Thursday, February 04, 2010

She's Lying Through Her Fangs

EJ pours a drink in the rumpus room and places his hand on his fevered brow. He contemplates pictures of his kids as the doorbell rings. He answers to find Rafe. The G-Man asks about Anna, "I just spoke to her." EJ swallows his glass along with his drink.

Carly finds Dr. Dan at the hospital. She puts in a request to work a specific shift that just happens to coincide with Melanie's wedding. Sharp ole Danny boy figures she doesn't want to go to the wedding.

Vivian stomps around the Kiriakis den ranting about the fact that Kate took the lethal gift, "OMG, nobody can see what's in there. I have to get it back."

Melanie finds Kate outside as she contemplates the gift, "Who's that for?"

Brady shows up at Sami's place. Sami opens the door, "I thought you were Anna."

That doesn't compute with Brady, "Huh-wha?"

"Yeah," says Sami, "You wear the same feather boa. I just saw her a few minutes ago." Brady wonders why Anna is there.

Anna tells Sydney the kidnapping plan is getting scary. She feels for Sami, the way she misses her daughter and worries that Rafe is involved, "I can't do this any more. I have to make it right." She makes a call.

Rafe tells EJ Anna was at Sami's place.

Nathan sits in the pub and gets a message from Stephanie telling him she'll be there soon. He picks up the paper and reads about Phillip and Melanie's wedding as he tosses down a beer. He drinks one too.

Melanie figures out that's the box Vivian was going to give her, "What are you doing with it?" Kate stammers and chokes.

EJ asks what Anna had to say. Rafe asks EJ, "Is it just me or do you suddenly seem... really nervous?"

Kate hems, haws and weaves a tale. She says the gift will be from both her and Vivian because they've come to a peace accord. "That was very mature of you two," says Melanie, "Of course I guess one would expect maturity from a couple women who have single digit social security numbers. What is it, anyway?"

"Well," says Kate, "It's just a little trinket for your wedding. You know what they say... Something old... Something new... something borrowed... Something that could kill you by just looking at it..."

Carly says she doesn't want to hurt Melanie's feelings. Daniel wonders why Carly cares so much about her. Carly wants to drop it. Speaking of dropping things, Chloe walks up and the average IQ in the room drops to a negative number. Daniel gets a page and leaves. Carly says, "I think you should tell Daniel how much pain you're in because you can't conceive."

"It's not bothering me," says Chloe, "I haven't been able to conceive much all my life and it doesn't bother me any more."

Sami says Anna got really upset when they were talking about the kidnapping, "It must be she just really felt depressed for me."

"Usually," says Brady, "You feel depressed enough all on your own. What's going on in your head."

"The vacuum is expanding," says Sami, "Seeing Anna reminded me of all of us growing up. We went through a lot, but in the end all of us still love each other. I want that for my kids. They won't even know their little sister."

"Don't go there."

"Too late," says Sami, "I'm already being sucked into the black hole of depression."

EJ claims he's not nervous as they move into the rumpus room. Rafe wonders if Anna isn't an enemy of the DiMeras of sorts, "They say the Syd-napping is DiMera related."

EJ asks, "Uh... you mean like because she's my daughter and I'm a DiMera? How do you figure these things out?"

"Maybe she knows more than we think," says Rafe.

"A gnat knows more than you think," says EJ.

Rafe's eyes pop open, "Whoa!"

"That's the first intelligent thing you're said today," says EJ, "What does 'whoa' mean?"

"I don't know," says Rafe, "I'm not good with four syllable words. But all I do is tell you I'm going to investigate Anna and you freak out."

Anna is on the phone with Carrie. They talk about Sami and agree to talk again soon. Anna hangs up, "My cover is still in tact for now." She turns to Sydney, "Now I should do what I should have done before... call your father. He will yell and throw things but he needs to know." She picks up the phone and then puts it back down, "I can't. I'm already over my minutes for the month."

EJ says he's just trying to protect Anna from Rafe's incessant questioning, "She just lost her husband. She's still in mourning and deserves some privacy." He tells Rafe he's been in contact with Anna and she's been supportive of his situation.

"So," asks Rafe, "She hates your father but is loyal to you>?"

"We've always had a good relationship," says EJ, "She had nothing to do with Sydney's disappearance. You're seeing fire where there is no smoke. You're trying too hard and you're not going to ingratiate yourself back into Sami's life. She never wants you again. Never."

Brady wonders if Sami is more pressured because of what has happened with Rafe. She says she's always more hopeful when he is around. Brady suggests if that's the case, they try to work things out. Sami says, "It's just better if he stays as far away from me as possible."

Kate hands Melanie the deadly present. Melanie agrees to open it as Vivian rushes up and stops her.

Sami broods and looks at pictures. She flashes back to Sydney's first return and how Rafe was responsible. She grabs her coat and runs out.

Stephanie shows up at the pub. Nate slurs a sentence together claiming he doesn't care about Melanie's wedding. Stephanie wants to talk about Alpine Valley but gets a call. She goes off. Nathan polishes off his beer and orders another.

Vivian busts Kate, "This harpy stole that present like a jackal in the night. She's lying through her fangs again." Melanie decides this would be a good time to get out and leave World War III to the pros.

Kate asks, "Why were you so afraid to let her open that, Vivian?"

"Your foolishness is going to make you pay dearly," threatens Vivian.

Chloe says she feels differently about her inability to conceive a child now, "Thank you for caring." She goes. Carly makes a call.

EJ lectures Rafe for harassing his sister-in-law. Sami walks in, "What are you two doing?"

EJ and Rafe put their pants back on, "Nothing... what makes you ask?"

Stephanie gets off the phone and says there was a problem with the gift she was planning to get Melanie, "It's too small for what I wanted to engrave on it." Nathan suggests they march on down and get something bigger. Stephanie suggests she pick up some coffee on the way back and then they can go to her place. Nathan thinks that idea is just dandy. Stephanie leaves Nathan to more beer. He guzzles and reads the paper again, expressing his displeasure by pouring the rest of his brew onto the article, "Barkeep — one more por favor!"

Chloe and Father Matt sit in the Java Café. "You haven't told Daniel about this," asks Father Matt.

"I've had many miracles in my life," says the troubled Chloe, "Surviving cancer... the coma... having a lucid thought. I think there is room for one more miracle in my life. Faith is about believing in miracles."

"No," says Father Matt, "It's not. Of course, I flunked Miracles 101 in seminary."

Melanie shows up at the hospital to see Carly. Carly drops the bad news on her, "I have to work on your wedding day, but I have a gift for you." She gives her a bracelet.

"Did your mom give this to you," says Melanie.

"Why do you ask?"

"It looks like a family heirloom," says Melanie, "...something that should probably stay in the family."

Vivian and Kate argue about her stealing the gift. Kate plays the 'you-stole-the-embryo' card, "That's certainly a lot worse."

"Oh," says Vivian, "Heavy foot on thin ice. You're losing it because I've replaced you in the relationships with Victor and Phillip. You've been marginalized."

Rafe wonders what Sami is doing there. Sami wonders what Rafe is doing there. I spared you the dialog of that circular conversation. You don't have to thank me, but when you hear it you will.

EJ chimes in, "Rafe is accusing Anna of kidnapping." He asks Rafe to leave. Rafe scoops Sami up and takes her with him.

EJ calls Anna, "I don't know what you think you are doing but you will be very, very sorry." Translation, "Lucy, you got some splainin' to do."

Father Matt preaches, "What we want is not always God's plan for us." He gets up to get another vanilla latte, but gets a call and finds out he should leave. "But I want another cup of coffee," says Father Matt.

God interrupts, "Sorry, Father Matt but what you want isn't always my plan for you."

Matt goes back to Chloe and tells her there was an accident and he has to go to go to the hospital, "I wish I could have been more help. Actually, I wish I could have had more coffee. Call me anytime you need to have me burst your balloon of faith." He leaves.

Chloe stares, "I'm sorry father. I can't accept what you told me and I won't."

God booms, "But, Chloe, Father Matt was right."

Chloe looks up, "What do you know about religion?"


Carly says it's not an heirloom. Melanie thanks her and accepts the gift. She leaves. Carly stares.

Gus steps up and asks if he should bring a car. Vivian suggests Kate figure out a way to spin this little incident so that Phillip and Victor don't totally disown her. Vivian and Gus go off plotting and discussing collateral damage as they walk. Kate listens and contemplates.

Sami and Rafe are back at her place doing what they do best. This time the argument is about Anna. Sami thinks it's a dead end investigating her. Rafe asks, "Do you think I'm doing this just because I want you back."

STOP THE PRESSES! HE FINALLY FINDS SOMETHING THAT SHUTS HER UP!

Sami finally breaks the silence, "Are you? Do you?"

"No. And yes."

Was that too much for you to follow?

EJ arrives at the hideout. Anna tells him about Roman forcing her to see Sami, "It'll never happen again."

"You're right about that," scowls EJ.

"Why are you looking at me that way?"

"You're leaving — tonight."

Daniel and Brady jog outside. They discuss marriage, but decide they really don't belong together. Brady asks about Chloe wanting to be a mom and Daniel goes to the darkside.

Chloe figures miracles happen and it's God's plan for her to have a baby. She sees Stephanie up at the counter and goes over to talk. They chat about the upcoming wedding and we discover Chloe has lost track of time. She thought the wedding was another week away, "I thought... OMG! I got confused."

"The only time you're not confused," says Stephanie, "is when you're asleep."

Nathan starts to order another beer, but decides he's had enough. The bartender asks, "Besides pouring the beer on the newspaper, what tipped you off that you were plastered?"

"I'm not sure," says Nathan, "Maybe if I can find my clothes it will somehow jog my memory. I'm going for a walk. If Stephanie comes in, tell her I'll be right back." He walks outside and stumbles onto a bench. Melanie walks up.

Carly leaves Bo a message and says she told Melanie she can't go to the wedding. Kate strolls up, "Kate... it's been a long time."

"It has."

"How can I help?"

"It's how we can help each other," says Kate.

Daniel says he would love to be a dad, "The thing is... nothing... never mind... Timing is everything."

Chloe is shocked she thought the wedding is a week away. Stephanie leaves. Chloe's eyes light up, "Could it be? Could I be pregnant?"

Nathan is three sheets to the wind. He decides this is a good time to break into song, "Here comes the bride... all dress in... maroon."

"What's the matter," asks Melanie.

"You," says Nathan, "Marrying Phillip."

Vivian fondles the deadly box, "You won't hurt anyone until the right moment and then... tragedy."

Kate asks Carly, "What's the connection between you, Vivian and Melanie?"

Anna asks about the money EJ owes. He says he doesn't pay for failure. He calls his body guard to look after Sydney. Anna protests, "You can't just toss me out like yesterday's garbage."

"This isn't your decision to make."

Anna sneers, "Actually, EJ, that's where you're dead wrong."

Rafe says he knows Sami can't stand the sight of him but he loves her. He starts to go but Sami blocks him, "I love you, too." Well, it appears we're in for a round of make-up-sex.


* * * * *

Thank you, Frances...

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


23 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

EJ and Rafe put their pants back on, "Nothing... what makes you ask?" tsk, tsk Prevuze. Naughty, naughty.

Really a filler episode for me and thanks for sparring us the ciruclar dialogue. But make up sex? Couldn't you have spared us that as well? Ew!

Verification word: sperelww

A little sperelww came up in Berg's mouth when she read the end of Prevuze this a.m.

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Lselie said...

Brady wonders why Anna as there.

Let’s consider the possibilities. At one time, Anna was Sami’s step mother, and Anna is Sami’s former sister-in-law. Since Salem is the size of a Super K-Mart, Sami and Anna couldn’t help running into each other in the pubs, restaurants, cafes, park(s), and/or streets of the crazy metropolis. For those reasons alone, I think it’s fair to say that Anna stopped by to pay a visit to Sami. Any more stupid questions Brady?

Melanie figures out that's the box Vivian was going to give her.

What was your first clue Melanie? Could it have been the black feathers sprouting out of the ribbon?

"Of course I guess one would expect maturity from a couple women who have single digit social security numbers.”

LMAO!!!!!

“What's going on in your head."

"The vacuum is expanding," says Sami.

You think?

"They say the Syd-napping is DiMera related."

EJ asks, "Uh... yo mean like because she's my daughter and I'm a DiMera? How do you figure these things out?"

Rafe – Captain Obvious – Hernandez never got past Deductive Reasoning 101.

"What does 'whoa' mean?"

"I don't know," says Rafe, "I'm not good with four syllable words.”

I'd say that Rafe is dumber than a box of rocks except that statement would be insulting to some perfectly intelligent rocks. Geez!

Father Matt preaches, "What we want is not always God's plan for us."

Isn’t that the truth?! We want better writing without recycled scripts. Instead we’re heading for another miracle pregnancy, and we’re not even finished with the fall out of Nicole’s miraculous stroll down motherhood lane.

Well, it appears we're in for a round of make-up-sex.

Cliffhanger Fridays have just sunk to a brand new low. Thanks for the warning Prevuze. My zapper will be ready for action!

5:37 AM  
Blogger azrial1 said...

Our "Alice" is now in heaven with her "Tom."

I hope Days has a wonderful memorial for her. She deserves it.

Rest in peace Grandma Horton.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"OMG, nobody can see what's in there. I have to get it back."
Well, stomping around isn't going to get it back, woman!

Brady wonders why Anna as there.
Same reason you're there? The same reason Carly's there. It's not like Salem is some secret town.

"They say the Syd-napping is DiMera related."
Who is they? If Ej were innocent, he'd certainly would be putting up with a lot of crap from Rafe.

She never wants you again. Never."
Haha!

Nathan polishes off his beer and orders another.
I hope this isn't going to spiral into an alcoholism story. I suppose it gives Lucas something to do.

"This harpy stole that present like a jackal in the night.
Are jackals known for 'stealing' things in the middle of the night?

"Surviving cancer... the coma... having a lucid thought.
Don't forget about those scars! The ones that needed healing!

Rafe wonders what Sami is doing there. Sami wonders what Rafe is doing there.
Why does Sami need an explanation, the father of her children live there. Doesn't Johnny live there as well? I don't know where the other one lives.

"It's how we can help each other," says Kate.
Deals with Satan never work out the way you want them to.

"Could it be? Could I be pregnant?"
I'm not sure what's going on here. Does she determine dates with her period???

Well, it appears we're in for a round of make-up-sex.
Gross.

~All I feel for Rafe at the moment is >:(

Honestly, Luis was never this annoying.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Oh dear! Just got to the bottom of the blog and saw the news about Fracis Reid. How sad!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

OK, now for the snark. [Didn't feel right to include them in the news about Frances.]

Sami walks in, "What are you two doing?" EJ and Rafe put their pants back on, "Nothing... what makes you ask?"

WOW, that was almost censored link-worthy. EJafe indeed. LOLOL

I had a small HUH?! moment when Carly asked Dr. Dan if she could work the special shift. Shouldn't she be asking Lexi that? Or did Lexi resign as Chief of Staph? It's been so long since we've seen her I've forgotten.

Loved the pictures, especially Bulldog's of Roman and the one with Carly & Melanie.

Chloe looks up, "What do you know about religion?"

Actually, through Chloe, Prevuze has posed a very interesting philosophical question. Since “religion” is a construct of man, what WOULD God know about religion? Religious scholars – discuss among yourselves.

Bless you, Prevuze, the best religious philosophy blog on the Internet®

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIP Alice...

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Will Miss You Alice said...

My sympathies to Frances Reid's family and the DOOL cast. I'll really miss Alice on the show and I hope DOOL pays a nice tribute to her.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Arlene said...

In honor of Grandma Horton, I'm breaking my diet and getting some doughnuts today.

Thanks Alice for your years and years of amazing presence in Salem!

8:36 AM  
Blogger edwardsgirl20 said...

Omg i hope kate and carly team up and kill vivian! And come on rafe hurry up and figure out that ej is the sydnapper!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous LB said...

Klaus - Don't worry. Sami, EJ, and Lucas probably don't know where the other kid(s) live either.

I haven't kept up with DOOL or Prevuze (sorry) in a while; just started back last week. The only change - VIVIAN'S BACK! Yay! The writer's did something right. Just need Ivan. Otherwise, the only question I couldn't figure out - Melanie's father. Turns out no one else knows either.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

In honor of Grandma Horton, I'm breaking my diet and getting some doughnuts today.

I have a feeling that would tickle Frances/Alice to no end. But then she would warn you to get right back on the diet once you have your fun.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I hadn't heard about Frances either. Prevuze is always in-the-know! I wonder how they'll handle it on the show - actually have Alice pass away or she'll always be in the next room? Anyway, she seemed like such a sweet lady.

Now...something not so sweet. Today's episode. Why would anyone be so suspicious of a wedding gift? In real life Kate would just think it's Vivian buttering up Melanie and not give it any more thought.

And (Daniel, Kate, Vivian, insert just about every other name here) wonders why Carly cares so much about Melanie. Again something most people wouldn't give a hoot about much less think there's a big secret behind it.

Loved Chloe walks up and the average IQ in the room drops to a negative number and Chloe says "I haven't be able to conceive much all my life and it doesn't bother me any more."

Thanks for the almost-Friday recap, Prevuze!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous bGirl said...

well for the "who's your Daddy" plot - I would say Daniel - he and Carly knew each other during that time period, Carly admitted to sleeping with someone she worked with - she & Daniel are both Doctors, there's been lots of interaction between Carly & Dr. Dan and he seems to be trying to figure out the connection, and that would surely throw a monkey wrench in the Dan/Chloe baby storyline. My only thing is - won't he kinda be upset that he never knew about it from Carly - surely she knew who the father was. I don't know why Chloe is in this big let's hurry and have a miracle and ooh I think I am already pregnant - when they haven't even got married yet. OF course it is Days so - horse - cart it doesn't really matter.

Ms. Reid - we will miss you - thatnk you for your many years of contribution to the show.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest in peace, Frances. Thanks for all the great memories. (and I'm not going off my diet for donuts, I'd only want real Alice donuts for that)
Cookie

10:12 AM  
Anonymous jeremy said...

sad news everyone alice has died in real life

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

DAYS's France Reid Dies at 95
It's the end of an era for DAYS OF OUR LIVES. Veteran actress and beloved matriarch of the Horton clan, Frances Reid (Alice), passed away on Feb. 3 at the age of 95. Reid, who also appeared on AS THE WORLD TURNS and THE EDGE OF NIGHT early in her soap career, last aired on DAYS in Dec. 2007.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

R.I.P. Ms Reid. I hope they give her a grand farewell on the show.

I don't get why Rafe is so suspicious of everyone, and what give him the right to interrogate everyone over and over and over and over. If I were Ej, the lawyer, I'd have Rafe's sanctimonious butt tossed in the big house for harrassment. I hate Rafe. Someone lock him in a tunnel or give him a new brain chip please!!!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would think they could give Alice the fondest, grandest fairwell send-off ever. Her funeral (her tv personna's funeral) should be a full episode, with tons of flashbacks from earlier years; like maybe even with some that have Hope as a child....and who could forget putting a file in the cake? LOL...they have to show some of these to really pay homage to this great lady. I truly hope it's not just a "Oh, Grandma Horton passed away in her sleep and I'm so sad" kinda mention. She deserves better.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frances Reid deserves so much of the credit for how this show was back in the day. She was the matriarc. She was the grandmother I always wanted..
Rest in Peace you sweet lady.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous chaya said...

Goodbye Francis Reid. I feel like I lost a member of my own family - I can only imagine how the long time cast members feel.

i hope they write her death into the program & bring back some of the people we haven't seen in a long time for the funeral. But then the writers don't seem to remember them the way we do.

It's about time Mickey came back from the dead anyway.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In honor of Frances Reid, I'm going to raise a glass open a few bottles of wine and reflect on the roles of soap opera queens every where.

2:18 PM  
Blogger wolf said...

do you know if they plan to "memorialize" Alice?? That is so freaking sad! Especially considering the story-lines of today....

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs