Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cold And Criminal

John stomps in wondering why he needs an engraved invitation to come to his own house.

EJ offers his two-cents worth, "This little cocktail party is probably just his little way of asserting his proprietary rights."

Prevuze

John insists Stefano will never get away with it. EJ suggests John back off, "I'm curious. Aren't you just a little bit curious to know what he's up to." John thinks he knows what Stefano is up to and thinks EJ is defending him. EJ reminds John he's the one who got the injunction in the first place. John thinks Stefano is rubbing their noses in it. Sami walks in and announces she's on the guest list too.

Lexie reads her invitation as Abe comes home. Abe asks, "How's Theo doing?"

"I just put him down," says Lexie.

"Good God," says Abe, "That's a little drastic. Couldn't you just have put him to bed?" Lexie says she tried to play with him, but Theo is happier playing alone. "That's because you try to take his toys form him," says Abe, "Like that cool spoon he was playing with." Abe senses something may be wrong with Lexie, "Is everything OK?"

Everything's just hunky-dory according to Lexie, "Under the circumstances."

Abe asks, "Is there something you want to tell me?"

Sami says she left messages for John with the housekeeper. John never got them. "So who intercepted them," asks EJ.

Stefano makes his grand entrance, "Yours truly." He takes the remote and turns music on in the room. Too bad that remote doesn't turn the show off.

Abe asks again. Lexie says nothing is wrong, but she ran into Tamara with her little boy at the pub. She goes through that with Abe and tells him what a traumatic experience it was. Abe tries to reassure her, "Theo's problems don't mean you are a bad person. There are a whole bunch of other reasons you are a bad person." Abe launches into another "Autism for Dummies" lesson.

Sami tells John and EJ Stefano rescued her at the police station. John says, "If I had known, you know I would (say it with him) be there for you."

Sami says she told Stefano she didn't need or want his help, "Instead, I took a cab, "After I borrowed the cab fare from Stefano." John tells Stefano to stay away from Sami in the future. Stefano reminds him she is a guest in his house and the mother of his grandson. John reminds Stefano it's his house, not Stefano's.

Stefano goes to check on the champagne. John kills the music. Sami wonders what the party is about. "I haven't a clue," says EJ, "I also don't know what the party is about."

EJ talks to Sami alone. He wants her to know he's thankful she didn't accept Stefano's help. Sami turns that around, "That's because you think I don't deserve help. I wanted you to stand by me."

EJ tells her it's time she grew up. Sami says EJ is starting to sound like Marlena. He says it's time for some tough love, "You can be as self destructive as you want to be. I don't care."

Anna asks what this party is all about. Tony thinks it's a pathetic attempt to lure them all back into the fold.

EJ follows up and asks, "It that right? Is this a charade to get us back on your side?"

"In a word," says Stefano, "Yes. I am not the reason the family has been torn apart. We have to thank a person who is more ruthless than I."

"Who," asks EJ.

"The guy who hired that new DOOL head writer."

Outside John talks to Sami, "You know, don't you, If I had known you needed me at the police station, I would (say it with him) be there for you." Sami says she appreciates that. She thought EJ understood her but now thinks he doesn't. John says he wouldn't be so sure about that, "I've observed you with the rug-rats. You're an adept mother. I think you're the only one who gets me." Sami suggests changing the subject. John warns her not to trust Stefano. He knows he can stop Stefano and will have to do it. They decide to go in and get this over with.

Abe and Lexie – same old stuff. Blahda, blahda, blahda. "I'm hoping for a miracle," says Lexie, "But I know it's not likely to happen. DOOL will probably be renewed." Abe wonders if the hospital is blaming her for what happened with the lockdown, "Stefano orchestrated it."

"I know," says Lexie, "I only run the joint." Abe says he feels like driving over and tearing Stefano apart. Lexie tells him about their invitation to Stefano's little party.

Stefano goes on in spite of the fact that Alexandra and Abraham aren't there. John holds his cocktail glass against his forehead and gets a look on his face like he just got hit in the head with a Roger Clemens fastball. I probably should have said a fastball on steroids. Stefano rants, "This family has been torn apart due to the cold and criminal actions of someone you would least suspect." Marlena walks in with a cold and criminal gate and a cold and criminal look on her face.

Abe thinks the invitation is a trick, "I have to admit it's working, though. It doesn't take much to fool me. I think we should go."

Marlena says she got a message to come to the mansion to see John. Stefano confesses to the ruse, "After all, Marlena, you are the guest of honor, and I couldn't take the chance you would turn the invitation down."

Lexie says she couldn't care less what Stefano is up to. She rips up the invitation.

Tony and Anna decide they are tired of Stefano's games. They stand up and Tony says, "So what's your point? Say it straightaway otherwise Anna and I are going to be leaving."

Sami says, "I am so over this. I am going to bed."

Stefano says, "Stop it. No one is leaving now. Not until you have seen first hand why our guest of honor has been brought here." He turns to Marlena, "Inside your body beats a heart almost blacker than mine."

John says, "It's beside the point, but inside your body is my kidney."

Stefano says, "I think it's time for our families to know the real truth as to what you are capable of."

Marlena snorts, "Go to hell," and stomps out. John chases. He tells her not to go. Marlena says, "I don't want Stefano to denigrate me in front of everyone."

John is supportive, "You don't need to worry about that. Everyone knows you're about as low as it gets anyway."

Marlena says, "I deliberately put him into a coma."

The audience yells, "US TOO!"

"He did a terrible thing," says John, "He took away the man you loved."

"Which one," asks Marlena.

John says, "You'll never get the old John back and it's because of Stefano DiMera. He hurt you. I know you want nothing to do with me but I would kill anyone who did that again." Marlena weeps and thanks him for clarifying things for her. She says it's about more than vengeance. John tells her to feel good for what she did, "I can see how that guy I used to be was so in love with you. He must not have had a mind either."

Stefano tells Anna this is all true. He says he has been vilified while Marlena is revered. Sami defends her mom. Anna doesn't believe it, "Marlena couldn't do anything like that."

Marlena steps in, "Actually I could, and I did. It's all true. I injected him with an untraceable toxin that put him in a coma and might just do it again."

Abe and Lexie. Same-o same-o. "You know what's great," asks Abe, "Neither one of us has had to memorize new lines for weeks."

Stefano says, "Marlena tried to play God with my life."

Marlena disputes that, "I would NEVER try to play God. I couldn't stand the demotion. I'm not proud of what I did, but I had to stop you from hurting anyone else. My conscience wouldn't allow me to kill you." Stefano says it was the cruelest kind of torture. He was a prisoner in his own body.

"It couldn't have been that bad," says Marlena, "You sure had a lot of room in there."


Sami stands by her mom, "She had the courage to finally put you away."

Stefano says he can't blame Sami for sticking by Marlena. This brings him to the main point of the evening, "Anthony, Elvis, what say you?"

EJ says nothing has changed. Tony says Stefano brought it on himself. Neither of them have any sympathy for him. Stefano says, "This is the final insult... The final treachery. I disown you both!"

"Good heavens," says Tony, "You've disowned us more times that Lucas has disowned Kate."

Stefano snarls, "Vengeance will be mine!"

John retaliates by putting Stefano on notice.

Abe and Lexie cuddle and share a bottle of wine. "It's been a long time since we've enjoyed an evening like this," says Lexie. Abe gets frisky, "Before the night's out we'll be enjoying it a lot more."

A call from the hospital interrupts the moment. Lexie takes it and tells Abe the board secretary was calling to confirm the meeting tomorrow. Abe wonders if they will fire her. Lexie hopes they don't. Abe is hopeful, "Incompetent doctors are hard to find." Abe rationalizes that he can take care of the family if she gets canned.

Everyone wonders what Stefano and John are talking about inside. Anna thinks Stefano will never give up control. "Of course he won't," says EJ, "So we will have to take it."

Marlena says John was right about getting this out in the open. Sami says she doesn't blame Marlena for her actions, "It wasn't about revenge. You were trying to protect your family just like I was when I married EJ." Marlena apologizes for being hard on Sami at the police station, "It's just that I'd like to see you think from your head rather than your emotions." Sami says she will try. Translation: Sami's emotions will remain in charge.

Stefano finds it amusing that John is putting him on notice. John says he's not Stefano's pawn any more, "You will stay away from Marlena and you will not tell a living soul what she did to you." Stefano says he can't agree that.

"Then you'll have to go through me," says John.

"That can be arranged," sneers Stefano.

"If you thought this was war before, brace yourself," says John. He walks out.

EJ and Tony come in. Stefano chuckles. They ask what is so funny. "I just read Prevuze," says Stefano, "John and you two clowns think you are going to win. It's hysterical. Salute!"

John works his jaw and holds his head where that fastball hit it. He comes up to Sami and Marlena. Sami leaves to check on Johnny. John says he is proud of Marlena for standing up to Stefano. Marlena thinks Stefano is determined to get even. John says he is ready for him.

Stefano chuckles, "Papa is putting all his ducks in a row."

Tony asks, "What are you going to do, shoot us?"

John reassures Marlena, "I have your back. That's a whole lot of territory to cover, but Stefano will never hurt you. I told him if he touches you, he will curse the day he was born."


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking another bullet for all us unsuspecting viewers. Loved the the tupperware line, I have actually felt like that before. c

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second anonymous. I'm going to take Days off my DVR. Haven't watched it in two weeks and since Nicole is pregnant(or going to be), I could care less. I guess Sami, Chloe, and probably Kate are next. And maybe Chelsea. They've all had sex once in the past year. And to think, only a few weeks ago, Prevuze was thinking they'd have to stop posting! What would we have done?

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lexie reads her invitation as Abe comes home. Abe asks, "How's Theo doing?"

"I just put him down," says Lexie.

"Good God," says Abe, "That's a little drastic. Couldn't you just have put him to bed?"

 
I must admit that’s exactly what I thought.  Ahhh, yes, I’ve spent too many years around horses.
 
Sami says she left messages for John with the housekeeper.
 
Wisely, John doesn’t trust Sami with his cell phone number.
 
EJ tells her it's time she grew up. Sami says EJ is starting to sound like Marlena.  He says it's time for some tough love.
 
Marlena is also in the “tough love” mode.  With all this heavy handed foreshadowing, I see a certifiable Sami epiphany on the horizon.
 
“We have to thank a person who is more ruthless than I."

"Who," asks EJ.

"The guy who hired that new DOOL head writer."

 
Prevuze once again zings Ken and Dena.  You go girl!!!
 
"I can see how that guy I used to be was so in love with you. He must not have had a mind either."
 
Marlena does have a certain appeal to mindless idiots.
 
Stefano chuckles. They ask what is so funny. "I just read Prevuze."
 
Well, that certainly proves the Stefano is one smart cookie, and he sells Tupperware too!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!  Nicole prays for a crop failure.  I think that goes without saying.  You can’t water your seeds with alcohol and expect it to grow.  Prevuze thanks for yet another stellar recap of Daze!!!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Except for a shout-out to the picture about Hope home schooling Ciara at Caroline's, Lesilie already mentioned the fabulous Prevuisms I was going to comment on.

A truely great Prevuze this morning. The gang is really back in the groove.

Now, pardon me while I go get a few paper towels to clean up the mess I made snorting when I hit the "put him down" crack. LOLOL

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for taking the hit for us poor disillusioned DAYS watchers.

I'm also of the mind to take it off the DVR. Nothing of interest happening in Salem, all the action is happening on this blog.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlena, PLEASE change your clothes. You're giving us a headache.

In yesterday's episode, Sami told Roman that Lucas has never taken care of Allie all by himself. What about the time that she was with EJ just after the wedding? I believe he took care of both kids and Will during that time.

By the way, Kudos to Lexie for taking care of her own kid. She blubbers about not being a good mother. But, at least she doesn't dump him off on Caroline or Maggie all the time. Come to think of it...Where IS Celeste anyway?
They could write her into this whole autism line.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucas took care of Will by shiping him off to europe.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not be more disappointed that Nicole is going to be pg!
Boring!! UGH!!

Thanks Prevuze!! Awesome as usual!

8:40 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:46 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Sorry, I had bad grammar in the original post.

I could not be more disappointed that Nicole is going to be pg!
Boring!! UGH!!


Anon, when Nicole first showed up back in town, someone mentioned that they made a big deal about pointing up how much she drank. Maybe she isn't PG, but is having some alcohol-related health issue (liver damage?) and EJ will either talk her into rehab or take her somewhere and (say it with me) be there for her while she detoxes thus allowing them to grow even closer. Or if she IS PG, he'll find out she's carrying his child and endangering it by drinking, and he'll "kidnap" her and keep her close to him for the duration of the pregnancy (given how much she drinks, she'll probably miscarry), thus allowing them to grow even closer. Either way, I think this is a buildup to a November sweeps SL where EJ chooses between Nicole and Sami. Frankly, if I were him, I'd dump 'em both and take a long vacation somewhere, preferably in a sunny spot so we get to see lots of EJ in swim trunks...YUM!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Sorry, I had bad grammar in the original post.

And you WILL be graded on grammar. Just don't grade Prevuze on grammar.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I no longer watch DOOL _ I just read Prevuze... it is far more entertaining... and if by some very strange chance Prevuze let's me know its getting interesting again, I'll tune in. In the meantime, Prevuze please continue to entertain as only you can!
Nancy

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have missed seeing any posts by Deb - have I missed a message or something?

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"John holds his cocktail glass against his forehead and gets a look on his face like he just got hit in the head with a Roger Clemens fastball." At least now that he's playing Jawn, Drake has more chances to do something other than just squint.

If Labe were considering going to the party shouldn't they get on over there before it's over?

I did like Tony's comment to Stefano "What are you going to do, shoot us?" HAHAHA

Great Prevuze! Thanks to you now that I'm back home I can zap thru most of my tapes in no time.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs