Monday, November 22, 2010

A Tailspin

We are back at the Hernandez Hovel, a.k.a. Sami's Slobberhaus or the Brady Bawlatorium and Sami is... blubbering that she and Rafe can't get married today. Rafe assures her they can. I remain confused, having read the Guy Manual cover to cover, and I'm sure it says conversations like this usually are the other way around, with the guy insisting they can't get married. I'll have to check that section again.

Victor is in the Kiriakis den wondering what Vivian has done to Maggie, "She couldn't have... yes, she could've."

Inside the sarcophagus, Maggie calls for Victor.

Chad paces in the rumpus room and picks up a knife/letter-opener. Stefano comes in and Chad stashes the shiv.

Nicole and EJ are at the pier. Nicole wonders if she should have trusted EJ. She asks if she will have a place in Sydney's life. EJ asks why she tired to make a deal with Samantha.

Sami continues to fall apart and asks if Rafe has a plan. Plans are for wimps... so Rafe has a plan.

Victor calls for Vivian over the bluetooth. She lounges with her facial mudpack on as Victor says he's thinking of letting her out. Vivian bolts upright.

Pollyanna Sami just knows Rafe has a plan. He tells her it won't solve all of their problems. In fact, Rafe's plans usually don't solve any problems.

Kate excuses herself to check on Melanie at the hospital. Chad tells Stefano if the job is still open he'd like it. Stefano agrees, "You start Monday and I'll teach you how to be more decisive." Chad pulls the knife and Stefano cells him to get rid of it. Chad says they have something to settle between them.

EJ rages at Nicole for going to Sami first. Nicole makes excuses and reminds him Sami hates him more than she hates her, "I mean, she shot you." She assures EJ she was going to include him in visitation arrangements she made with Sami.

EJ isn't sympathetic. He also brings up the fact that Rafe got the last taped confession — the one of him confessing about the Sydnapping. He figures Nicole was going to give the camera to Nicole, "You give me one reason why I shouldn't throw you in this river right now."

Rafe sits Sami on the couch and talks to her like she's a junior high school kid. Sami is flattered he's treating her at that high of a mental level. He says he wants to be in this together with her, "Plus, you have other problems besides EJ."

Victor wonders why Vivian is silent. Vivian breathes into a paper bag and suggests he just leave her where she is. Then she threatens to go to the police. Victor gets it and heads for the mausoleum. Vivian calls Gus and tells him Victor is getting suspicious.

Nicole calms EJ down and says she went to Sami first because she thought it would be better for Sydney. EJ ramps the rage back up and Nicole assures him as soon as she got a foot in the door she was going straight back to EJ. She admits going to Sami first was wrong, "I don't know what you saw in her."

"A couple things," says EJ, "Big things."

Rafe says Bo said he's going to arrest Sami if he has to. Sami says if she's going to prison there is no way she's handing EJ her kids, "He'd be more expensive than most other babysitters."

Victor enters the mausoleum. Maggie watches as he fiddles around the sarcophagus. He pulls on the lever to open it.

Kate comes back into the rumpus room and gasps when she sees the knife. Chad says he doesn't want to kill Stefano, "I just want some blood."

"Why?"

"Vampires are all the rage right now," says Chad.

Rafe says the cops only have circumstantial evidence on Sami. He reminds her if she marries him, they can't make him testify against her. So much for true love. Sami says she isn’t sure she should get out of this, "I'm tired of running scared and asking you and Will to cover for me."

"I cover for you because I love you," says Rafe, "And because I get some occasionally." He moves in and tries to make this one of those occasions. He says they will be strong and beat EJ, "So take my hand and say you will be mine and we will go through this together." Sami hugs and says yes, "Marrying you is the wedding of my dreams... anytime... anyplace..."

"I want to spend all the Days Of Our Lives making you happy," says Rafe.

Stefano wants an explanation. Chad tells him about the birth certificate. Stefano says any two-bit con man can create a fake birth certificate. He orders Chad to leave, but Chad refuses. He insists he isn't trying to scam him and pulls out the certificate. Stefano looks at it and says it's a really good forgery. Chad asks if Stefano had an affair with Madeline. "No," says Stefano, "It's not an affair when you pay."

Nicole says she was desperate to replace the baby she lost and then found out about Sami's pregnancy, "I risked everything. And I know Sydney belongs with you."

Sami decides they should celebrate tonight and worry about other things tomorrow, "We will have a wonderful wedding and all be together." Rafe is on board with that. He leaves to set things up. The upcoming Royal Wedding won't be able to hold a candle to this extravaganza.

Victor continues to pry at the sarcophagus. Gus comes up behind him, "Say goodnight, Victor."

Victor turns around, "Goodnight, Victor." Gus jams a taser in Victor's back. "Don't tase me, bro," begs Victor.

"I'm not going to tase you," says Gus, "I'm from the TSA."

"OMG," says Victor, "Don't touch my junk!"

"Then I have to tase you," says Gus.

ZAP!

Kate suggests both Stefano and Chad get tested.

Sami announces to her kids that she and Rafe are getting married tonight. Johnny asks if he can call Rafe daddy. "In your case," says Sami, " and in fact for all my kids, we're not sure which one you should call daddy." She says anything else they have to talk about can wait until tomorrow. Family hug.

Kate, Stefano and Chad are at the hospital. They walk past the Hazmat guys and discuss the outbreak of Guatemala Fever. Stefano goes over to speak to the nurse about a DNA test. She tells him the lab is closed, and a doctor has to order the test. Stefano pulls out a wad-o-cash and suggests the nurse can draw blood herself. The nurse grabs the cash and a hypo. She hauls Chad off.

Nicole says, "My life went into a tailspin when you and I broke up. Then I saw Sydney again and all those memories came back, along with the scent of foam rubber. And you will get her back. I am not threatening you, but I am asking... will you let me be a part of her life?"

Rafe is at the pub. He tells Gabi to put on a nice dress for his wedding. The Gabster reminds him they just buried Arianna. "Well, I'm not inviting her," says Rafe. He says what happened to Arianna was not Sami's fault. Rafe pours it on, "Life is too short... I love Sami... and I might not get any tonight if we're not married. It would mean the world to me if you are there."

Caroline shows up at the Hernandez Hovel. She's all happy-happy about the wedding. She gives Sami bric-a-brac for the ceremony, as well as a boatload of platitudes.

Maggie sees Victor lying on the floor. Tased and well-done. Victor sees Vivian walk in, "I'm alive and kicking, Victor."

Nicole plays the Sydney card, "Think about her... I may be the only mother she has for a while... do it for Sydney."

We're either in a flower shop or at the wedding. Sami hands Sydney off to Will as the minister steps up. "So," asks Rafe, "Are you ready to get married?"

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze


4 Comments:

Anonymous Bulldog said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA...got the biggest laugh from Prevuze since, well, I don't remember but I'm still laughing over "Don't taze me, bro," begs Victor.

"I'm not going to tase you," says Gus, "I'm from the TSA."

"OMG," says Victor, "Don't touch my junk!"


Prevuze has sharp eyes. When I watched the episode I couldn't figure out why Victor just slumped over like he did. At least that makes sense now.

My second biggest laugh:The upcoming Royal Wedding won't be able to hold a candle to this extravaganza. YEAH! Did you see the twinkle lights in the trees, candles (Smokey the Bear would not approve) and a complete florist shop?

What about Pard? Bo? They didn't even wait for any of the rest of the Brady Bunch to get there?

Excellent recap today. I don't even care if it's late - I'm still the first to comment. This is as rare as Safe having any intelligent ideas.

Look forward to tomorrow's!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

We are back at the Hernandez Hovel, a.k.a. Sami's Slobberhaus or the Brady Bawlatorium.

Super alliteration Prevuze!!! LOL!!!!

Nicole wonders if she should have trusted EJ.

The answer to that question is a resounding “no”. EJ has a tendency to get mad and even.

In fact, Rafe's plans usually don't solve any problems.

Rafe’s last plan – infecting Nicole’s laptop with a virus – worked really well – not!!!

"I don't know what you saw in her."

"A couple things," says EJ, "Big things."

If Sami applied for a job at Hooters, they’d give her a signing bonus.

He reminds her if she marries him, they can't make him testify against her. So much for true love.

Give me a break!!! If Rafe had to testify, he’d be pleading the fifth. Being an accessory after the fact would land him in the slammer along with Sami.

"Don't tase me, bro," begs Victor.

"I'm not going to tase you," says Gus, "I'm from the TSA."

"OMG," says Victor, "Don't touch my junk!"

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to the guard that Victor posted? Hopefully, Gus didn’t give him an illegal pat-down.

The Gabster reminds him they just buried Arianna. "Well, I'm not inviting her," says Rafe.

Well at least Gabi doesn’t lack a sense of propriety.

I’m with you on the wedding Bulldog. I expect that Smokey the Bear will be showing up and issuing his warning – “Only you can prevent forest fires”. Unfortunately, it’s going to take more than Smokey to stop the wedding disaster of the decade.

Thanks for the hilarious recap Prevuze!!!!!!!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

I remain confused, having read the Guy Manual cover to cover, and I'm sure it says conversations like this usually are the other way around, with the guy insisting they can't get married. I'll have to check that section again.

Given his past actions, I don’t believe anyone has given this poor slob a Guy Manual. I’d suggest it as the perfect wedding present, but that would kind of be like bolting the barn door after….you catch my drift.

Some of the best prevuisms ever - the Gus/Victor exchange, Prevuze-style, and Rafe ‘splaining to Gabi that he wasn’t inviting the recently buried Arianna to the wedding. Also, plans are for wimps and along with a faint whiff of foam rubber. I always love to be reminded of the classics.

Unless EJicole’s argument and the wedding were taking place in two separate universes either the wedding was planned and staged in about 20 minutes or else EJicole were arguing for a couple of hours. ( I know it seemed that way since the discussion was a re-hash of a re-hash, but still…)

Left the reading of this masterpiece for the AM to be enjoyed along with my coffee. I got a taste of what was to come last night after reading Prevuze post-show tweets on Twitter. I have to point out something both Prevuze and I noticed and is one of my perennial, personal gripes about the West coast writers. It’s the end of November. Salem is supposedly in the upper Midwest. Yesterday evening it was 40 degrees outside, kinda warm for this time of the year if truth be told. Would have been colder yet up where Salem supposedly resides. Yet there is Sami in a strapless wedding gown. Outside in the woods. REALLY??

Thanks to Prevuze I have my morning snark and can get on with the rest of my day.

Word verification: whebr Maybe for the reception Rafe will throw a few hot dogs on the whebr grill and they can down them with some brewskies.

7:09 AM  
Blogger ilovebabyquilts said...

LOL at "don't tase me bro!" and "it's illegal to throw trash in the river". Best recap yet!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs