicks fighting over me." Stephanie thinks she should apologize to Morgan.

Stephanie goes over and Morgan introduces Joel from the health club. Joel says he'll see her tomorrow and leaves. Morgan insists there is nothing going on with Max and her, "Do you love him?"

"Yes."

"Have you told him?"

"Those words haven't come out yet."

"Maybe its' time they do," says Morgan.

Rolf surveys John's disc and remembers Stefano draining his memory. It's the realism that makes this show.

Kayla works Ava. She wants to help, but can't if Ava doesn't help her. Ava says she's seen half the doctors in this state and they haven't been able to do a thing. "I've helped similar people," says Kayla.

"You mean crazy people," says Ava.

"I don't think you're crazy," says Kayla, "You're so far past crazy you couldn't get back there with a GPS. You tried to kill yourself didn't you?"

Marlena comes in as Rolf quickly shoves the disc back into the safe. She wonders what he was doing.

Stephanie goes back and asks to talk to Max, "It's about you and me. And me and you – and how I feel about you." She chickens out and says she needs for the two of them to be alone, but Max pulls her back and asks for two minutes.

Morgan comes up and pries. Stephanie tells her she wants to wait until it's just the two of them. Suddenly, the lights go out. Max walks out and announces there is a power failure and the pub has to shut down. Everyone there will get a free meal later. Evil Tom leads the parade of customers outside. Sly Max locks the door and goes back and turns on the lights. "Well," says Morgan, "That's my cue to leave."

Max asks, "So what was that thing you wanted to tell me?"

Caroline comes in, "I don't know what she wants to say but I'm telling you that you have to pay for all the meals they just walked away from and the free ones you gave away."

Ava flashes her wrist bandage and says she tried to kill herself right after Patch left, "Go ahead and say it – too bad it didn't work. I've been on suicide watch ever since." Kayla asks what her doctors have said her diagnosis was.

"Brief psychotic disorder," says Ava. Kayla says that's an illness triggered by a single event. The symptoms shouldn't have lasted more than a month. Kayla thinks something is up. Unfortunately, it's not this episode, which continues to drag on forever.

Stephanie rambles. She's wanted to tell him this for a long time, "I love you, Max." Max smiles.

Marlena presses. Rolf says the painting was a little crooked. "Like it's subject," says Marlena, "He's the kind of ne'er-do-well who would put a person in a coma and leave him there to vegetate without batting an eye." Rolf tells her she has a wicked sense of humor and leaves.

Sami joins Marlena and asks about the thingy she brought back, "You are so busted." Marlena doesn't want to talk about it.

Sami does, "Promise me you'll be careful. On this show, even a woman your age can get pregnant. I hate to tell you this – men are pigs. All of them." She tells Marlena about the incident with Nicole at Chez Rouge. Marlena sympathizes as EJ eavesdrops. Marlena thinks Sami is having feelings for EJ.

Kayla thinks the pills could be more harm than good if Ava has been misdiagnosed. Ava thinks Daddy would not hire a quack. Kayla asks more questions about the meds.

EJ continues to eavesdrop as Sami claims she only feels anger for EJ. Sami is sick of everyone telling her she's jealous. Marlena thinks she cares for EJ. Sami admits she cares for him because he's Johnny's father. Part of Marlena will always hate what EJ did to her, but she knows people can change, "He sacrificed his relationship with his father to help me find John. I will always be grateful to him for that, and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt." Sami can't buy that.

EJ walks in, "Maybe you should listen to your mother."

Ava thinks Kayla will use this information to turn Patch against her. Kayla says Patch wants Ava to get better. She asks about the pills. Kayla thinks the pills are making Ava more agitated. Ava thinks it's Kayla that's agitating her.

Sami nukes because EJ was eavesdropping. He claims he was just walking by and overheard. John walks in and tells them all to keep it down. EJ figures Sami is still upset about Nicole, "You're lucky Nicole didn't press assault charges." EJ fills Marlena in on "Slugger's" antics.

John shuts them up. Johnny cries and John huffs out. Sami leaves to take care of the baby. Unfortunately, she can't find Belle anywhere.

EJ gets a call from Burke the immigration guy as Marlena tells Sami she can't walk away from her problems. Sami goes back in with EJ.

Ava rages for Angelo to come and get her. Angelo and Mikey walk in. Ava orders, "Get her out of here." Mikey hauls Kayla out. Angelo stays and tells Ava Patch is out cold. Ava thinks she and Patch need time, "up close and personal."

Max says Stephanie caught him off guard. This isn't how Stephanie thought it would go. She wants to rewind the conversation. Max wants to know how she thought it would go. She says she thought they would be someplace romantic like a beach on a blanket and she would tell him and he would take her into his arms and give her the most amazing kiss and look into her eyes and say it to her.

Max drags her across the room and gets wine and turns on music, "Um... Stephanie Johnson... I – know it's not how you pictured it, but I love you. I do." They embrace as sappy music plays. Evil Tom watches from outside.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say? There was a whole discussion in the comments the other day about the Kayla weight cartoons, and Prevuze took pains to explain that they were related to Kayla the character and her pregnancy cravings and binging. Yet here we have a cartoon making fun of Deidre's weight for no reason at all. Deidre is one of the thinnest women on the show. Just seems to me we can get so many laughs out of Days without having to resort to making fun of the weight of the actresses on the show.

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the realism that makes this show.

LOL! So glad I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read that!

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it people get upset when talking about weight, but people can describe Chelsea with all kinds of nasty adjectives that say she is as homely as the day is long, and nobody complains. I would say don't complain about looks, etc. but complain about their habits. Squinting, blinking, etc. But come on. It's all in fun and not meant to be ugly to anyone. Everyone knows t.v. makes you look bigger anyway and probably most of those people are thinner than most of us watching them.

Moving on, I halfway dreaded reading today because I knew the Ava storyline would be on there. But the Dimera household storyline made it all worth it. I love the dynamic there!!!!! And by the way, who in the world carries the black thingy on a hanger where anyone could see it and pull it out of the bag? No, you hide it in the bag as far under as you can so it can only be viewed when and where you want it to be viewed. But it made for a good laugh. LOVE JAWN!!!!!!!! And does the pronouncing of "JAWN" remind anyone else of how Susan used to say his name? Oh, I wish they'd bring Eileen Davidson lslather love and affection all over her son EJ. That would be a hoot. She'd drive him nuts!!!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlena says her vacation was nice, "I got lucky with the Colorado weather."

"How about us," asks John, "Do I get lucky? "


Is a little nookie with Marlena considered luck?

"I think it's sexy," says Max, "You know, having two hot chicks fighting over me."

Prevuze, is that in the “Guy Manual”?

Rolf surveys John's disc and remembers Stefano draining his memory. It's the realism that makes this show.

Obviously, this is not the director’s cut of John’s memory or there would be more than one disc.

Kayla thinks something is up. Unfortunately, it's not this episode, which continues to drag on forever.

Thanks for the warning Prevuze. I’ll make sure I have fresh batteries in my zapper.

…so we get to see the black thingy. Here’s hoping we are spared the honor of seeing Marlena in it. Parts of this episode show a lot of promise and then there’s the other stuff. Unlike DOOL, Prevuze is a must read blog from the beginning to the end. Great job as usual!!!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

your six-pack has turned into a keg. and the old me was a dial tone. Two great lines today and one of them appears to actually be a real line of dialog.

Whoever is getting to write the Jawn scenes must be having a blast. I know I have one watching them. The rest of the show? Not so much.

Prevuze? Loved it as always.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

What can I say? There was a whole discussion in the comments the other day about the Kayla weight cartoons, and Prevuze took pains to explain that they were related to Kayla the character and her pregnancy cravings and binging. Yet here we have a cartoon making fun of Deidre's weight for no reason at all. Deidre is one of the thinnest women on the show. Just seems to me we can get so many laughs out of Days without having to resort to making fun of the weight of the actresses on the show.

You forgot to bash me for saying John's six pack had turned into a keg.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After watching the preview clip for today's day-ahead show (thank you, Prevuze), I couldn't help but continue to notice that Marlena's face has been pulled back so tightly, it's grossly affected the shape of her nose (especially her nostrils, which look permanently enlarged and flared.) She needs to lay off the botox and facelifts, stat!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deidre is a very beautiful woman. I hope she does model that lace number for John. He obviously wants her too. Very cute scene. My only complaint is that they didn't have a longer conversation. I can't wait to see more of them (Johna and Marlena) together.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not about to criticise your site, but when I looked through your pictures today and read some part of your write up I just HAD to speak up! It’s one thing to make fun of the show in general, especially the writing. I can laugh at that. BUT it’s a completely different thing to (indirectly) criticise someone’s body. And especially uncalled for when that person is even slimmer than most healthy grown women out there? I am not going to type up a long post where I preach about healthy body images and all that jazz. But, seriously! This is just ridiculous.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Prevuze once again for making me laugh this morning. Karoline and the others, lighten up! Hollywood is the one who created women's issues with body image so why can't we make fun of them from time to time; the "too thin they could double as a sign post" and the "please don't wear that black thingy I might have to gouge my eyes out."
Thanks! :)

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone blasting Prevuze for making a joke about Marlena needs to remember to lighten up.

Who is Marlena to talk about anyone? I loved "He's the kind of ne'er-do-well who would put a person in a coma and leave him there to vegetate without batting an eye." Yeah! And a doctor, no less.

Caroline comes in, "I don't know what she wants to say but I'm telling you that you have to pay for all the meals they just walked away from and the free ones you gave away." I bet she would like to tell him that. HAHAHAHA

Loved the JrBelle/Claire return. Prevuze, excellent as always.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that all the people who have a problem with Prevuze blog, should stop reading. Prevuze has said time and again that no one is safe from scrutiny and snarkiness except for Bart and Max the dog. Making fun of fictional characters on a fictional soap opera is what Prevuze does.
Great blog today prevuze--funny as always.


dazeisdum

8:32 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Prevuze, I realize that this comment and five bucks will get you a double-half-caf-mocha-frappa-cino-latte at Starbucks, but I LOVE YOU (in a platonic kind of way, of course!)!!!!! I understand that your snarky comments are just that -- snarky comments, with no malice aforethought behind them (yikes, I sound like EJ!). And if anyone has any issue with anything you write, just do what Larry the Cable Guy does -- say "Lord, I apologize for that right there, and please be with the starvin' pygmies down there in New Guinea, A-men"!!

8:47 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Or better yet, say "I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!"

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poodle...Or was it bulldog?! I forget. Thanks for the reminder; but I am as lighten up as they come! Frankly, if I were more lighten up I might shine all the way over to your humble home :-D

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami rushes in and finds John half naked, "Sorry, John, I thought you were EJ."

I'm sorry too. I was HOPING it was EJ!

Sami & EJ had such great chemistry when they first met. The bickering & fussing are not cute, but yes, I see that's supposed to lead up to some wild, pent-up passion eventually. But it's diluting that chemistry, I think.

Well, get on with it!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Sarolite said...

Oh noez! They ARE going to redeem Ava, I can see it now! Kayla the super doctor will change her meds, and a year from now when the baby is born Ava will be the godmother and they'll live happily ever after.

For shame, DOOL! =(

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dazeisdum, you are right on the money. If you folks don't like it, don't read it or else don't comment. If I were Prevuze, I wouldn't even justify your whining with a follow-up comment. Good grief. The FANS send worse e-mails/letters to the actors/actresses. Why do you think Alison Sweeney lost all that weight? A hateful fan sent her a letter criticizing her weight. Didn't matter that she was talented. But, hey, she looks great, and I love her on The Biggest Loser. Don't take everything so personally! Great job Prevuze!!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Smile0998 said...

This Ava story line is just driving me crazy! Ugh!

I agree about the chemistry between Sami & EJ.. I wish she'd give in.. even just a little!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re Alison on The Biggest Loser, I just wish that the same person who dressed her for that show was working on DAYS!

Ali looked increbidble in those rich, jewel-tone colored outfits that they had her wearing.

I loved it when seh wore that emerald green outfit when dancing the tango with EJ at the pier and I especially loved the sizzling red dress she wore when she went to confront EJ in his office!

The outfits, on the whole, that they are having Ali wear as her Sami character often verge on the bland. Put some spark in her wardrobe!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes me laugh is that prevuze thinks that someone is bashing him or her when these posters just commented on his or her posts yet he or she can bash the body of a real person. I think it is funny that you bash Deidre (or Drake, Peter, Kristian, etc.) but you should also develop some thicker skin like the actors have to.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I think it is funny that you bash Deidre (or Drake, Peter, Kristian, etc.) but you should also develop some thicker skin like the actors have to.

I see you completely missed the point of that post.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Josephine said...

I hope John gets to see Marlena in her little black outfit! And I hope we get to see a love scene between J&M SOON!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the one who started the blog last week about Kayla's weight.

I decided to shut up because, all you skinny people out there have some A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E!!!

Yee-Gads!

Prevuze can make fun of anyone they want any way they like. I just dont read that part. :)

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I didn't miss the point. I think your posts are funny which is why I read them. But I think your being thin skinned is funny too since you bash others.

still enjoy your posts though. Keep up the good work. Just grow some thick skin.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jokes, people, it's nuttin but a JOKE. I seriously doubt any actors come here and read them and if they do I'll bet a weeks wages this stuff is mild next to some of the other stuff I've read elsewhere.

I also have to agree with whomever posted that it's time for EJ/Sami to do some dancing in the sheets before Higley ruins them.jir

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all that good in the world please do not inflict me with Marlena in a black thingy!

Especially if it's anything like Marlena in a black bathing suit swearing to momma.

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewww! PLEASE, NO Marlena in a little black thing! No one wants to see a 60 something botoxed-to-high-hell grandma getting her skank on! NASTY! Thank you to TPTB for cutting the entire "love scene" out last time. They know it would have been harmful to our health to air it. :>

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs