Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Coupon-Cutting Suburban Siren

Maggie sarcophagizes. She sees well-done, barbequed, smokin' Victor lying on the floor and he sees Vivian towering over him.

Doug and Julie are at the prison all bouncy and happy to see Hope. They're also wearing matching outfits. Hope asks if they've talked to Bo. Julie misinterprets and wants to know what's up with scumbag Bo.

Nicole and EJ are still by the pier. Nicole asks him to let her in Sydney's life. "If I didn't let Samantha in, why would I do that for you," asks EJ.

"For one thing," says Nicole, "I didn't shoot you in the head."

"And Samantha didn't fake a pregnancy," says EJ.

Sami and Rafe stand amidst flowers, lights and a few sneezing guests who are allergic to tons of flowers. The virgin bride walks down the aisle. So does Sami.

The ceremony begins. Blitherin' bawlin' Sami breaks down. The twelfth wedding really gets to you.

Hope asks about Doug and Julie's outfits and they announce they are going steady. She says Bo has been coming so much they've restricted his visits. She also tells them not to worry about her. Julie says they have to since the holidays are coming. She removes her foot from her mouth and apologizes.

EJ and Nicole continue to go through the "why did Nicole go to Sami and EJ first" routine. Nicole continues to ask EJ to do what is best for Sydney. EJ promises he will, and walks off.

Sami blubbers away. Rafe tells her she's making him the happiest man on earth by wearing a dress that's so low cut. Sami continues to worry, "What if I go to prison? It would take a miracle to get me out of this."

Sami finally straightens up and decides whatever she has to face, she wants to face as Rafe's wife.

Vivian taunts Victor Skewerakis. "The last wish of a dying man," begs Victor, "Shut up."

"You were enticed by a coupon-cutting suburban siren," says Vivian.

Sami rejpairs he mascara-streaked face, does the bipolar bossa-nova and decides this is the happiest day of her life.

EJ and Nicole get back to the DiMera mansion. Different setting... same conversation. EJ tells her to leave and hustles into the rumpus room. Nicole follows. She says he walks away when he knows he's wrong and hates admitting it. EJ tells her what she is doing doesn't serve her purpose. She reminds him when she was really pregnant they each loved the child and each other.


Finally, the wedding ceremony starts. The minister says, "Although we are not in a traditional church, we are still in the presence of God, and these infernal allergy-inflaming flowers He created."

EJ tells Nicole his entire life has been a lie. Nicole tells him he has been emotional, irrational and stupid. "What is stupid," says EJ, "is talking to me like that when you want something."

"What is stupid," says Nicole, "is talking to you, period." She says EJ needs her for balance. "Nobody will ever need you in their life for balance," says EJ. Nicole contends he knows she is right.

Hope says Bo will be bringing Ciara to see her on Thanksgiving. The Bobbsey Twins say they will be there, too.

The warden joins Leigh in the infirmary. Leigh tells her Hope has visitors. The warden says that's OK as long as the visitor isn't Bo, "For now, we're stuck with Hope... unless she steps out of line and then I can do what I want with her."

Vivian raises a knife and Maggie screams for Victor to watch out.

Brady rushes in and saves Victor. Inside the sarcophagus, Maggie swoons.

Here's a switch, Nicole thinks EJ is wrong and EJ thinks he isn't. EJ tells her to get out again. "I've been barking up the wrong tree," says Nicole, "You're not afraid of me being part of Sydney's life... you're afraid of me being part of yours."

Rafe recites vows he has written all on his own, "Pi r squared... but your boobs certainly aren't."

Victor slowly lifts the lid and sees unconscious Maggie.

Julie says, "Hope, we are (say it with her) here for you." Doug thinks there is something Hope isn't telling her. The guard announces she's leaving.

"Thanks, Mimi," says Doug. The pair explains they have bribed Mimi to give them some private time. Family hug.

Sami has written her vows, too. She says Rafe is her Hero. Translation: Rhymes with zero. "You will always (say it with her) be there for me. That's you. Remember when I made you feel my stomach when Sydney was kicking, and you missed the target and felt a lot higher? That's when I started falling in love with you. I am so lucky your heart chose all my personalities to fall in love with. No matter what happens I couldn't get through it without you."

Victor shakes Maggie as Vivian insists Maggie is dead. Victor finds a pulse, and then tries finding one on Maggie.

Mimi takes Hope back to the infirmary. Hope sees Leigh and remembers talking to the warden about her. Leigh snaps Hope out of her funk and asks how things went. Hope says she's trying to figure how to make Thanksgiving bearable this year. She asks if Leigh's family visits. Leigh says they live too far away, and wants to know why Hope is so interested in them.

EJ says Nicole is delusional. Nicole thinks all the feelings from when they were married... and the scent of foam rubber... will come back for EJ. She insists she didn't make a fool of him back when she made a fool of him. "I know you love Johnny and Sydney, but that's only a part of your happiness. If you go on like this you'll end up lonely and sad."

"And if you go on like this you'll end up sitting on your arse outside," says EJ.

The minister says, "I will now read a passage from the Bible."

"From the what," asks Sami.

Hope backs off and says she was out of line asking about Leigh's family. Leigh says she doesn't think Hope was being nosy, "But in prison, don't get too close to anyone. We only get one shower a week."

Victor apologizes for taking so long to get to Maggie. He tells her he loves her. Maggie conks out again. Vivian cackles with laughter.

The minister says, "Please face each other and take each other's hands... I said her HANDS, Mr. Hernandez..."

Nicole thinks EJ can't trust himself around her, "Don't worry, your virtue is safe around me."

"It's been so long since I got any, I think I got my virtue back," says EJ, "but I don't' want to talk about this."

"OK," says Nicole, "Kick me out, but you will think about what I said whether you want to or not."

"Keep telling yourself that," says EJ. He gets a call, "What about Samantha?" He gasps... "They're doing what?"

Rafe and Sami say, "I do."

EJ hangs up the phone and throws a glass across the room, "DAMN THAT WOMAN! That glass she just made me ruin was part of my best set of crystal."


Previews
========

Brady asks, "Do you hear what I'm saying to you, old woman?" Vivian says, "I'm sorry but if this old woman is taking a rap, everyone's going down with me!"

Hope says, "You're not getting away with this, Leigh."

Sami wrestles with EJ, "You bastard!"

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze


7 Comments:

Anonymous Bulldog said...

Oh I can't wait to see the Bobbsey Twins' outfits!

Hope says, "You're not getting away with this, Leigh." Getting away with what?? Not telling you all her business?

So far all Hope can come up with is Leigh hid the fact she was a doctor. It was still Hope who stopped the gurney on the way to the hospital to promise the girl with the bursting appendix she'd be OK. If anyone delayed anything it was Hope. HA

Rafe tells her she's making him the happiest man on earth by wearing a dress that's so low cut. Really! When Sami bent over to talk to Allie we almost saw more of Sami than we ever have before if that's possible.

Loved Victor finds a pulse, and then tries finding one on Maggie and Nicole thinks all the feelings from when they were married...and the scent of foam rubber...will come back for EJ.

Thanks for saving me this afternoon, Prevuze. Since I'm stuck at the office it's still a preview to me.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Teresa said...

I have to admit, you always make me smile, sometimes even giggle but today you had me laughing so hard my co-workers wanted in on the action.

I cannot decide what is best: Sami doing the "bi-polar bossa nova" or the minister's "and these infernal allergy-inflaming flowers He created"!

Thanks for making work (and DOOL) bearable and I hope you have a great Turkey Day!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

She sees well-done, barbequed, smokin' Victor lying on the floor.

…and trussed for the holiday season. How appropriate! LOL!!!

Sami breaks down. The twelfth wedding really gets to you.

Yet another opportunity for Sami to test the strength of her water-proof mascara. Geez!

Rafe tells her she's making him the happiest man on earth by wearing a dress that's so low cut.

You think?!!! I bet they had to use two-sided tape to keep the girls from popping out.

She says EJ needs her for balance. "Nobody will ever need you in their life for balance," says EJ.

There is no one more unbalanced than Nicole.

Rafe recites vows he has written all on his own, "Pi r squared... but your boobs certainly aren't."

…and

Sami has written her vows, too. She says Rafe is her Hero. Translation: Rhymes with zero.

Of all the Salem wedding vows, Safe's were by far the most stupid. In fact, it was no contest. Not even the Tea Party vote could put them higher on the list. When Sami compared Rafe to Harrison Ford, the “golly gosh darn” look on Rafe’s face was downright laughable. A more apt comparison to Rafe would have been Benny Hill.

She insists she didn't make a fool of him back when she made a fool of him.

You think part deux?!!! If Nicole believes that statement, she truly is delusional.

Trotting Doug and Julie out in those alarmingly similar outfits was kind of silly. Mope-a-dope-a-Hope must get more visitors than the rest of the prison population but together, so the warden has good reason to suspicious of her. Then again, who gives flying fig?

Thanks Prevuze for your recap of a turkey of an episode! My apologies to turkeys everywhere.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

You think?!!! I bet they had to use two-sided tape to keep the girls from popping out.

That dress is so low cut I'm sure a few boys are popping out, if you catch my drift.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous TNChargerFan said...

I know budgets are tight, but couldn't they have sprung for another yard of material so that Sami could actually move in her dress without fear of raising the rating from TV14 to TVMA? And why on earth did the makeup people think that was a flattering hairstyle, especially for a wedding? I usually resort to a hat when my hair looks like that. All in all, a truly pathetic wedding. I changed the channel during all of the wedding scenes.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

When Sami compared Rafe to Harrison Ford OMG, did she really? In no way could I suffer thru the wedding vows last night. My zapper got a major workout. My admiration for Prevuze suffering thru it doubled after yesterday's.
HA

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

When Sami compared Rafe to Harrison Ford OMG, did she really?

It gets better Bulldog. When Sami anointed Rafe a hero, she not only compared him to Harrison Ford but also to a superhero - Batman!! The very cartoonish dark knight no less! LOL!! Talk about being sappy. I was waiting for a pumpkin coach drawn by four white horses to wisk them away. This was truly zap worthy stuff.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs