Thursday, September 04, 2008

I Didn't Exfoliate This Morning

Breasts! Where Abe is staring as Lexie plays in the sand with Theo and her top hangs down to her knees.

Abe tells Lexie they can't expect miracles and shouldn't take things too fast with Theo. "I just refuse to sit around and do nothing," says Lexie, "unless I'm at the hospital."

Patch and Kayla come up and Steve replaces Lexie in the sand. Man Breasts!

A workman removes the painting from the study. Tony helps him out and goes in and asks Stefano what is going on. "A minor construction project," says Stefano, "An art gallery, a bocce court, expanded wine cellar, upgraded laboooooratory..." Stefano feels he needs a fresh start, "Since the Hearst Castle isn't on the market I'm giving the mansion a facelift. If only I could evict the freeloaders."

EJ walks in and overhears, "That's not about to happen."

Trent meets Marlena in the pub, "Maybe we got off on the wrong foot when we met at the Java Café. I'd like to make it up to you. How about a drink?"

Prevuze

"I have a rule," says Marlena.

Trent interrupts, "I know... no drinking before noon."

"No," says Marlena, "No getting picked up before noon... except on special occasions." She walks away and finds John.

John asks Marlena to stay with him another night. Marlena won't do it with Stefano there. John wonders, "Is the real reason you won't stay what happened yesterday."

"It's more like what didn't happen yesterday," says Marlena. She gets snitty and John backs off. Marlena zones and walks back over to Trent, "You know, the sun came up this morning and with someone as easy as me, that qualifies as a special occasion. I'll have that mimosa."

Nicole comes in, walks up to John and takes a look at his stone face, "Yikes!" She tells John who Trent is without disclosing any former, or current, relationship.

"I don't think I like him," says John.

"Join the club," says Nicole, "That is one Grade-A jerk."

Patch tries to get through to Theo. Kayla suggests he and Abe go feed the birds. The guys head down the path with L'il Joe. Patch turns to Abe, "What are we supposed to feed them?"

"Feed the birds," asks Abe, "I thought she said this show is for the birds." Back at the playground, Kayla hugs Lexie.

EJ hands Stefano an injunction and tells him he and Tony are going nowhere. "God forbid my two sons would have to fend for themselves," says Stefano."

EJ says, "This is about restoring honor to the DiMera name. It's about our legacy."

Stefano says, "Trust me, the DiMera legacy is in very good hands. And it concerns neither one of you"

"Yes it does," says Tony, "because we are family." EJ tells Stefano he doesn't rule this family any more.

Stefano wants to speak to each of them individually. They refuse. Stefano rants about the fact that two grown men can't make a decision on their own. They both inform him when they grow up they will start making decisions.

Lexie tells Kayla she and Abe are still having problems. They don't see eye to eye about Theo. Lexie beats herself up, "I'm not a good mother anymore."

"Anymore," asks Kayla. She tells Lexie she also felt guilty when L'il Joe was in the hospital.

"In your case," says Lexie, "You should have felt guilty. You ran around town and nearly killed him after the doctors told you to stay in bed." Kayla thinks it's more difficult for doctors, "If we ever find a doctor we can ask about that."

Lexie tells Kayla she would give up her job if that's what it took to have Theo be normal.

Stefano says he used to have high hopes for Tony. Tony has no intention of going back to that time. Stefano thinks Tony is weak. "Your idea of strong," says Tony, "is someone who is ruthless, arrogant and lonely. That is not who I am."

Nicole asks, "Why don't we spend some time together? I have some time to kill, and spending it with you would definitely kill it. Do you have plans?" John zones. Nicole is disgusted, "It's like talking to a brick wall. I realize I didn't exfoliate this morning but is it that bad?" John remains silent. Nicole tries again, "I thought you were separated."

"She's still my wife."

Trent wonders if John is jealous. He says talking about that kind of thing is OK if that's what it takes to get her attention. He wonders if Marlena and John are married. Marlena says John's priorities are elsewhere other than making the marriage work. Trent asks, "Then why is he looking over here?"

Nicole dishes out advice, "If you love her, then tell her. Women hate men who play hard to get." John thinks Marlena will eventually come around. Nicole tells him to go for it.

Stefano says Tony is making a serious mistake. Tony thinks underestimating him will lead to Stefano's downfall. He leaves.

Outside Tony tells EJ he thinks he made his point. EJ goes in and tells Stefano, "Whatever Tony said, that goes double for me."

"He said he had to get to the bathroom right away," says Stefano. EJ runs out a full speed.

Lexie and Kayla watch Theo. Lexie has so many dreams for him. Kayla says he can have all those things, but Lexie has to alter her expectations.

"In other words," says Lexie, "You are saying he can have everything I want him to have, as long as I don't want him to have anything."

"That pretty much sums it up," says Kayla.
Lexie wonders whether to mainstream Theo or put him in special class somewhere. "They have a lot more fun in special class," says Kayla. Lexie wonders if Theo will be living at home with her when he's 30. Kayla reminds her she has friends and family for support.

Patch and Abe come back spouting man-talk. "Kayla's got two of everything," says Steve.

"So does Lexie," says Abe, "I was just admiring something she has two of when you and Kayla walked up." The two of them sit down on the park bench and Patch steps all over himself making a blunt remark alluding to Theo's delicate situation, "OMG, I'm sorry," says Patch.

Abe says he doesn't want people to tiptoe around the subject. The whole thing degrades into "The Autism Lesson Of The Day For The Mindless Viewers." Have your zappers at the ready.

Stefano says he is disappointed in Elvis. He would be happy to have him at the mansion with him, but EJ would have to make concessions. EJ says he won't sell his soul to the devil. Stefano knows that isn't true since EJ is an attorney and would sell his mother to the devil for the right price. "Look at you," says EJ, "this master of manipulation. Legacy or no legacy I don't want to be like you when I grow up."

"I will agree that you're a long way from growing up," says Stefano. EJ says he isn't adverse to power and influence but is going to do it his way.

Patch and Kayla leave. Abe suggests they leave one of the cars there and he can drop Lexie off.

"I can't," says Lexie, "I may have to work late at the hospital."

"I didn't mean drop you off at the hospital," says Abe, "I meant the nearest cliff. Besides, I thought we were having dinner." Unfortunately, Lexie just can't. He understands. He goes over to get Theo. Theo throws the mother of all fits.

Trent and Marlena yuck it up. John watches and steams. He gets up, "I'm gonna break his arm." Nicole holds him back. John wonders why she's eager to get Blondie and him back together.

Nicole says, "Trent is a no good bastard who deserves to die." John forces her to tell what she knows about him. Nicole generalizes, "That man has a dark side most people don't know. If you want to get him and Marlena apart, I know how to drive a wedge between them."

Trent and Marlena chat. She says he know he's the Dean of Physics at the university. "Very good," says Trent.

"Well," says Marlena, "You know, it's a small town... with a large international airport."

Theo screams as they haul him off. Lexie gives him a graham cracker. Theo tosses it. Abe wants her to come to dinner and talk. Lexie freezes like a statue. Abe takes Theo off. Lexie sits alone and bawls.

Stefano calls Tony in. He gives them both a final chance to make things right, "Imagine the three of us working together. The possibilities are unlimited. I have worked hard and nothing would give me more pleasure than to share it with both of you. But I need your unwavering loyalty."

"He means he needs for us to be his puppets," says EJ. Tony says the answer is no. Stefano wanders around the room, "You turn tour back on me and it is over. NO MORE CHANCES!"

EJ leaves. Tony stares. Stefano rants, "You want to throw everything away?"

"Yes we do father," Tony leaves.

Trent asks Marlena out. She turns him down. Marlena thinks going out with him might be awkward because of the way he treated Max. Trent says, "Everyone of us has done things he regrets." Marlena reminds him she is married. He tells her to let him know if she changes her mind. He leaves and Marlena pushes her mimosa away.

Patch and Kayla are in the pub. Patch can't imagine what Abe and Lexie are going through. Kayla says, "You have a kid... he's born with ten fingers and toes and you think he's healthy. Ten is the right number isn't it? " They hope Theo has a near-normal life. Kayla doesn't know how much Lexie can take.

Lexie sits, bawls and fantasizes about playing in the sand with a normal Theo. No one can imagine a normal Lexie. She breaks down.

Marlena sits alone. Nicole sees a chance for John to move in. She licks her fingers and goes to straighten his hair. John jumps as if she shot him, "Don't touch the hair!" Nicole says to tell Marlena he loves her, missies her, needs her and wants her. John memorizes his little speech, goes over and sits with Marlena.

"I have something to say to you," says Marlena.

"And I have something to say to you," says John.

Marlena goes first with her happy news, "I think it's time I filed for divorce."

Patch thinks John and Marlena look pretty intense. Kayla is worried about Stefano. She thinks he might come after L'il Joe. Patch vows to make sure Joe is OK.

Outside the pub, Nicole and EJ bump into each other.

Stefano looks at pictures in an album. Tony comes in as Stefano reminisces about family. Tony turns and leaves. Stefano throws the album in the wastebasket.

Marlena says she feels like they are fighting a losing battle. She didn't want it to come to this but sometimes things just don't work out the way people plan.

Nicole starts to leave but EJ stops her. He says he's not happy how they left things. He's sorry she had to see him and Sami in the compromising position in the stairwell. He says he doesn't know what will happen with him and Sami, "When I was with Samantha I felt like I was cheating on you." That EJ really knows how to sweet-talk 'em, doesn't he? EJ walks off. Nicole stares.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole tries again, "I thought you were separated."

"She's still my wife."

 
That sure did stop Jawn when he was partying with Ava.
 
"Look at you," says EJ, "this master of manipulation. Legacy or no legacy I don't want to be like you when I grow up."
 
Excuse me…should that have been in italics?!  WTF?!  EJ is one of the few characters that doesn’t let emotions dictate all his actions.  Why would the writers put those words in his mouth?!  I just don’t get it.
 
"I will agree that you're a long way from growing up," says Stefano.
 
…and so are the writers.
 
"Well," says Marlena, "You know, it's a small town... with a large international airport."
 
…and on a body of water large enough to accommodate shipping vessels. 
 
"He means he needs for us to be his puppets," says EJ.
 
EJ should know a lot about being a puppet since he’s been more than willing to dance to Sami’s tune.
 
"When I was with Samantha I felt like I was cheating on you." That EJ really knows how to sweet-talk 'em, doesn't he?
 
That’s a definite.  Is it any wonder that every person living in Salem talks out of both sides of their mouths?  Daze must have a bi-polar writing staff grinding out this pap.  Geez!!  EJ just had a heart-to-heart talk with Sami in the stairwell demanding she tell him where they stood in their relationship, and now he’s telling Nicole he felt like he was cheating on her with Sami.  This is truly another WTF moment.  Whatever!
 
Right on, Bulldog, and, Prevuze, thanks again for another wonderful recap. 

5:43 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Man breasts

Not a nice picture this early in the AM.

The whole thing degrades into "The Autism Lesson Of The Day For The Mindless Viewers." Have your zappers at the ready.

Thank you for not repeating it! I would have had to zap Prevuze just reading about it. LOL

"Don't touch the hair!"

I can just picture Jawn in that scene. Drake has to be having a blast playing the character now.

Here are a couple of questions I have. Why does Stefano want EJ to leave? Wouldn't that mean Giovanni, Stefano's great hope for the next generation of DiMeras, would be out of the house as well? And why hasn't Stef swooped in on the baby yet?

More importantly, where's Rolf?

Great job you Prevuze gang you.

6:29 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Applecheeks said...
"And why hasn't Stef swooped in on the baby yet?"


Stef's probably waiting for Giovanni to get home from Oxford...the twins ought to be about college age by now, right?

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In your case, says Lexie, you should have felt guilty. You ran around town and nearly killed him after the doctors told you to stay in bed." Prevuze shouldn't get a 15 yard penalty for unsportsman-like conduct for that one. More like a truth in advertising award because that's exactly what happened.

Lexie wonders if Theo will be living at home with her when he's 30. No way. He will have been pawned off onto Celeste or Caroline by then. HAHAHAHA

I was so happy to see a new Prevuze on a dreary, rainy day. Now I can face it properly. Thanks!!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Applecheeks. I would imagine Drake Hogestyn is really enjoying playing Jawn. And as a viewer I don't want them to change him back.

I can't wait to see the "hair" comment.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yhat Nicole is a walking advertising for infidelity,isn't she. She reminds me of the old broadway son, "If I'm not near the one I want, I want the one I'm near!"

Actually, I put the word want in place of the original word love because I don't think Nicole is capable of love--- in fact, the writers have been making us think that EVERYONE in Salem is incapable of being faithful to the person they love!

And that is so sad!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I just about died when Abe accused Lexie of having another affair.

I think it's obvious that Joe is the new pawn, that can really be the only explanation on why Stefano took him.

12:09 PM  
Blogger cfish said...

Klaus said...
I think it's obvious that Joe is the new pawn, that can really be the only explanation on why Stefano took him.


Or did Stefano clone him? Think of the possibilities...

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lexie wonders if Theo will be living at home with her when he's 30. Kayla reminds her she has friends and family for support.

Ok Bulldog touched on this... but I expected Prevuze to make some kind of comment about say it with her we will all be there for you for all the days of our lives!! Then to top it off a comment about Alice and Caroline and Maggie watching him instead of Lexie would have been the icing on the cake. I don't think the writers at Days realize just how much funny ammo they give us each day.

Thank you Prevuze for keeping me entertained daily. Bravo for working out the kinks. I can't live properly without my daily dose of Prevuze humor! I don't even watch the show I just read Prevuze each day!!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs