Friday, December 28, 2007

A Complicated Woman

Shawn and Belle smooch and giggle as they set up the New Year's party at the pub. Shawn tells Belle what he liked most about the Christmas party was when she got in Phillip's face, one of them anyway, and told him where to go. What Belle liked most about the party was when she stood there looking at Hope imagining her drowning in a vat of boiling eggnog.

Shawn is so proud of her. It made him feel so good to see her step up to the plate and give Phillip the bum's rush. His new year's resolution is to trust his beautiful wife completely. They hug as Belle remembers telling Phillip she couldn't bear it if he left. Then we move on to a flashback of the two cavorting behind Shawn's back.

Phillip watches through the window and gets a call from Chloe. She says someone is following her. She thinks it's the cops and she's about to be arrested.

EJ bounces Ali and hauls her around the room. What a recovery! Two days ago the guy couldn't walk. Stefano and Godzilla show up at the door with a pram, which normal people would call a baby carriage. Stefano announces he has come to take his grandson.

Sami runs up and screams at Lucas not to go. She begs. Lucas doesn't have time for it. Sami blubbers, "Give me five minutes to tell you I am sorry and I love you and I need you."

"Didn't you just tell me the same thing in five seconds," asks Lucas.

Chloe begs Phillip for help. He thinks she is overreacting. Phillip brushes her off and says he can recommend a lawyer if she is busted. Again he looks in at the display of affection in the pub.

Shawn wants to start over with a clean slate in '08. Caroline interrupts. She loves the decorations; she also needs Shawn to haul champagne from the walk-in. They leave. Belle repeats, "A new start..."

Phillip takes the opportunity and swoops in like a hungry vulture. Belle wants to know what he is doing there. Phillip says, "I just came by to wish you a happy new year... and to talk about our future."

Stefano introduces Godzilla. Godzilla grunts and stomps on a few things to acknowledge EJ. EJ wants to know why Stefano needs a professional bodyguard. Stefano isn't taking any chances. EJ refuses to let him take Johnny. Stefano follows him inside and makes a grab for the kid, but EJ tells him this is Ali, not Johnny. Godzilla stays outside and crushes things to pass the time.

Stefano says, "You scared me. I thought I was going to have to hurt you. I thought you were going to keep me from my grandson." EJ says Johnny is asleep and he doesn't think it's a good idea for Stefano to take him.

Sami begs. Kate interrupts. Lucas asks for a second. Kate leaves them as Lucas tells Sami his mind is made up. We get more apologies and begging from Sami. The begging turns in to sniveling and the sniveling turns in to groveling. Lucas says it's too late. Sami cries, "Why is it to late?"

Lucas says, "Because I've done something neither one of us can undo... Something I've gotta pay for."

Belle claims she and Phillip don't have a future. Phillip says he will dog her as long as he has to until he gets what he wants. Belle tells him to get out. Phillip refuses, "We both know what happens when I get close." He moves in, "Just like now. I wonder if that speech of yours at the party was meant to impress me or the Bradys."

Stefano and EJ argue about him taking Johnny and also EJ letting Sami go for Lucas. EJ wonders if Stefano takes Johnny if he would then whisk him away somewhere on a plane, "What's your real plan?"

Lucas rants about Sami marrying EJ. Sami goes beyond groveling. Then Lucas beats himself up for letting her marry EJ. He knew if she did that it was over forever. It was his job to protect her and he couldn't do it, "You know about the gun, don't you?"

Sami chokes, "Well... I know it was used... that night... in the shooting. You... didn't... do... it?"

"I lied to you," says Lucas, "I did do it. I shot EJ."

"GASP!"

Stefano wants to know what's happened to EJ. EJ wants him to answer his question about taking Johnny somewhere. Stefano thinks Sami is manipulating EJ. It pains him to see his son acting like a paid babysitter. EJ tells him it's his decision to do that, "If you take him I don't believe you will bring him back. That's not acceptable. Take your pram and leave. There is nothing for you here."

Sami thinks it can't be true that Lucas shot EJ. Lucas apologizes but says he lied and was trying to protect her. He says he snapped and decided he had to do something. He describes getting the gun and then putting away, but in the end he decided it wasn't possible to stop the wedding without violence. So he shot EJ.

Belle doesn't want Shawn finding Phillip there. Phillip persists. He says he knows Belle wants him. Belle says, "I want to be Shawn's wife and I want us to spend all the Days Of Our Lives together." Phillip says he won't leave until Belle admits she made a mistake marrying Shawn. Belle refuses. Phillip takes her hand and holds it up to his heart. Then he puts their hands on her heart, "It's in your heart, not in your head."

"There is nothing in my head," says Belle, "except for the voices." Belle admits she is attracted to him.

Phillip thinks it's more than that. He knows she loves him as much as he loves her, "Belle, it's just us now. You don't have to pretend."

Belle tells him she loves Shawn, "I especially love the way his hands feel when he runs them all over my body. You're not the only man who makes my heart beat fast. Now get out."

Shawn interrupts, "Phillip! What are you doing here?"

Stefano can't believe EJ is showing such disrespect, "It is ill advised." EJ asks if he is threatening as he gets a phone call.

Kate bellows into her phone, "Did you help Sami find us?" She lectures him. EJ tells her this is not a good time. He tells her he's taking care of the twins and hangs up. He turns to Stefano, "You were saying?"

Stefano rants, "I was saying I always counted on you to be a good soldier. When you failed I gave you the benefit of the doubt. But there comes a time when a man must make hard decisions. The time for that is now for you. You will either be a good son or the enemy. There is no in between."

Sami thinks Lucas has started a whole new war with the DiMeras by shooting EJ. Lucas says they won't come after Sami or the kids. He starts to put his arms around her, "I did this because I love you."

Sami stows her sniveling, whining, groveling, snot-snorting personality and pulls out her nasty, vindictive, hateful, snot-snorting personality, "DON'T TOUCH ME!"

Shawn says Belle doesn't want Phillip. Phillip makes the understatement of the year, "She's a complicated woman."

"She's a cornucopia of complicated women," says Shawn, "You'd better get out before I go over there and start pounding my face against the bar." Phillip leaves.

Belle, feeling that she may be losing her grip as the center of attention, decides this is all her fault.

Phillip stands outside the pub and gets another call from Chloe. She says she's at the police station. Phillip tells her to keep her mouth shut and he will be there.

Stefano thinks EJ is treating him as if he is the enemy. He demands to see Johnny D. EJ wants to know what Stefano will do if he refuses, "Finish your threat. Are you going to do to me what you did to Renée?"

"I'm not telling you," says Stefano, "The Phoenix shall surprise again."

Sami says Lucas can't make it better by putting his arms around her. Kate interrupts, "Lucas, it's time to go. Don't throw things away for a woman who will need another man all the time. Do you know how she found us? EJ helped her. And right now he's back at the apartment taking care of the twins." Sami claims she had no choice but to leave them with EJ.

Phillip arrives at the cop shop. Roman leads him into his office where Chloe is singing like a canary. Phillip reminds her he told her not to talk which, for Chloe, is a near impossibility. Roman introduces inspector Clark from the Austrian consulate. Clark is there to arrest Chloe on behalf of the Viennese police.

Belle whimpers and says she made a really big mistake. She says they can't move on until it's in the open. She opens her copy of Bartlett's Familiar Quotations to the Mimi Lockhart section and reads, "There is something I need to tell you and should have told you weeks ago."

Stefano sighs and says this is a dark day. He didn't think EJ would turn on him. EJ says in many ways Stefano was a wonderful father. He's not denying him access to Johnny, but he's just being careful. He won't let Stefano see Johnny without him being there. Stefano is sorry they are at an impasse, "This hurts me more than I can say, but I think you know when the chips are down, watch out. I intend to win. You can keep the pram. Consider it a gift."

"I'd rather have a baby carriage," says EJ. He stops Stefano from leaving, "I know the DiMeras have a lot of skeletons in the closet."

"Not as many as those girls over at the Theta house," says Stefano.

"Don't take my son," says EJ, "You understand what I'm saying?"

Sami says she will never understand Lucas shooting EJ. Sirens wail in the background. Kate tells him it's now or never. Sami mocks, "Take the easy way out – that will make your son proud."

Stefano asks, "Now who's making threats? That's number two in as many days."

EJ stands his ground, "Am I clear?"

Stefano explodes, "You are an ingrate! Turncoat! Pram-rejecter! "

"You raised me a DiMera," says EJ, "And as you know, that makes for a very dangerous enemy." Stefano leaves. Godzilla stomps behind him. EJ exhales.

Sami tucks her nasty, vindictive personality away and calls her groveling, whining, sniveling personality back into action. She apologizes for hurting Lucas and gives up and says Kate is right... he should go. Lucas says he loves her and turns to leave. Too late. Roman comes up with his bevy of screws. Kate begs for ten minutes and a running start. Hard-hearted Roman rejects her pleas. He arrests Lucas, "You have a right to remain silent, which would be a miracle..."

Phillip and Chloe are alone in Roman's office. He asks if Chloe is ready to tell him the truth. Finally, Chloe the whiner is back in town. She says men broke into their apartment and they grabbed Brady and tied him up. They left her alone. Brady somehow cut his hand in the struggle and then they took him. She didn't call the cops. She wanted to but they had been fighting and she thought if the cops saw the blood, she would be the suspect.

Phillip is disgusted, "So you were protecting yourself. Nice."

Chloe claims initially she was, but now she is protecting Brady, "I went door-to-door looking for him – Vienna is a small city – and then I got a warning to back off or I would never see him again. I hated not being able to go to the police, but she knew you were the only person who could help me. So my master plan was to come to Salem, and throw myself at you because I'm so desperate to find Brady. That didn't work, so now I'm begging for your help. I would do anything for you."

Phillip scoffs, "What do you have to offer?"

Chloe lowers her head, "Nothing... for you."

The part of Phillip's brain that isn't smeared across the racetrack has a brainstorm, "Maybe there is something you could do..."

Belle stammers and whines, "It was just one time and then it was over. I just thought we could go on with our lives and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..."

Shawn is as impatient as we are, "Just tell me."

"I cheated on you," cries Belle, "I slept with Phillip." Well, the aforementioned smooching and giggling is pretty much a thing of the past.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Prevuze! Love Bulldog's poem picture. And lol about Vienna being s small city and the Mimi Lockhart playbook.

ps. That type of carriage is called a pram in England... not that Stefano's from England or anything...

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I cheated on you," cries Belle, "I slept with Phillip." Well, the aforementioned smooching and giggling is pretty much a thing of the past.

Glad I hadn't taken that drink of coffee!

Somebody post some spoilers today, please!!!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

"I'm not telling you" says Stefano. "The Phoenix will surprise again." LOL!

Belle admits to Shawn she slept with Phillip...I hope this turns out to be a good scene! Can't wait for Monday's Prevuze!!!

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucas rants about Sami marrying EJ. Sami goes beyond groveling. Then Lucas beats himself up for letting her marry EJ. He knew if she did that it was over forever.

Blah, blah, blah, blah. This whole exchange could be a flash back because of the writers’ strike but, no, this was written before the strike. This is supposed to be new material? Give the viewers a break or we’ll go on strike.

Belle admits she is attracted to him.

At least, Belle didn’t tell Phillip she had feelings for him, which makes Sami the uncontested victor of the year end Morris Albert “Feelings” Award.

It sounds like Stefano is about to disown EJ but will he cut his monthly stipend? EJ could on the brink of becoming just another Salem resident living a lavish life style with no visible source of income. I guess it’s just a matter of time before Grandpa makes off with his grandson. By the way Prevuze, is Godzilla scarier than EJ’s physical therapist?

Actually, this sounds like a really good episode. Great comments and photos!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

How many of you want to place bets right now that Sami will turn on Lucas for shooting EJ.

Not that I care at this point who Sami ends up with, since it seems we aren't going to get any decision on that any time soon.

And I agree Prevuze, what a REMARKABLE recovery EJ has had. From "I'm going to kill myself because I'll never walk again" to walking, running, and perfect posture in less than a month.
Wow.
And yet, you stay in the hospital for 2 weeks after being locked in a freezer.

Kristi I have spoilers but they aren't really anything we don't already know or haven't figured out already.

Lucas tells Sami that he shot EJ, and later he's arrested!
Well at least he'll still be in town

EJ learns that Stefano plans to have Lucas dealt with. Since the Salem PD does such a wonderful job punishing criminals, it might work.

Belle finally tells Shawn the truth about her and Phillip, and he says it's over!Hope will be so happy!

Chloe tells Phillip the truth about what happened to Brady.Chloe? Truth? Somehow those words just don't seem to fit in the same sentence

Roman finds information on the necklace in the photo of John and his mother. Sigh, I wonder if we will know anything before the scripts run out

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Prevuze II today? :(

8:08 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Bulldog was rockin' today. LOL at Mickey's ornament and the great I Felta ditty.

Funny Prevuisms too: Stefano introduces Godzilla. Godzilla grunts and stomps on a few things to acknowledge EJ. …Godzilla stays outside and crushes things to pass the time.

And the one that would have caused a spit-take if I had been foolish enough to have anything in my mouth while reading Prevuze: Shawn, "You'd better get out before I go over there and start pounding my face against the bar." I always get a laugh out of that imagery.

This whole exchange could be a flash back because of the writers’ strike but, no, this was written before the strike. This is supposed to be new material? Leslie - I was skimming my new SOD last night and they had an article on the strike. I haven't read it all, but one thing caught my eye. One of the strikers said that some soap scripts are being "re-written" by scabs or guild members forgoing their membership. The striker went on to bemoan what was happening to some of the characters & storylines she was responsible for. Maybe that is what's happening to DAYS and why we are getting so many flashbacks lately.

DAYS was the champion of flashbacks a year or so ago, but they had gotten better since Reilly left. It seems we are "back to the future" on that score.

Thank goodness Prevuze can make anything bearable!

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone else have deja vu over Sami's bawling and groveling with Lucas? From Prevuze' description it was nearly the same scene when Austin dumped her in Vegas. If only I had pictures from that, what a great recycled scipt photo opportunity!

I can't imagine Stefano would walk in and expect to take Johnny. You know he'd be smarter than that and just have him kidnapped.

I loved Hope drowning in a vat of boiling eggnog and Jr. getting even with Phil by banging his head on the bar. HAHAHA

Great Prevuze today!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

No Prevuze II today? :(

The video is up. It wouldn't post this morning so I also put it on YouTube, but then I tried one more time and got it to go through.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Since I had to mess around with YouTube this morning, I posted Belle's full tearful confession to Shawn there. If you are interested you can click here to see it.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

Oooooooh...thanks for the YouTube link, Prevuze! You rock!

9:11 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Loved Lexie's hoodie, the vat of boiling egg nog, Mickey's ornament, the voices in Belle's head, Sami's two snot-snorting personalities, the part of Philip's brain that's not smeared on the racetrack ... OMG!!! I was having a horrible day until I read PREVUZE -- I only wish I'd signed on sooner!!!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

something is happening here... think about it - all this week we have watched Days (well some of us, anyway... LOL!) and it has been a whole lot of nothing! Really, besides Chloe and maybe the start of a new Marlena story - it's all been yada yada yada! I think the strike has truly affected the show.
It took ALL WEEK for Lucas to make his way to the airport - yet Max and Chelsea can dig up the ground, change a water heater (including hookups), stuff a dead body inside it - carry it up a set of stairs - while Billie and Old Man Decker argue and then the court issues a search warrant and the police are already involved in the search!
And let's not forget - wasn't just yesterday Roman said he talked to the police in Austria and they faxed over questions for him to ask Chloe? And now the Austrian police are there- in Salem, to arrest her?
WOW... what a time warp! But then again - this is Salem... Mind boggling!
Would someone just slap Belle? Why can't anyone in Salem - just eave things well enough alone? Now Shawn will force Belle into Phillips arms, (yummy!) and here we go again. "Round and around... where this storyline ends, no one knows!!!!"

Thanks Prevuze for a GREAT day!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

OMG!!! I was having a horrible day until I read PREVUZE -- I only wish I'd signed on sooner!!!

Wow. That's the kind of post that makes us keep coming back and doing this crazy thing. If we can brighten just one person's day, I guess we've accomplished our purpose. Hope your day keeps getting better, cfish.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

That's the kind of post that makes us keep coming back and doing this crazy thing.

Well, that and people snorting liquid out their noses when they read something funny.

10:38 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Somebody help me out, here --

Is the guy playing Crawford Decker the same guy who hosted the game show "Supermarket Sweep" back in the (I think) 80's? From what I remember of that guy, Crawford kind of looks like him -- much older, of course, but similar. Anybody know for sure?

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the kind of post that makes us keep coming back and doing this crazy thing.

Well, that and people snorting liquid out their noses when they read something funny.


It would appear that Prevuze has stock in Dell. Think of all the liquid soaked keyboards and monitors that have had to be replaced as the direct result of reading Prevuze. The number has got to be incalculable because there are liquid spewing gems in each installment. Keep up the good work Prevuze.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Is the guy playing Crawford Decker the same guy who hosted the game show "Supermarket Sweep" back in the (I think) 80's?

John Sanderford Plays Crawford Decker. IMDB does not show that he had any connection with any of the many versions of Supermarket Sweep, which dates back to the 60's and even had a British version. The TV show has had multiple hosts, but the one you are probably thinking of is David Ruprecht who, in my opinion, does bear a strong resemblance to Sanderford.

2:23 PM  
Blogger *Tricia* said...

how sad...think of everyone in the salem community that was forced to watch lexie carver parade around town in that dreadful hoodie...musta been on sale in salem square

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs