Thursday, April 19, 2007

What Have You Got To Lose Except Your Virginity?

Shawn and Duck trade wisecracks. Duck swills his beer and insists if Shawn and Belle leave with Gabby they'll get stuck with her. Shawn says Gabby just wants to leave the island and have some fun, and then she will come back. "Yeah," says Duck, "The last time she left the island, she came back six months later with a bun in the oven."

"She's so handy with tools, I didn't realize she could cook, too," says Shawn.

Belle just wants to be clear with Gabby that she and Shawn are a couple. Gabby reminds Belle she said she and Shawn aren't a couple. With a brain the size of Claire's little toe, Belle can't remember things like that. She insists she didn't say it. She said she and Shawn are still working things out. "You still think I have the hots for Shawn," says Gabby, "And you hate like hell that I am going on this trip. You want to clear the air, so let's clear it."

Maggie sits with Kayla and asks what she can get her. Kayla thinks a double martini would work. She's nervous about meeting Stephanie after so much time. Maggie assures Kayla that Stephanie is a sweet girl. She hopes she can be a good influence on Abby.

Kayla's eyes get as big as the pans they delivered Steve's pizzas on. Maggie looks in the same direction. The miniskirt-clad, tattooed woman comes up to the table, "Hi, Mom!"

Kayla gets up and hugs her, "You look..."

"Different," says Stephanie, "I know. They call it racer-chick chic."

Kayla asks if the midriff tattoo is real. "Of course," says Stephanie, "Everyone on the team has one. At least one. Don't worry. I'm not going biker babe on you. I'm going racer chick. Don't worry, Mom, every baby girl has to grow up sooner or later, except Belle. So what is it? What's wrong with Dad?"

Kayla says, "I'm pressed for time. Maybe I should tell you what's right with him."

Kate pounds on the door and yells for Lucas. No answer. Roone walks by and Kate asks if he knows the couple in the room. Roone says he does. Kate demands he open the door.

Sami says she just wanted to know EJ cares for her more than just having her be the mother of his child. EJ thinks something isn't right about this. He gets rough with her and asks if she is wearing a wire, "Did Daddy and Uncle Bo conscript you to spy on me?" He rips her blouse open.

Sami says, "Nothing but me, EJ. If this is your idea of foreplay, I am not interested."

Roone tells Kate it's against hotel policy for him to open the door. Kate threatens to call his supervisor and tell him Roone is complying with hotel policy. Roone doesn't want to be indiscreet, but he got the distinct impression when he was in there before that the couple didn't want to be disturbed. Phillip gets it and tells Kate to back off.

Sami buttons up as EJ tells her he still thinks something is wrong. He wants to know what it is, if she isn't wearing a wire. He rummages through her purse and finds nothing. He threatens to strip-search her. Sami tries to slap him but he blocks it. "I have risked everything to be here and this is the grief I am getting for it," says Sami, "I'm here because I want to be here. Don't make me regret it."

Gabby knows Shawn is off limits. She thinks Belle is just insecure about him. "I'm not insecure," says Belle.

"Yes you are," says Gabby, "Or we wouldn't be having this same conversation for the zillionth time."

"On DOOL," says Belle, "When you have a conversation about something for the zillionth time, you're just getting warmed up. Gabby tells Belle her problem is she can't make a commitment to Shawn but she's scared she will lose him. If she does, it will be her own fault.

Stephanie bawls and wonders why Kayla didn't tell her about this. She would have come home in a minute. Kayla tells her she can't be upset with her father. "I'm not upset with him," says Stephanie, "I’m upset with you. So what changed your mind? Why are you telling me now?"

"Because, like this story line, he's not getting any better. I didn't know what else to do," says Kayla, "There is a special bond between fathers and daughters, especially if they go to the same tattoo parlor. I want you to see if you can get him to go to the police and tell them everything he knows about EJ Wells." Stephanie says she will do it.

Abby interrupts, "Wow! From the back I didn't even recognize you. From the front, too. In your emails you didn't say anything about your complete makeover."

"Yeah," says Stephanie, "There's a lot I didn't tell you in those emails." Kayla orders another double martini.

Phillip hands Roone a wad-o-cash and thanks him. Kate wonders why he tipped him, "He didn't do anything."

"We wasted his time," says Phillip.

"No," says Kate, "He wasted our time."

"No," says Philip, "We're wasting the viewers' time." Kate and Phillip argue about whether she should try to break in. Kate takes the bull by the horns and tries to card the door. It doesn't work, and she breaks a fingernail, so now it's time to alert Homeland Security. She decides to call EJ to find out what's going on.

All Sami wants is respect. EJ thinks Sami has a history of saying one thing and doing another. Sami says once she makes up her mind, she sticks to it. Sami softens. She tells him if she had called the cops he would know it by now. She says she also told Lucas about the baby. If EJ wants, he can call Lucas and ask him right now. EJ's phone rings.

EJ picks up, "Kate, this isn't a good time."

Kate tells him Lucas' life may be at stake, "If you care about me..."

"I do care about you," says EJ, "You want to know about Sami and me. Well, maybe I should tell you the truth.

Gabby and Belle have the conversation for the zillion and oneth time. Belle accuses her of not mailing the letter. Gabby says anyone with half an ounce of sense can see Shawn is in love with Belle. AHA! Now we know why Belle can't see it. Gabby has too much self respect to go for any guy who is in love with someone else, "Even if my dad did tell you I was a tramp."

"This has nothing to do with you being a tramp," says Belle.

"I have been completely up front with you," says Gabby.

"Really," says Belle, "Then what's up with the baby carriage in your closet?" That shuts Gabby up.

Shawn wants to know what happened to the baby. Duck doesn't want to talk about that. Shawn says, "Belle and I will be there for Gabby."

Duck reminds him he said they were going their separate ways once they got to Australia. With a brain the size of Claire's little toe, Shawn can't remember things like that. Duck says what we're all thinking, "You're dumb as a bag of rocks, boy."

Maggie tells Kayla the meal is on the house. She plunks down a plate and tells Abby she brought her favorite. Maggie leaves. Abby is peeved because Maggie treats her like a kid – right down to assuming what she would want for dinner. Stephanie, no offense of course, thinks it's the same with Kayla. Stephanie says Abby needs her own place. They talk about Chelsea. Abby swears she has changed.

Kayla sees Dr. Kraft across the room and leaves. Abby tells Stephanie she's glad she's back and is sorry about her dad. She likes' Stephanie's tattoo.

Stephanie drops the 'guy' bomb on her – she met a guy and is in love.

Dr. Kraft tells Kayla she has been removed from Steve's case. Kayla wants to know why. "I was hoping you could tell me," says Dr. Kraft.

Kate tells EJ she thinks Sami must be with him, "Come on EJ, tell me... is Sami there?"

EJ says, "Is Sami here? That's a good question." Suddenly, Sami attacks EJ with the force of the Green Bay Packer's front line. The phone flies as she mauls him with kisses.

Kate hears the ruckus, "EJ? Are you there?" Kisses, kisses, kisses.

EJ gets woozy and then goes out like a light. Kate calls for Sami as things quiet down. Sami picks up the phone and holds it.

Phillip asks what is going on. Kate tells him she heard a big commotion and then nothing.

Celeste comes in and tells Sami she heard a crash.

"OMG," says Kate, "Sami is there." Phillip wants to know what's going on. Kate says, "Before the phone went dead, I heard someone call out her name. Sami and EJ are there together."

Gabby nukes. She wants to know what Belle was doing going through her closet. Belle tells her she opened it when she was looking for a place to hide in Gabby's room. Gabby says it's none of Belle's business, "Or am I supposed to break down and tell you the story of the death of my child."

Belle is stunned, "I'm sorry."

"Sure you are," says Gabby.

Shawn comes in. He says talking to Duck didn't do much good. Gabby thanks him for trying. Shawn says, "So we're still set to sail, right?" Responding to the blank stares he asks, "Am I missing something here?"

Belle says, "Your happy meal is certainly missing a few pieces."

Abby is sooo excited. Stephanie doesn't want Kayla to know about her new boyfriend, "He wouldn't be what Mom pictured. He has a record... Small stuff... He's edgy..."

"A bad boy, huh," asks Abby.

"You know it," says Stephanie, "I was overdue for a good relationship and so are you. Did you get anywhere with Max?"

"I don't know," says Abby, "I don't want to talk about it." Abby says Max is the reason Maggie is driving her crazy.

Stephanie says, "Now that I am on my own, I feel like a real woman."

Abby reads between the lines, "Because you are on your own... or because you are not a virgin anymore?"

Dr. Kraft knows they are bringing in a doctor from the outside. Given Steve's history Dr. Kraft is very frightened of him.

Stephanie is silent. Abby presses. Stephanie comes clean. She was going to wait until she was married, but she didn't and she's glad about it. She encourages Abby to make a move on Max. Abby tells her Maggie laid down the law. Stephanie thinks Max is being respectful because he really cares for Abby. She thinks Maggie will be a problem, "But I have a plan."

Dr. Kraft thinks her boss was pressured to remove her because she was making progress with Steve, "He's down to ordering only a couple pizzas a week." She tells Kayla Steve has been making waves and has made enemies on staff, "And you know how powerful those orderlies are." Kayla wonders why Dr. Kraft didn't warn her. Dr. Kraft says she's telling her now. She thinks Kayla should intercede before it's too late.

Kate tells Phillip she doesn't know what is going on. EJ was about to tell her something juicy about Sami and the phone went dead. Phillip thinks it's ridiculous. He thinks EJ is pulling Kate's chain. He says every time she tries to convince Lucas to dump Sami they get closer. She should back off before she loses Lucas forever.

Sami tells Celeste about tackling EJ and kissing him. Kate was on the phone. Celeste says they don't have time to worry about Kate. She goes for the gas can she has in her car and tells Sami to get rid of anything that would place her at the scene of the crime.

Sami stops cold, "OMG! A crime. I'm about to become a murderer. I've never done anything like this before, except for the time I committed high treason, but let's not split hairs. I don't know if I can go through with it."

Gabby says Shawn will have to ask Belle if she can come with them. Belle says there won't be a problem as long as they all know where they stand. Gabby insists she knows. She thanks Shawn for going to bat for her, and leaves.

"What now," asks Shawn.

"Gabby and I were just clearing the air," says Belle, "She didn't admit to taking the letter but I know she did. I want to get out of here as soon as we can."

"Just hang in there, OK," says Shawn.

Phillip says Kate needs to give her kids some space, "Respect Lucas enough to make the choice to leave Sami."

Kate knows she has butted in a few times, but she thinks Lucas is grateful, "If he wasn't he'd tell me to get out of his life."

Phillip reminds her Lucas has a regular schedule set up to disown her once a month.

Kate says they have to get in the room, "I'm going to call Roman. He's my personal locksmith."

Celeste tells Sami they have to hurry before the drug wears off. Sami doesn't think there is that big of a rush. She insists EJ wouldn't hurt her. That lipstick must be seeping into her brain.

"He raped you," says Celeste, "If you want your future with Lucas you have to follow through!"

"Why me," asks Sami, "Why am I doing your dirty work."

Celeste says, "You mean beside the fact you were dumb enough to let me talk you into it? I lost a daughter, but it's you whose entire future hangs in the balance." Sami says she has never done anything like this. Celeste says EJ would kill her in a heartbeat. She reminds her EJ put John in his coma. This is her chance to redeem herself for all the bad things she has done. Sami protests. Celeste doesn't let up, "Sami, you have everything to lose and everything to gain by this one act. What's it gonna be?"

"Get the gasoline."

Stephanie's bright idea is for Abby to get a phony boyfriend. "You mean a bigger phony than Max," asks Abby. Stephanie tells her to come up with someone who Maggie will like. Abby isn't sure about this.

"It beats having Auntie call the shots," says Stephanie, "What have you got to lose except your virginity?"

Kayla comes up to the table and says they have to go, "It's an issue with your dad." They leave. Abby stares.

Shawn suggests taking the walk Belle wanted. He'll take the night off. Belle says they need the money. Shawn isn't worried about that. Belle encourages him to go to work. She will feel better once she gets off the island. Belle will feed Claire. Shawn tells her he will be back soon.

Outside, he runs into Gabby. He says he hopes Belle and she can work things out. Gabby says there is nothing to work out. She knows Shawn and Belle are a couple. She thinks she has been overstepping her bounds, "You know friend... general servant... baby sitter. Is that how you feel about me?"

Shawn hesitates and Gabby starts to leave. Shawn stops her, "No, I appreciate everything you have done."

"Thanks," says Gabby, "But since Belle laid down the law, I guess I'll have to figure out the GPS on my own." She walks off.

The cop shop can't find Roman. Kate threatens to sue. She hangs up and tells Phillip to keep working on the door while she goes to find Roman.

Celeste douses the room and EJ with gasoline. "One match should do it," she says, "Good luck." Celeste leaves.

Sami contemplates the box of matches, "I could go to hell for this." She turns to EJ, "I guess I'll end up there with you, huh? I didn't want to do this. No matter what you think. But you forced me. I don't have a choice." Sami strikes the match. FF.

Prevuze

Previews
========

Steve moans, "No!" Stephanie leans down over him and says, "Papa? Papa?"

Shawn asks, "What do you want me to say?" Belle says, "Nothing. If you want little miss Tinda Lao, you can have her."

Sami holds the match over EJ and says, "I hope you burn in hell."

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anybody else noticed Bandy Mathas has 3 a's and Samantha Brady has 4.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Bulldog said...

With a brain the size of Claire's little toe, doesn't Sami realize standing in a room full of gas and gas fumes and then lighting a match is more than a little dumb? She could end up Sami extra crispy. No wonder Celeste wants HER to do it.

LOL over Applecheeks lipstick picture and Jenni is right - come to think of it that jacket is all Max ever wears. HAHAHHAA

Excellent Prevuze today, and at it's normal time, too! :D

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need more pictures, less quacky commentary...Makes the long dreary storyline even longer.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Need more pictures, less quacky commentary...Makes the long dreary storyline even longer.

Sure thing. Feel free to submit your pictures to the email address above. Reading really is a drag, isn't it?

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayla is nervous about seeing Steph after "all this time". What? Two whole months? I got the impression it had been a lot longer than that when Payla and Steph were reunited the first time.

LOL at all the pictures and the "zillioneth time" cracks.

I must say, Duck has been speaking with the voice of DOOL fans from just about the very beginning of this misbegotten story. Go Duck!

And hooray for Prevuze, even if I was late reading it today. For myself, I love to READ!

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't find a picture of Chelsea grinning anywhere...if I could, I'd show you that Chelsea grinning and "American Idol" reject Sanjaya grinning look oddly similar...

10:39 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I must say, Duck has been speaking with the voice of DOOL fans from just about the very beginning of this misbegotten story. Go Duck!

Applecheeks! An epiphany! Duck is Everyman! Now I see! Now I understand! The skies have opened and the light is shining through! All has now been revealed! My sinuses have cleared! The writers are brilliant! It's all a post-apocalyptic morality play! Duck, in fact, does not exist. He is a manifestation of our collective id superimposed on our subconscious. We each have an exoteric supposition of Duck, who is nothing more than a subjective thought stream materialized only by each and every individual's understanding of his nature vis-à-vis the characters in the play. When he is with Shawn, he does not represent the collaborative foil Shawn himself may think he needs, but he represents our internal determination of that which Shawn needs. Then, when he is with Belle, he is a different person, a different representation, a chameleon of capitulation, as it were. Duck, in effect, is who we need him to be. There are many Ducks. In the DiMera clan, Bart is Duck. On Cheers, Coach is Duck, on M*A*S*H, BJ. He is that which we need to express our opinions in the context of the show. I realize I've been rambling here, so let me sum it up... Duck is a sarcastic, cynical drunk and the show is drivel.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I can't find a picture of Chelsea grinning anywhere...if I could, I'd show you that Chelsea grinning and "American Idol" reject Sanjaya grinning look oddly similar...

Poor Sanjaya!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salem's lack of cops .... is no longer a prob. Now we have Deputy Kate! lol

Kate isn't my favorite character but I like the battle between her and Sami. The thing I want to point out is that have u seen how Kate and even Abby are smarter than the Salem P.D? She figured out how Lucas was really rescued and now E.J's reason for wanting Shawn.

I think she should make a career change from meddling mom to Salem's top COP! What do you think?lol

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE your "quacky commentary"!! That is the main reason for reading Prevuze. The DOOL storylines certainly aren't anymore!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chelsea/Sanjaya comment is hilarious! If DOOL writers are reading this, they too will make the connection and he'll show up soon as her long lost brother.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Kate and Phillip pic is perfect! But, you know, they say you sleep with everyone that your partner has slept with. Well in that case, Kate slept with EJ, EJ raped Sami, Sami & Lucas did it, so therefore....

I'm also waiting for that wad o-cash from the writers for wasting my time!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

The Kate and Phillip pic is perfect! But, you know, they say you sleep with everyone that your partner has slept with. Well in that case, Kate slept with EJ, EJ raped Sami, Sami & Lucas did it, so therefore....

...Kate slept with Sami? Oh, maybe that's not where you were going with that.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze's epiphany/monologue/whatever-you-want-to-call-it is too deep for me... I read this for my light reading;-) but thanks for trying to explain Duck to me.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze, your soliloquy was maaaaaa-velous. I'm SO happy my comments triggered your epiphany.

However, it does indicate that you have way too much time on your hands at the moment!! Go find that "separated at birth" picture of Chelsea/Sanjaya.

HAHAHAHAHA

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze - you sound just like Master talking to young Kwi Chang Caine!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Prevuze - you sound just like Master talking to young Kwi Chang Caine!

Thank you, Grasshopper.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...so they are changing Stephanie's personality with the recast, huh?

That might be good. One can only hope. I hope she's not too big a brat, though.

What were your impressions of the new Stephanie? Can she act?

4:23 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

What were your impressions of the new Stephanie? Can she act?

First, I probably should have mentioned her tattoo was a flower - probably a rose. At least it wasn't a mini version of Steve's dagger.

As far as her acting goes, I thought she was a little stiff. Could have been first-day jitters, though.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Either Sami has Alzeimers or the DOOL writers are the laziest on daytime TV.
Every day, at least once a day, Celeste has to make her "EJ killed my daughter and he raped you and if you don't kill him he will take away your baby and destroy your entire family" speech.
And the worst part is, it is almost word for word the SAME THING!!!
I am starting to recite it by heart.

As to the Max/Abby connection, something tells me the reason Maggie and Jack are fighting so hard to keep them apart is maybe that they are a little more closely related than her uncle is married to his sister.....like maybe THEY are brother and sister.
Think about it a minute. No one really knows where Max and Frankie came from. They were homeless kids when Shawn and Caroline adopted them. And Jack did have a life before he met and married Jen....

As for brains the size of a little toe. Where the hell did Nick leave his when it comes to Willow?
Has he made it his mission in life to reform and rescue all the bad girls in Salem?

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe the new Stephanie is stiff over the lines...geeeesh...(a dagger tat might have been cooler, but that might totally freak Steve out since Britta had one). You're right bulldog, they've turned Sami into a complete moron. Prevuze is much better than the show itself!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs