Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Man Behind The Curtain

Brady wanders onto the terrace and looks at the chaise. He flashes back to his pre-romp romp with Arianna. His phone rings and pops him out of it. It's Arianna wondering if he's ticked after she left so suddenly. She's suggests they get together. Brady smiles, "My night just really picked up."

Arianna drones, "I wish I could say the same."

Victor, a.k.a. Mr. Bigger, hugs Connie, a.k.a. Mr. Big. He tells him he doesn't meet with dealers. Troy, a.k.a. Mr. Flunkey, chimes in and says, "I know, but Arianna moves our stuff fast."

Victor's jaw drops, "Arianna?"

Stephanie cues up at the Cheatin' Heart and smacks a double bank shot into the pocket, "I win. You now owe me $180,000."

Phillip grumbles, "You know I don't have that kind of money." He smooches her.

"That was pretty good," says Stephanie, "We'll call it even." There must be more than lip balm in those artificial lips of Phillip's.

Our old buddy Grabowski watches and talks on his phone as Phillip and Stephanie put on the PDA, "Kiriakis is over there putting the moves on another tasty piece of merchandise. He traded the redhead for the brunette."

Daniel wanders in the park and rants about Kate, "Fight, Chloe... fight."

Craig tells Kate Chloe is improving.

Kate rants about Nathan, "Doogie Howser doesn't want to honor Lucas' decision to stop life support. You need to tell him a few more beeps on her monitor don't mean anything."

Inside the room, Lucas stares at Chloe. Suddenly, her eyes open, "Daniel..."

Lexie, Craig and Kate rush in. Lucas says, "She woke up."

Lexie says, "She must have smelled the fresh pot of coffee they just put on in the waiting area."

The four of them go out into the waiting area. Lucas gives the play-by-play, "She woke up. Then she spoke. She said 'Daniel.'"

Daniel paces. Melanie asks if he's OK. Daniel dunno. He says just now he thought he heard Chloe's voice. Melanie gets a call from Nathan. Nate asks to talk to Daniel. He tells him Chloe woke up and the first thing out of her mouth was his name. Daniel goes catatonic and wonders off. He hands the phone back to Melanie. Nathan asks if Daniel is OK. Melanie says she doesn't think he can believe it and hangs up. She turns to Daniel and they hug and celebrate the miracle. Daniel cops a few along the way. Maggie walks up.

Lexie sits at Chloe's bedside. Chloe grabs her hand. Lexie gasps, "Chloe, what do you want to tell me?"

"I need a bedpan."

Victor tells the boys to get rid of Arianna and not to let her see him. He goes behind a curtain and Arianna walks up. Troy introduces Mr. Big, "This is Mr. Constantine. Now you've met the boss."

Arianna is skeptical, "I don't think so."

Stephanie pries Phillip off and reminds him they're supposed to be taking it slow. Phillip decides in that case the next step should be nachos and jalapenos.

Melanie gives Maggie the good news. Daniel zones out and runs off as Maggie and Melanie cluck. Melanie says she doesn't think Daniel poisoned Chloe. With that, Maggie is off to spread the news.

Kate takes Lucas aside and lobbies, "You've made an agonizing decision. Now stick with it."

"You're right," says Lucas, "I'll live dangerously and have both cream and sugar in my coffee."

Lexie comes out and announces that Chloe slipped back into the coma, "But it's a good sign that she came out of it for a while." If Lexie's medical skills were any better she'd know how to put a band aid on a minor cut.

Grabowski watches as Phillip serves the beer. Phillip tells Stephanie he's glad she gave him another chance, "I know I've been tough to get along with. It's this honesty thing. With us Kiriakis' honesty is a last resort. But there is something I think I should tell you."

He consults the Guy Manual to figure out if he should tell Stephanie about his night of unbridled passion with Melanie. The Guy Manual advises, "I Hope you're wearing padded underwear because you'll need it when she kicks your artificial butt to the curb."

Arianna isn't buying the fact that Mr. Big is the boss. Go tell Mr. Bigger if he is not interested in doing business with the BEST dealer, I'm just gonna take my business elsewhere." Victor listens behind the curtain.

Suddenly, the curtain rustles and Arianna gets curious. She starts to pull the curtains apart, but Victor says, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." She walks off.

Mr. Flunkey asks Mr. Big, "How does she know?"

Victor steps out, "Because she is very very smart and I don't like that at all."

Daniel comes back to the Kiriakis mansion looking for Justin. He tells Brady about Chloe's miraculous moment of consciousness, "We are not done yet. When Kate hears, she will be more dangerous than before. Her back is against the wall... There is no tomorrow... we have to take it one step at a time..."

Daniel runs out of clichés, so Brady tells him to stay cool and heads for the hospital. Daniel picks up a family picture, "I swear to you Kate, I'm gonna make you pay. Your health insurance didn't cover that experimental cancer treatment."

Lexie tells the crowd Chloe mumbled something else, but she's not sure what it was. Kate questions everything. Lexie wonders if she has a problem with Chloe getting better, "We have to continue to monitor Chloe since it looks like she's improving. As the physician in charge, I'm overriding the plugyankification procedure." Craig goes to call Nancy.

Brady is at the hospital with Nathan and Melanie. They tell him about Kate's reaction. They also tell him Craig is there and is in with Chloe. Brady goes in to face his past. Melanie and Nathan decide to call it a night. Nate wonders if she wants to hit the Cheatin' Heart. She agrees. "So," says Nathan, "it's a d... da... dat... mutual dining situation."

Phillip tries to convince Stephanie he's changed and asks her to wear the engagement ring again. Stephanie stammers. She says she wants to get what they had back. Phillip pours out his love and puts the ring on her finger. Melanie and Nathan walk in.

Grabowski soaks it all in, "How are you getting out of this one, rich boy?"

Brady calls Daniel and tells him Craig is in with Chloe. He thinks Chloe will be able to blab all when she wakes up, "If she can't, Maggie will be able to squeeze it out of her. Water-boarding may be banned at the CIA, but Maggie considers it a fine art."

Daniel wants to find a way to take care of Kate ASAP, "I'll either prove what she did or give her a taste of her own medicine."

"I don't know if it will work," says Brady, "Those brownies are getting awfully stale."

Kate reminds Lucas it's his decision, not Lexie's, "And you need to do what's right for Chloe."

"Killing her is the right thing for her," asks Lucas.

"Think about it," says Kate, "What kind of a life does she have with a dweeb like you?"


Victor tells the boys to keep Arianna working and bringing in the money. He walks off, "Man, Brady, you sure can pick 'em."

Melanie and Nate watch Phillip and Stephanie. Stephanie sees them, invites them over and shows off the ring. Melanie just llooovvveeess it. Phillip apologizes for sucker punching Nathan. Melanie goes to order champagne. Phillip follows, "You order. I'll pay."

Melanie takes him up on it. She leans over the bar, "I'll have your best bottle of champagne. Soda for me. I don't want to get out of control and do anything I'll regret in the morning. Guys will tell you anything to get what they want." The tears flow.

Brady and Troy meet in the park. Brady says Arianna told him what Troy is doing and offers help. Arianna watches.

Kate pushes, "Lucas, you have to think clearly." There's a lost cause if there ever was one. She makes a pitch for the big yank.

Justin and Daniel are on the terrace discussing his case. Daniel wonders, "What if I could prove what Kate did?"

Brady tells Troy he's been to rehab and he understands. Troy catches on as Arianna steps in. He tells Brady he'll think about what he said and leaves. Brady wonders if Troy will stick with the program until he can lick his drug problem. Arianna reminds him she didn't come out in the moonlight to talk about Troy. The talk stops and the kissing starts.

Victor walks in on them, "Is that all the two of you ever do? I have something important to say to both of you."

Daniel tells Justin about Kate baking brownies in her gardening gloves. Justin doesn't think that offers much evidence, "Wow! She was wearing gardening gloves out in the garden? With evidence like that against her, Clarence Darrow couldn't save her."

Daniel says rubber gloves don't clean up well. He heads out on a mission to find the gloves.

Kate urges Lucas to kill, kill, kill. Lucas pontificates, "Chloe, when you opened your eyes it was like the sun came out. And then you asked for him."

Nathan tells Stephanie she looks happy, "Phillip is one lucky dude."

"And I am one lucky dudess," says Stephanie, "I'm glad I fell for someone I can trust."

Phillip tries to be sympathetic. Melanie thinks Phillip doesn't care about her feelings, "All you care about is Stephanie not finding out. So my engagement present to you is that I will keep my mouth shut."

Out in the audience, Maude turns to Gertrude, "Isn't it wonderful that we all get to share in Phillip's engagement present?"

Grabowski stands outside and watches.

Henderson announces Daniel can stay. Justin thinks breakfast will be fun, "You and Kate can do the crossword puzzle together." Henderson says Kate won't be there tonight because she's staying at the hospital. Justin gets a call and leaves. Daniel decides not to stay.

Maggie arrives at the hospital and finds Lucas. Lucas is indifferent. Maggie wonders why he isn't thrilled about Chloe's recovery. He tells her about what Chloe said. Oops.

"Don't feel sorry for me," says Lucas, "I am done playing the victim. I will handle this one on my own. She is back in a coma. It seems her waking up doesn't mean much. I'm glad it happened. Now I know what she's thinking."

Nathan offers to walk Melanie home. "Great," says Melanie, "You're offering to walk me back to a place where you live. Some sacrifice."

"Chivalry isn't dead," says Nathan. He reminds her of their success working with Daniel and says she should feel good about that.

Phillip and Melanie scoot. Outside Grabowski watches and talks on the phone, "Did you get that video with Kiriakis and the redhead? Good... We are gonna make a killing."

Victor apologizes for making Arianna feel uncomfortable, "You must join us for dinner soon."

Lucas comes into Chloe's room and suggests Craig take a break. Craig leaves. Lucas sits, "Well, Chloe, here we are. Just the two of us."

Chloe moans, "Daniel...."

Lucas asks, "You miss him, don't you?"

"I love him," says Chloe, "I will always love him."

Lucas pops out of his fantasy, "You love him and I hate you."

Daniel searches for the gloves. He pours a drink and swills, "I am gonna get those gloves and justice will be served." He goes upstairs as Kate comes in. She tosses her purse and Henderson greets her. She tells him she had a change of plans and decided to come home. He asks if she wants something. "No," says Kate, "I'm exhausted. I think I'll go upstairs and go to bed." She heads upstairs for the Granny and Danny reunion.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


7 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie said...

Victor, a.k.a. Mr. Bigger, hugs Connie, a.k.a. Mr. Big.

I really don’t understand why the head of a global corporation like Titan would be getting involved in illegal drugs. It also boggles the mind why Mr. Flunkey thinks it’s so important that Victor meet a pusher. Seems like awfully small potatoes to me.

She turns to Daniel and they hug and celebrate the miracle. Daniel cops a few along the way.

A candy striper a day doesn’t keep the doctor away.

Her back is against the wall... There is no tomorrow... we have to take it one step at a time..."

…truth, you can’t handle the truth, love means never having to say you’re sorry, hasta la vista baby, etc.

"I swear to you Kate, I'm gonna make you pay. Your health insurance didn't cover that experimental cancer treatment."

Kate needs to upgrade from an HMO.

“As the physician in charge, I'm overriding the plugyankification procedure."

Plugyankification – most excellent Prevuze!!!

She says she wants to get what they had back.

Quality time in the sack?

If not for Prevuziums like these –

"I'll either prove what she did or give her a taste of her own medicine."

"I don't know if it will work," says Brady, "Those brownies are getting awfully stale."

…and

"Killing her is the right thing for her," asks Lucas.

"Think about it," says Kate, "What kind of a life does she have with a dweeb like you?"

- just reading about this episode would be impossible. Talk about booooooooring – geez!! Thanks Prevuze for taking yet another one for the team.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I really don’t understand why the head of a global corporation like Titan would be getting involved in illegal drugs.

Perhaps the stoners who write this stuff lost their supplier and they are so burned out they think they can get back in the saddle by inventing one.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I can't get over Kate nagging Luclueless to still pull the plug. HAHAHA

I am gonna get those gloves and justice will be served." Unless they're OJ's.

Loved plugyankification. A great new term from the Prevuze dictionary.

"If she can't, Maggie will be able to squeeze it out of her. Water-boarding may be banned at the CIA, but Maggie considers it a fine art." I got a big laugh out of that one.

It took me awhile to remember who Grabowski is. Then I realized the reason I didn't remember him is I zapped thru the entirety of the Philanie togetherness scenes so I missed him completely. So without Prevuze I would've been wondering as I watched this who in the world he was.

So, as usual, I'm glad I didn't miss Prevuze! Thanks for the chuckles once again. :D

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, Phillip, what's the problem? It's OK that you slept with Melanie because you and Stephanie were ON A BREAK!

My word verification is dreme, as in maybe this whole show is just a dreme (or nightmare).

8:58 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

It took me awhile to remember who Grabowski is. Then I realized the reason I didn't remember him is I zapped thru the entirety of the Philanie togetherness scenes so I missed him completely.

GASP! You mean you don't watch every precious scene?

OH, THE HUMANITY!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

”You need to tell him a few more beeps on her monitor don't mean anything."
And
Kate pushes, "Lucas, you have to think clearly." There's a lost cause if there ever was one.

Jeez, Kate. Obvious much? Lexi at least asked Kate if she didn't want Chloe to recover. Ya think?

Oh great, now that the rechloefication procedure is successful they are going to halt the plugyankification procedure and the audience is going to need to reinstitute the recurring upchuckapretory procedure.

LOL moments:
If Lexie's medical skills were any better she'd know how to put a band aid on a minor cut.

Mr. Flunky

I need a bed pan
.

Excellent recap of a crushingly boring episode. Thanks Prevuze.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Scolly said...

Did anyone else watch the daytime Emmys? What was up with Darin Brooks anyway? It's like he'd been heavily into Squints' bag 'o pills.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs