Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Killer Kougelhof

Kate and Chelsea meet for breakfast. Kate asks her how things are going. Chelsea says things are going fine, as she participates in Salem's new 'live in a mansion program' for underprivileged children and adults. She's a little jealous, however that some of the other kids got to live in the DiMera mansion and she has to settle for the Kiriakis mansion. Kate's a little concerned about her. Daniel steps up to the table and voices his concerns as well, "You looked a little pale yesterday at the Java Café."

BOING! Kate's radar zones in on that, "You two were at the Java Café?"

Daniel ignores the question and asks, "Why do I get the feeling you're trying to hide something?"

Phillip finds Nicole and asks if she is still taking his offer. Nicole is evasive, "You still haven't told me who I would be spying on. It's Chloe, isn't it?"

Phillip says, "It's not Chloe. It is someone I think you might enjoy spending some time with – John Black."

The very same John Black is entertaining Paul Hollingsworth, "Can I offer you something? Rolf just whipped up a killer kougelhof. I don't know what the hell it is, though."

Paul is all business, "I'd like you to keep your word. You promised you'd make things right." Paul rambles about his desperate situation. He has no money, no job, no prospects and the only thing he's been able to land is a bit part in a soap opera that's in a ratings nosedive.

John says, "I'm putting you back on top, Paul, and when I'm finished, you're gonna owe me."

Ava asks the clod squad if they are all sure they want to hear this. The audience screams, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Ava says, "I'm not going to bore you with any of the little details. I'll just start at the end, and bore you with that. It was the day he ruined my life."

"This sounds familiar," says Kayla.

Daniel checks Chelsea out and decides she is a little clammy. Fear not, however, Dr. Jonas the miracle worker has come up with a cure for clamminess. A phone call interrupts his little miracle-working session. He announces he will be right back and leaves to take the call. Kate tells her she's concerned and has decided to take her home. Daniel watches as they leave.

Phillip wants to know everything John is up to. Nicole says she will take the job only if Phillip lives up to his end of the bargain and she gets everything she deserves. Phillip can't resist, "Oh, you'll get everything you deserve all right. And then some."

"Are you trying to be funny?"

"No," says Phillip, "I'm dead serious. But I'm sure Prevuze will find some sarcastic crack for the occasion." Nicole accepts the offer and Phillip says he will give her the details on the way to breakfast.

"Great," says Nicole, "I'm hungry. And thirsty."

Phillip can't believe it, "Even in the morning?"

"Yep," says Nicole, "Now I just have to figure out if I'm in a mimosa mood or a bloody mary mood."

"How about hemlock," asks Phillip.

John tells Paul he's going to hook him up with the extravagant lifestyle he had before, "But for that, I'm going to expect a little something extra."

Ava says she believed she and Patch were deeply in love, at least until their wedding day. We flashback to the chapel. Ava wears a simple white dress. Steve wears a simple black patch. "I was marrying the man of my dreams."

Kayla looks at Patch. Patch turns and looks for the exit. He sweats like a pig on a roaster as he leafs through the guy manual and finds his instructions, "See the advanced manual."

Phillip and Nicole stand outside the pub. Phillip suggests Nicole use her womanly wiles on John. Nicole thinks John hates her and her wiles will be wasted on him. Phillip assures her the new John is a blank slate and that new John and Marlena are probably not happening "So get in and do your thing. If we go in together John will be suspicious."

Nicole primps, unbuttons her blouse and heads in. She grabs a drink as a waitress passes and walks up to John's table, "Why John Black! It's true, you are alive!"

"Do I know you," says John. Nicole introduces herself and tells him not to believe the gossip he's heard. "I make up my own mind," says John, "What's left of it."

Nicole sits down and tells him she finds his situation fascinating. "Well," says John, "You're the fist person to think that."

Outside, Morgan walks up to Phillip, "What in the sam-hill are you doing?"

Kate and Chelsea have arrived back at the Kiriakis mansion. Chelsea says she isn't feeling so well and faints. No need to put up the Bat-Signal, however as Daniel the miracle worker just happens to be knocking at the front door. He rushes in, "What the hell happened?"

"Nothing," says Kate, "I just said something about her looking for a job soon." She wonders what he is doing there.

"I followed you," says Daniel, "When I saw her back at the pub, I didn't think she looked too good."

"That’s what most guys think," says Kate.

Ava says she was never so much in love with Patch as she was at that moment. They looked at each other and mouthed the words, "I love you."

"Am I telling it right," she asks Patch.

Patch wishes she would just shoot them and get it over with, "You're telling it right. That's exactly how it was." The blood drains from Kayla's face.

Phillip thinks Morgan is overdoing the southern Belle accent. Morgan tells him she does that when she is nervous. He wonders why she is nervous. "I don't get coy women," says Phillip.

Morgan tees off on him, "I know John Black is in there and you are gunning for him. I just want to know why you have to drag my father through the mud along with him."

Phillip says, "So much for being coy? I'm not gunning for anyone and I'm not dragging anyone into it."

"I may be coy," says Morgan, "But I'm not stupid."

"I get stupid women," says Phillip, "That's why I had the hots for Belle." He asks her to join him inside for breakfast so he can prove he's not gunning for anyone. She declines since she's meeting her father for breakfast. Paul walks up and suggests Morgan say goodbye to Mr. Kiriakis, since he's such a busy man.

"I was a lot busier before my ships started getting held up," says Phillip. Paul tells him that's because there were irregularities in his investigation of Phillip's ships. "And now you're being investigated," says Phillip, "What a coincidence." Morgan starts to step in but Paul tells her to cool it. Paul and Morgan go inside. Phillip hesitates and then follows.

Nicole says she always had a little crush on the old John, "But you're in much better shape. Have you been working out?" John inspects his bod.

Patch turns to Kayla, "Sweetness, I'm sorry you have to hear this."

Kayla says, "Not as sorry as you will be when I get you home."

Ava decides this would be a better story if Patch tells it. Patch don' wanna. Ava gets nasty, "You tell them what you did to me on our wedding day!"

Chelsea dies. Daniel raises her from the dead. Kate calls 911.

Nicole just can't imagine what poor John is going through, "No friends, no family..."

"That's OK," says John, "With the family I have, I'm better off without them."

"What the heck," says Nicole, "I'm just going to be real forward here and ask you out on a date. Whadya say? Are you game." John undresses her with his eyes.

Morgan can't eat with John in the room. Paul explains John is a friend. Morgan knows John is responsible for putting Paul in this position in the first place.

Kate snorts, "Where the hell is that ambulance?"

"You have to be patient," says Daniel, "We're pretty close to town. Salem ambulances can only get there in a moment's notice if you're out in the middle of nowhere." Kate rages and says she thinks Chelsea should never have had that operation. Daniel reminds her they knew the risks going in, "Lexie operated on her. We knew her odds of survival were less than the Kansas City Chiefs odds of winning the super bowl next season."

"My God," says Kate, "I didn't know her odds were that bad." She tells Daniel if Chelsea doesn't make it she will hold him responsible.

"You don't need to do that," says Daniel, "I already have enough achievements to my credit."

Ava orders Patch, "You tell them everything you did to me."

"I will," says Patch, "In fact I want to." Patch says as he watched her come down the aisle, he got a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach that something was wrong. Note: The guy manual clearly says this is normal and universal.

Patch says he got visions of another wedding as we get quick flashbacks of his wedding to Kayla, "I just knew in my gut I couldn't go through with it."

Morgan is just certain her dad wouldn't have taken those bribes if John didn't force him. Paul tries to reassure her this will all pass and things will go back to normal. Morgan halfway accepts his take on things and leaves to meet Chelsea.

Nicole teases, "Come on, Johnny. I won't bite. Unless you're into that kind of thing."

John's into it, "I think it might be fun."

Phillip interrupts. John wants to know if Phillip has a problem with them being together. "None at all," says Phillip, "In fact, I'd say the two of you deserve each other."

Daniel reminds Kate Chelsea volunteered to have the surgery. Kate backs off. The doorbell rings. Kate goes to usher in the EMT techs as Daniel tells Chelsea to hang in there.

Patch tells the crowd how he freaked at the altar and bolted like a... like a... groom with cold feet. Outside those crazy images started up again. He says he decided he had to get back in there and tell her he couldn't go through with it but two goons came up to him, grabbed him and hauled him off.

Ava asks, "Do you really expect me to believe that?"

"It's the truth." Ava huffs.

Chelsea's temperature is 103.4° and her pulse is rapid and weak. Daniel says he will wait until they get to the hospital to perform additional miracles. Morgan rushes in and asks what's going on.

John and Nicole part company in anticipation of their pending date tonight at John's place. She gives him a cheek smoochie as she leaves. John turns and soaks it in.

Rod Serling introduces the next segment, "There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It leads to the shadowy tip of reality: you're on a route to the land of the different, the bizarre, the unexplainable...Go as far as you like on this road. Its limits are only those of mind itself. Ladies and Gentlemen, you're entering the wondrous dimension of imagination. Next stop....The Twilight Zone." And that's exactly where Ava is right now. She rambles about how a part of her died when she knew he wasn't coming back. She doesn't want to hear anymore, but the clod squad guys are on the edge of their seats, so Ava tells him to go on. She wants to hear how it ends.

"You know how it ends," says Patch, "All I can do is tell you about the time before I met you."

EEEERRRTT... EEEERRRTT... EEEERRRTT... The Guy Manual's built in warning system kicks in, "If she's threatening to kill you, don't go there."

Patch tells her about his abduction, not about Kayla, so the Guy Manual system cancels the warning. Patch tells her when he escaped and found her, she changed him. She gave him something to live for, "I fell in love with you and I wanted to marry you. I did. And it killed me when I didn't get to say goodbye. It's the truth. I swear it."

Ava calms down and weeps. Kayla bawls like a baby. According to the Guy Manual, this is an excellent recovery, "And if your real wife is in the room, and she buys it, too, congratulations, you have pulled off a miracle most guys are incapable of. You have wiggled out of an impossible situation."

Outside the pub, Nicole tells Phillip about her date with John. Phillip tells her not to lose sight of her objective. Nicole doesn't see why business and pleasure can't mix. Phillip says they can as long as John doesn't know what's happening.

On his way out, Paul says he noticed the hot little blonde John was sitting with. He asks John if he's married. "I am," says John, "but I know what I'm doing."

Dr. Jonas promises to take good care of Chelsea as they wheel her out.

Ava takes over. She says she waited and then realized he wasn't coming back. She ran out of the church and collapsed into a puddle of tears. The next thing she knew she was in an ambulance being taken to a hospital where she stayed for a long time. Then Daddy brought her back and locked her in the room for her own good.

Patch whispers, "I'm sorry."

Ava goes back to the Twilight Zone, "That's all you can say? You are a cold sob. I HATE YOU!" Smacksmacksmack. Hmmm... perhaps the Guy Manual overestimated the extent of his recovery.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

10 Comments:

Blogger Applecheeks said...

Paul rambles about his desperate situation. He has no money, no job, no prospects and the only thing he's been able to land is a bit part in a soap opera that's in a ratings nosedive.

On top of everything, they cast someone old enough to be his wife as his daughter. He must have fathered her when he was 12. LOLOL

"You have to be patient," says Daniel, "We're pretty close to town. Salem ambulances can only get there in a moment's notice if you're out in the middle of nowhere."

So true, Prevuze. So true.

"Lexie operated on her. We knew her odds of survival were less than the Kansas City Chiefs odds of winning the super bowl next season." "My God," says Kate, "I didn't know her odds were that bad."

That's just too cruel, Prevuze. The Chiefs are in their rebuilding phase. Just because it's lasted for 20-25 years....

Great stuff today from the Guy Manual. Bulldog, I lost it when I got to your picture of Shawn in the arms of "another".

Finally, please tell me that we aren't heading into a Nicole-is-an-alcoholic s/l. They've been making such a big thing about her drinking since she's been back. What a groaner that would be!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Prevuze has it all:

Fashion:

Ava wears a simple white dress. Steve wears a simple black patch.

(Near)Sex:

John undresses her with his eyes.

Famine:

Morgan can't eat with John in the room.

My Letter to the Editor:

I couldn’t eat with Nicole undressed. (By the way, Prevuze reports she grabbed a drink off of a waitress’ tray as she entered the pub – for breakfast. Just how many folks in Salem are drinking at tables at breakfast time? Those folks are usually at the bar.)

Sports:

We knew her odds of survival were less than the Kansas City Chiefs odds of winning the super bowl next season.

Religion:

Daniel says he will wait until they get to the hospital to perform additional miracles.


I’m canceling subscriptions to all magazines and my local paper. I have Prevuze!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linden Ashby was born in '60 and Kristen Renton in '82. While Paul is old enough to be Morgan's father...26 is a tad old to still be, oh, what? A sophomore in college...and yes, she acts like a traditional college student, not an adult who "went back." Therein lies the mistake. Days can never get it right with the casting, can they?

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One missed Prevuism opportunity: Patch says he got visions of another wedding as we get quick flashbacks of his wedding to Kayla, "I just knew in my gut I couldn't go through with it." In the meantime, along with the audience, Bo's gut wishes they'd get on with it."

Everyone has mentioned what I was going to except "I get stupid women, that's why I had the hots for Belle." HAHAHAHAHA

Wonderful pictures from everyone today (MaryKay, I remember laughing when Marlena took her tumble down the stairs and your picture had the same effect). Prevuze, you were on a real roll today! :D

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's been said before, but how is it that Steve remembers Ava but didn't remember anything else? That was supposed to be before he was Nick Stockton, and supposedly he couldn't remember anything other than being Nick Stockton. Get real. Please play this OUT!!!

Other than that, they were making a big deal about Nicole's drinking before she ever left Salem.

Furthermore, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Shake it up, writers!!! I can't wait 'til Jack gets back. At least you can count on some good laughs with Jack.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Am I telling it right," she asks Patch. Patch wishes she would just shoot them and get it over with."

HAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!

Not only is John married, but so is Nicole (from what she is trying to prove) and her case is pretty much down the drain if she is out dating right??

Thanks for a great report Prevuze!!!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm watching the WWE with the lameness on this show.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole bit with Ava and Patch telling their story before she offs everybody reminds me of Scooby Doo. She would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for that meddling Clod Squad!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I am soooo late today!!!

I agree with anonymous, Ava's little storytime session reminds me of a bad Scooby Doo episode!

Oh Paul is so very broke, but yet Morgan is still in college, he is still wearing nice suits etc.
I wish I was that kind of broke.

Steve needs to upload his guy manual to a PDA or something so he has it handy in these situations.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This goes back a few episodes. When Hope/Kayla was having those nightmares about Ava killing Bo and Kayla, what was Steve thinking about? Here's Hope thinking of her sister in law and her dear husband's lives. There's Steve and all he can think about is beddytime with Ava. Men! Men! Men! He could be thinking of his sweetness rather than just whispering her name a couple of times while he flashes back to the satin sheets with Miss Anorexia 1985. I'm already tired of Ava. I think they should have had John and Marlena go in to rescue Hope and Steve. That way, the two of them could have one more adventure together and Marlena could analyze Cheekbones Vitali. John? He'd just stand in the corner smoking Stefano's cigar and grunting like Donald Trump.
Then Stephanie climbs into Max's window like a cat burglar just to whine and whimper about Mommy, Papa and the baby....the baby....the baby. One more time folks,....the baby. She wants Max to help her find them. Rather than throwing on his clothes and them heading out on a hunt, they stand there looking like a couple of kindergartners who's mommies are late picking them up from school and eventually they help each other alright...they climb into bed. Sure. That's getting right out there and showing Mommy, Papa and THE BABY how much they mean to you. You go, girl. Meanwhile, there's poor, long suffering Caroline helping Ciara with her homework and science projects and no one questions where mommy and daddy are.
Then, why...WHY??? did the consolate let Chloe go? Just when I think she's out of sight, out of mind that cross-eyed she witch shows back up with claws out and poor little Phillip has to play that voice of reason in the mansion.
Question: Does EJ know about the safe behind Stefano's picture in the main parlor room of the mansion?

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs