Saturday, September 06, 2008

Good News... Bad News... Good News

The good news: We found the DOOL satellite feed.

The bad news: We don't have the equipment to receive the feed.

The good news: Equipment is available to consumers to get the feed.

The bad news: It's not free.

The good news: We're going to get it anyway.

It seems the DOOL feed is right where it always was, just digitized. Finding this valuable info, I broke down yesterday and drove up to talk to Norris the town satellite installer. He was a bit preoccupied, what with all the hassle of putting a new wing on his mansion, but he graciously agreed to talk to me. At a reduced rate, too. I told him what I had found out about the feed and he confirmed what equipment I need. I told him I had decided to go ahead with the installation as soon as we can get the equipment on order and delivered. Norris will get back with me. As I left, I heard him pick up the phone and order a new BMW. Hey, whatever it takes for Prevuze.

This has been quite a week with trying to get the blog back on track. So many people have stepped up to the plate to help us, it would be impossible to individually thank each of them. We have received dozens of emails with advice and satellite information, which helped us to track this down. We have had offers from readers to be our "Canadian Angel" and provide us with the day ahead show. Others have found satellite feeds for us and still others have just offered support. It's no exaggeration to say all our readers (say it with me) have been there for us.

I'm sure I'll leave someone out, and I apologize in advance for doing that, but the following people have just gone above and beyond in order to help us continue bringing you Prevuze after losing the satellite feed.

• Always reliable Deb (http://fantasydool.blogspot.com) who practically became a satellite technician in her own right.

• Shelley and Tripp (http://tripp3235.wordpress.com), who both helped us find the videos we have been using to bring you the advance postings this week.

• Two Canadian episode donors who wish to remain anonymous.

• Many who volunteered to be our Canadian Angles and provide feeds directly (if this feed doesn't work out, they'll still be hearing from us).

• Ellie, who eventually helped us find the feed.

• Josh, who found the feed himself, has been watching it and assisted us with a list of the equipment we will need.

• All the readers who emailed us with support and satellite suggestions.

As I say, I know I've forgotten someone. Everyone we heard from helped in one way or another and because of that, you've actually received all Prevuze episodes without interruption, just a few bumps in the road.

So now we'll confirm the list of equipment we need and get it ordered. If things work out, it won't be long before we're back to bringing you the same ole Prevuze you've been reading for years.

Oh, yeah, I forgot the really great news. Norris promised me a ride in his new Beemer.

Thanks, everyone. Have a great weekend,
Prevuze

12 Comments:

Blogger Dan Klug said...

From http://retrotv1.blogspot.com/ :On January 17, 2007, NBC Universal Television president Jeff Zucker remarked that Days of our Lives, the soap NBC will never renew, would most likely not "continue past 2009."


my wife LOVES your blog but dont spend to much money.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously hope that isn't true. It the only soap NBC has left. I really don't think I could take another hour of the today show. As much as I gripe about the lousey writing I do love the show. Prevuze Maybe if this happens you could pick it up and do a daily of what really should happen.Thanks again for all you do. Carol

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAYYY!!!! Thank you Prevuze!

(It's rumored that Days was picked up for an additional year, but just hasn't been announced, I think, right?)

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. (Say it with us) You are there for us

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have to do what we can to get Prevuze back up! You guys are what I look forward to when I get up in the morning. Heck, you are the reason I get up in the morning (which explains my oversleeping these past days).

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze, this news fills my heart with joy! I can't wait for things to be back up and running smoothly again at the Prevuze Compound.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Great news! And thank you to all the angels out there for helping get our Prevuze back on track.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't live in the states or canada so your blog is almost the only way to stay updated on what happens in DOOL

i hope prevuze gets back on track soon :D

4:35 AM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

Thanks Prevuze! And a big "Thanks" to all those who helped out! They were there for you! And they were there for us! And we are there for you, just like you are there for us.

:) Gotta love Prevuze.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope they don't cancel it, but if it can't work out then that's to be.

I know I don't have the energy, will, or care to know what the hell is going on with other soaps. Unless there's some prevuze(ish) type site for them.

I only started to watch DOOL because I was too lazy to change the channel when Passions went off, and I only started to watch that because I was too lazy to change the channel when whatever it was went off.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured it was going to digital, because our satellite feed was acting "screwy" the other day. It looked like it was computerized.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!!!

Thank you, Prevuze...I cannot tell you how much we've missed you!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs