Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Cornucopia Of Wedding Dresses

An attendant comes out of Belle’s room at the hospital. Mimi and Shawn rush up to the door. Mimi tries to convince Shawn they shouldn’t be there. Shawn says, “I just want to make sure she’s all right.”

Mimi says, “Why can’t you just leave that family alone?”

Phillip and Belle talk about the baby with Lucas and Victor in the room. Between the near-wedding and getting to the hospital Lucas stopped off and got a haircut. Bowl Head Part Deux. Victor gives his grandfatherly advice. He promises to keep his mouth shut and enjoy the kid.

Lucas says, “Thank God you guys gave us something to celebrate today.”

“To be honest,” says Phillip, “I’m really angry with Mom. She shouldn’t have shown up like that.”

“She was just trying to humiliate Sami,” says Lucas, “Sami is out of my life for good and so is Mom.”

Nicole sees Kate and congratulates her.

Kate says, “I’m happy about my new granddaughter.”

“Oh,” says Nicole, “I was talking about Sami. I have this feeling what you have done is going to come back and bite you in the ass.”

Sami and Austin are in the hallway of her apartment. An old woman says, “Oh, here comes the bride.” She looks at Austin, “I know you. You’re...”

“Austin Reed.”

“Congratulations Pammy,” says the Alzheimer’s poster girl, “The two of you finally wound up getting married after all.”

Mimi tells Shawn, “You just made yourself a promise to let Belle go. Now you’ve already broken it.”

“I’m not gonna interfere,” says Shawn, “That doesn’t mean I’m going to stop caring about her.”

Lucas doesn’t want to talk about Sami. He just wants to concentrate on baby K.

“There is no bond like the bond between a father and daughter,” says Victor.

Shawn and Mimi come in (Translation: Shawn interferes). Phillip tells them about the tough birth. They almost lost the baby and Belle but, thanks to Marlena, things worked out perfectly. Belle invites them over to say hi to the baby. They take a look, then Mimi suggests they go.

“Before we go,” interferes Shawn, “there is something I’d like to say.”

Nicole tells Kate, “Lucas and Roman will never speak to you again. Getting Sami and revealing she was Stan was brilliant. Sami and Lucas are finally history.”

“You are too,” says Kate, “We were a team for a few seconds, but there is no reason for our relationship to go any further.”

Nicole yells, “You ungrateful bitch!”

“I rest my case,” says Kate.

Austin tells the woman they are not married.

“Oh,” she says to Sami, “I remember. You were going to marry Lucas. Will is your illegitimate son. You’re a disaster when it comes to weddings.” She reels off a litany of Sami’s wedding disasters, “Then there was Brandon. How come I wasn’t invited to this one? It must have been quite a show.”

Them’s fightin’ words. Sami lunges for the hag, but Austin scoops her up and stops her.

The great communicator says, “I just want to say I wish you and your baby a happy health life. You will be great parents.”

Belle and Phillip thank him. Shawn and Mimi decide they should go.

“That was generous of Shawn,” says Victor.

“And Mimi,” says Belle.

Phillip hands out bubble gum and chocolate cigars. They haven’t decided on a name yet. They were going to name it Luke if it was a boy.

Lucas suggests Lucy, then tells them they don't have to name the baby after him. We go through names. Belle can’t believe the baby is theirs. More names. Lucas suggests Kiki. Kiki Kiriakis. Short for Katherine. Phillip thinks that’s a bad idea.

Belle says she didn’t like her name at first,
It rhymed with everything. The kids all made fun of me. Can you imagine geeky Kiki?”

Shawn watches the happy scene from outside, “If I had done things differently, that would be me in there with Belle.”

Mimi says, “If I had done things differently, that would be me with Rex.”

Nicole tells Kate she should be grateful to her, “You said there would be money for me in this.”

“I gave you money,” says Kate, “You sat on the info too long. You weren’t the reason I was able to stop the wedding. And I will never forgive you for the way you treated my son.

“You gave me five million dollars to do it,” says Nicole, “By the way, I haven’t had a chance to see Austin since he got back into town.”

“You had better say away from him,” says Kate.

Kate walks away and Nicole says, “Austin couldn’t have come back to Salem at a better time.”

Sami and the hag continue their fight. Austin drags Sami, kicking and screaming, into her apartment. He sets her down and Sami bolts for the door. Austin stops her.
Honestly,” says Austin, “what she said about you is the truth.”

Phillip says they are down to three names. Kiki didn’t make the final cut. Belle wonders if Marlena will have an opinion.

“I’m glad something good came out of this day,” says Lucas, “I’ll never be able to forget what my mom and Sami did to me.”

Victor excuses himself and goes out to talk to Kate. He suggests Kate not go in there right now.

Mimi and Shawn are home. Seeing Belle with her baby made Mimi want to put things behind her and be there as Belle’s friend. She can’t do that, though, because of what Belle did to Rex and her.

Shawn asks, “If you had Rex back, could you forgive her?”

“He’s never coming back,” says Mimi.

“I think he could,” says Shawn.

There is a knock at the door. Package for Mimi. She wonders what it is, “I didn’t order anything – I’m broke.” Heck, she’s down to wearing bowling shirts.

She looks at the return address. “OMG,” she says, “it’s from Rex.”

Sami says, “If you are going to criticize me, you can get out.”

“OK.” Austin starts to leave.

“Wait, Austin, no,” she cries, “I didn’t mean it.”

“That’s a part of your problem,” says Austin, “You never think before you say something.”

“The old biddy just got to me,” says Sami.

“No,” says Austin, “What you did got to you.”

Austin tells Sami she should get out of her wedding dress. He opens the closet to get a storage bag and finds a cornucopia of wedding dresses.

Lucas tells Phillip he has it all, “Not to be a downer but I lost the most important women in my life, Sami and Mom. It’s really over with Sami now.”

Victor tells Kate Lucas is in the room, “We do share a son and granddaughter. I feel I can speak to you openly and freely.”

Kate says, “I respect you but that doesn’t mean I will agree with you.”

“The way you exposed Sami was a mistake,” says Victor, “I despise Sami too, but do you realize what this will cost you? Lucas was really furious with you.”

“He will come around eventually.”

“That’s not goanna happen,” says Victor, “And as far as Sami goes, I’d watch my back if I were you.”

Austin goes through the pile-o-dresses.

“There’s more says Sami.” She yanks them out of the closet, “This is Franco and this is Brandon and this is the one from the first time I was gonna marry Lucas.” She asks him where he is staying while he is in town.

“Lucas’s,” he says, “while you were on your...”

“Honeymoon,” says Sami, “Anyway, I’m glad you’re here.”

Austin goes to shower while Sami changes. Sami goes through the pile-o-dresses and cries.

Rex has sent all the little things Mimi gave him. Memories. She can’t believe he kept all this stuff.

Shawn says he has a whole trunk of stuff from things he did with Belle. Lots of crayons in that trunk, I’ll bet

Mimi finds the pocket knife she gave to Rex. “He doesn’t want to have anything to do with me again,” she says, “If I had any hope before it’s gone now. Now I know he’s never coming back.”

Kate tells Victor, “Sami’s little escapade will cost her dearly.”

“Escapade,” asks Victor, “She walked around Salem as Stan. You’re lucky she didn’t kill you.”

Kate says, “Eventually Lucas will realize I did this to save his life.”

“Whether you did it for his own good or not,” says Victor, “Lucas will always blame you.”

Phillip parades out into the hallway in his undershirt. Kate congratulates him and tells him he will be a wonderful dad. She wants to see the baby. Lucas comes out, “If you’re here to see your granddaughter, I’ll be leaving. You destroyed my life. I never want to see or speak to you again. In my eyes you’re far worse than Sami ever could be.” Kate is in total shock. It’s not what Lucas said. It’s the haircut.

Sami puts the dresses back in the closet. Doorbell. “Lucas,” she whispers. She opens the door to see Nicole.

“Well there’s the runaway bride,” says Nicole, “Or runaway-from bride, I should say. All of your prospective husbands run away.”

“Just get out,” snorts Sami.

“I just want to say something,” says Nicole, “You’re really screwed up, Sami. Just like I predicted, you lost Lucas. It serves you right for not helping me get Brady away from Chloe.”

Sami tells her to get out, then hesitates, “Just a second... you told Kate about my disguise. You helped to ruin my life. You did, didn’t you?”

Lucas starts to walk out. Kate just wants him to share Phillip and Belle’s happiness.

“I have nothing to say to you – ever,” says Lucas. He leaves.

Phillip says he knows why Kate did it, “I feel bad for you and Lucas but I love you both.”

Phillip goes back into the room and Victor asks Kate if it was worth it. Kate stares.

Nicole says she didn’t tell Kate, “There is no conspiracy except for the fact everyone in Salem hates you. How would I get the makeup and disguise and give it to Kate? She had to have gotten it form Tony. If Kate didn’t get you, someone else would have. You were Stan. Stop blaming everyone else.” Austin walks out in a towel.

Nicole’s eyes pop out, “What are you doing here?”

“I’m here to help Sami.”

“The first thing you can do,” says Sami, “is get this drunken bitch out of my apartment.” Sami goes into the bedroom to change.

Nicole repeats, “What are you doing here?”

“She needs a friend,” says Austin.

“I guess we all do,” says Nicole, “How about a hug?”

Austin smells the fumes, “You’ve been drinking.”

“You have no idea what’s going on with me.”

“Alcohol is no answer,” says Austin.

“Still preaching, huh,” asks Nicole.

Sami yells from the back room, “Get her out of here!”

Shawn tells Mimi he’s really sorry.

“I kept telling myself he wasn’t coming back, but he’s definitely gone now. Thanks for being here,” says Mimi.

“Where else would I be,” asks Shawn.

Mimi chuckles, “We’re quite a pair, aren’t we?”

Shawn says, “I refuse to sit here feeling sorry for ourselves. What do you say I take you out to dinner?”

“You don't have to,” says Mimi. She pauses to reconsider, “Yes I’ll go.”

Belle, Phillip, Baby K. Phillip knew his life would be changed when he lost his leg, but not like this, “She may never know me like I used to be.”

“You are the same person you were,” says Belle.

“No,” says Phillip, “I’m better now. I’m going to tell you right now – both of you – I’m going to treasure and protect you for all the Days Of Our Lives. Our focus is on her now. Every decision we make will affect her for the rest of her life. I can’t wait.”

“Yes,” says Kate, “It was worth it. Saving Lucas from Sami’s evil clutches was worth what it cost me. Eventually Lucas will realize I did it out of love and forgive me. He has to.” She walks off. Victor stares in disbelief and disgust.

Lucas is on the phone, “Your mom is who she is, Will. She will never change. She is still your mother. If you still want to see her I will never stop you from doing that. You have to know, there is a good chance she will end up in jail. Grandma Kate won’t go to jail, but she has lost me and Roman forever. I’ll come over and we’ll go to dinner, OK? Just you and me.

Sami yells from the bedroom, “If Nicole isn’t gone I will tear her bloodshot eyes out.”

Nicole says she will go but makes Austin promise to get together. He says yes and asks where she is living these days. Nicole says it will be better if she calls him. He gives her his number and suggests going to Chez Rouge.

“They have the best bloody Mary’s there,” says Nicole.

“Every place does as far as you’re concerned,” says Austin.

“Hey! Stan-the-Man,” shouts Nicole, “I’m outta here. Enjoy your misery.”

Sami comes out of the back room.
Damn her,” she says, “She came over to kick me while I was down.”

“Get ready and we will go out,” says Austin, “We’ll go to Maggie’s new restaurant.”

“Austin,” cries Sami, “that’s where I was going to have my reception. It’s closed.”

“I have a feeling they will have room for us,” he says.

“OK, fine,” says Sami, “but no promises about not whining and complaining.”

Nicole was listening outside the door, “Chez Rouge huh? FF on the conniving Nicole.


Previews
========

Chelsea asks Billie, “Why would she make it sound like you guys were just a couple of prostitutes? Don’t tell me Sami was telling the truth.”

Hope lectures Bo, “If you put yourself in the middle and Chelsea thinks you’re siding with Billie instead of her, you could lose your daughter forever. Is that a chance you’re willing to take?”

Nicole asks, “What about me, Austin? Do you still have feelings for me, too?”

Kate asks, “Aren’t you going to congratulate me?” Sami says, “I think I’m gonna kill you.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I want some of that miracle hair-grow stuff that Lucas has. He grew a beard and mustache not overnight - but within a hour or two. Or maybe he just glued on some of the hair they shaved off his head. HAHAHAHA

Great Prevuze and pictures. Especially the one with Sami!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Prevuze page! I visit here every day to get the latest scoop on what's going on in Salem! Thank you so much!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs