Friday, May 05, 2006

The Bust Was A Bust

Shawn and Mimi watch babies in the hospital nursery.

Mimi says, "Just think, a couple days ago I saw adoption as our only choice, and I never would have dreamed I could get pregnant with our own baby."

"What did I tell you," says Shawn, "As soon as we got married, I'd make all your dreams come true. I'd be OK with adoption but I know how much this means to you. The idea of looking at you pregnant... Lexie will tell us what we have to do to make it happen."

Lexie says Tom Horton gave her this copy of the Hippocratic oath because he was proud of her, "But I let him down. I let you down too, Carrie. I am so sorry. You really do belong with Austin."

Lucas asks what Austin meant when he said Carrie would dump him. Sami butts in. "Shut up and get out of here," says Lucas, "This is a private conversation."

"No," says Sami, "This is my apartment. I'm not going anywhere."

Bo. Billie. The morning after. Billie stirs. Bo remembers. Kiss. Bo asks, "Hope?" Ouch.

Hope. Patrick. The morning after. Patrick stirs. Hope remembers. Patrick strokes her hair. Hope asks, "Bo?" Ouch.

Mimi asks, "Do you think this can really work?"

"I think we have a good chance," says Shawn.

"So," says Mimi, "I take hormones and get all moody and you have to live with me?"

Shawn asks, "What does taking hormones have to do with you being moody? "

"HEY, BUSTER, ARE YOU CALLING ME MOODY," she screams.

They agree it will all be worth it, if it works. Mimi points out IVF is expensive. Shawn agrees, "But so is adoption. But we can adopt, too if you want. We're young. We have plenty of time. I think our odds are good. Just imagine. In nine months or so we could be standing here looking at our own baby."

Mimi thinks, "And maybe that will make up for not telling him about Claire."

"Wake up," says Billie, "It's me, Hope. That's what you called me. You were dreaming about her."

"I'm sorry," says Bo, "I didn't call you 'Hope' last night when we were making love."

Billie says, "A woman knows when a man wants her, and when he doesn't. Last night, you wanted me, but you made love to me so you could forget about Hope."

Hope says, "Morning, Brady."

"Morning," says Patrick.

"OMG," says Hope, "Patrick. I am so sorry."

"That's OK," he says, "You've had a lot of mornings with Bo."

"A part of me is still with him," says Hope, "He has moved on. I have to do the same thing. Last night was very special. I'm afraid it was a mistake."

Carrie tells Lexie the bad news isn't her fault. Lexie starts to tell her the truth. Of course, a knock at the door interrupts her. It's Abe. Carrie tells Lexie to call her later. Lexie lets Abe in. He comes in carrying flowers. He says he is so glad Lexie's lump was benign. He doesn't know what he and Theo would have done if they would have lost her. Carrie leaves them alone.

Abe says, "I know it's hard because I haven't been a real husband."

"You are a real husband," says Lexie, "I don't want to lose you.

"I know I've been hard to live with," says Abe, "Before this scare I thought you had had it with me."

Lexie says, "No, I don't ever want to lose you." Hugs.

Carrie paces and watches. There is no privacy in Salem. She remembers kissing Austin.

Lucas says he isn't having this discussion in front of Sami. Austin turns to her and says, "Please leave... for me." Sami struts into the hall and closes the door. She turns and puts her ear to the door and listens.

Lucas suspects something. He sneaks over to the door and listens. Then he slings the door open. Sami falls into the room. Busted. "You are so pathetic," screams Lucas. Sami claims she was just standing there looking for her keys. Lucas says, "They are right there in that pocket of your purse where you always keep them." Sami stomps off.

Lucas shuts the door and turns to Austin, "A little tip... if you're with Sami and you ask her to leave, you probably will have to do that. You know, I'm not the one doing anything wrong here. I know exactly what's going on with you and Carrie, and you're not gonna get away with it."

It's crying-baby-paloosa in the nursery. Mimi asks Shawn if it would be OK with him if they had a girl. "Sure," says Shawn, "As long as she played soccer, baseball and stuff like that. Her Uncle Max is a racecar driver, so she could train for Indy."

Mimi asks, "A racecar driver?"

"Just kidding," he chuckles.

Mimi carries it a bit too far, "But if we have a son and he wants to be a fashion designer, that would be OK too, wouldn't it?"

Choke.

Mimi backs off, "Our children will be who they will be." They sera, sera.

Shawn says, "Speaking of that, Phillip and I learned your chances of having twins are much higher through IVF." Mimi flashes forward to having twins. They have decided against the unisex name thing. 'Taylor' and 'Avery' are out as choices. They both come up with 'Aaron.' Shawn meant for the boy. Mimi meant 'Erin' for the girl. Mimi claims she gets to do the choosing because she did all the work. They check diapers to see who is holding whom.

Billie says Bo would never have slept with her if he hadn't thought he had lost Hope, "I have a confession to make. I never would have slept with you if I thought you had a chance with her, except for that unfortunate incident in the pit."

"I can't believe we are getting a divorce," says Bo, "I don't know if I'll ever be free to move on, and I don't want to lead you on."

"I'm a big girl," says Billie, "I'll be OK. I want to help you in any way I can."

Bo says, "Last night was a good start." They decide they'd better get back to town.

Patrick apologizes for pushing Hope. Hope says she wanted last night, but this morning she realizes she wasn't ready, "I just don't see myself as a single woman yet."

Patrick says, "You mean you feel like you are cheating on Bo." Hope buries her face in her hands.


There once was a woman from Salem
Who decided their marriage had failed 'em
She went off for a while
Saw Patrick smile
That's when she decided to nail him

Lexie wants to know what Abe was doing on a drug raid last night. He says he was just along for the ride, "There were a couple of people who escaped through a window. I'm pretty sure they were hiding something."

"I'm sorry the bust was a bust," says Lexie.

Abe tells her about finding the bracelet. She asks if he's going out on patrol tonight. He says no, tonight he's ready for a nice quiet dinner with her. Nothing means more to him than his marriage and family. He apologizes for thinking she was pulling away from him. He's going to fix things. They wrap things up and Carrie comes back. She talks about volunteering in the nursery. Lexie wants to know if it will be a problem working there if she can't conceive. Of course not.

Shawn and Mimi come up. Lexie says she will call Carrie. They go into Lexie's office. Out in the hall, Sami bumps into Carrie. She says she lost an earring and has come to the hospital to look for it. She thought she might have left it there. They go off to look for it.

Lucas insists Carrie isn't going to leave him. Austin says engagements can be broken, "What Carrie does is completely up to her."

Lucas snorts, "Carrie doesn't want anything to do with you."

"Carrie and I belong together and she knows it too," shouts Austin.

Billie and Bo arrive at the pub as Caroline watches. She goes over to their table. She says she left a lot of messages and wants to know why Bo didn't call her back. Bo stammers. They order. Caroline asks if he has heard from Hope.

"I don't think she's coming back, Ma," says Bo, "I tried to contact her but our only communication is through her lawyers."

"Don't let anyone talk you into not doing everything you can," says Caroline.

Billie chimes in, "I told him the same thing."

Caroline goes for the jugular, "It wouldn't break your heart if they spilt up, would it?"

Hope feels like a married woman cheating on her husband.

"I can't understand that," says Patrick, "Let's see... you're still married and last night you cheated on your husband."

Hope asks, "Why am I tied to my conscience and he isn't."

"But it still feels strange being here with me," says Patrick.

"I wish things were different," says Hope, "But I don't want anything to do with Bo. It is over." A knock at the door interrupts the conversation. Patrick ordered breakfast. He uncovers the cart. The bottom is full of presents, "It's all for you," he says.

Lexie counsels Mimi and Shawn. She tells them how this will work, "With IVF, there is a 37% chance of conceiving. It's about the same odds as doing it the natural way." The little trooper Shawn is ready to get started.

Carrie and Sami watch the babies. Sami says the nurse couldn't find her earring. "Wow," says Sami, "So adorable. I remember when Will was that little. He has been through so much. I didn't do things the right way. When I found out I was pregnant I ran away from home. Pregnancy isn't easy, but it's worth it. I hope I get to do it again. I guess I have a lot of bad habits to overcome."

"I have bad habits, too," says Carrie, "I bite my nails."

"That's not a problem," says Sami, "I thought it was nice of you to donate that money to an organization for children with birth defects. I remember that family we saw who lost their baby. It's so sad. I can't imagine going up against genetics. But you don't have that problem. You will have great kids."

They go their separate ways. Carrie stares at the babies as Sami watches in the background.

Lucas says Carrie isn't questioning the fact they will get married. He accuses Austin of putting the squeeze on her when they were handcuffed, "But it's over. Your efforts are futile."

Austin shrugs, "OK."

Lucas says, "You know, Austin, it's hard for me to stay angry at you. I feel sorry for you. Carrie and I are engaged and you will be the best man at our wedding. It can't be easy."

"I'm not giving up on her," he vows, "And I don't think she's giving up on me."

"That's all in your mind," says Lucas, "I can understand how you feel. If I was gonna lose her I'd do anything to make sure it wouldn't happen."

"I appreciate that," says Austin, "But if that's the way you feel, why did you give up on Sami?" Lucas stares.

Bo gets upset with Caroline, "Billie has been nothing but supportive." Caroline huffs off. Billie says she doesn't blame Caroline for hating her. Bo insists Caroline doesn't hate her. Coulda fooled me.

"You have been so good to me," says Billie, "You taught me to hold out for true happiness."

"I'm glad you did that and got rid of Lockhart," says Bo, "I'm going to bring him to justice."

"He just matches that description," says Billie.

"No," says Bo, "He matches it exactly."

Caroline is on the phone asking Frankie for Hope's phone number.

Hope can't believe Patrick did all of this for her. "It's all compliments of the hotel," says Patrick, "They owed it to me. I have done them some favors in the past."

Hope is curious but stops herself, "I 'm not a cop here. I have to tell you something. I can't make love to you again until this whole divorce thing is real to me."

Patrick says, "If I can't make love to you, I hope there is something I can still do."

"What's that," asks Hope. Mr. Smoothie smells the perfume... Kisses her neck... Lips...

Lexie thinks getting started with the IVF today would be rushing things. She asks, "When was the last time you made love?"

Blush, giggle, "About three hours ago."

"I thought so," says Lexie, "You're newlyweds. We don't want you to have sexual intercourse for a few days." Shawn reconsiders the whole thing. Lexie sends them down for tests.

Lucas asks, "Me and Sami? That will never happen again. I've been hurt too many times by her, and Carrie has been hurt too many times by you."

Carrie knocks at the door. Austin goes over and opens it. "Austin...," she coos, and then sees Lucas standing there. "Lucas, I thought I heard your voice in here," she lies. She walks over and smooches him.

Lucas barks, "You have to tell Austin it's over between the two of you... That there is no chance for you to be with him."

Carrie thinks, "Come on, Lexie, call and tell me the tests were wrong."

Sami busts into Lexie's office and reminds her she will lose her family and career if she blabs.

"You just helped me make a decision," says Lexie, "I am not letting you get away with this any more. I am calling Carrie and telling her the truth."

Prevuze

Previews
========

Austin says, "You can't deny our love, can you?" Lucas says, "Come on, Carrie let's get out of here." Austin says, "Not until she answers me."

Alex says, "You weren't supposed to see that." Marlena says, "But I did."

Lexie yells at Sami, "You're worse than you ever were, you know that?" Tek walks into the office, "And we're through putting up with it."

Shawn tells Mimi, "My mom, my dad, Zack, that family is dead." Bo walks in and asks, "Do you really believe that?"

Patrick and Hope hug.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi thinks, "And maybe that will make up for not telling him about Claire." this is a new low for the lying little witch.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I can't understand that," says Patrick, "Let's see... you're still married and last night you cheated on your husband."
I would laugh but that is what is getting so sad about Days, not only the infidelity but the bad writing - Hope's stupid line is just one example. Now if Patrick had said what you wrote then that would be good writing!
Another great Prevuze!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn tells Mimi, "My mom, my dad, Zack, that family is dead." Bo walks in and asks, "Do you really believe that?"

Let's see Bo...every chance you have had, you ahve chosen Billie and Chelsea over Hope (remember your wife? that silly little "forsaking all others" vow?) and Shawn. Even at Shawn's wedding, you walked out on your son's wedding to be with Chelsea instead of just letting Billie walk her out and then being there for your son. I think Bo should KNOW that family s dead...he killed it.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a zapping opportunity Monday appears to be. Let's see, five days into May sweeps and so far it's DOOL writers = 0 and DOOL fans = -5 and sinking fast!

Great pictures, comments and hidden picture. HAHAHAHA

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs