Monday, January 18, 2010

I've Been Snubbed By A Smurfette

Kate looks over a wedding magazine at the Java Café. Vivian joins her and asks if she plans to let this daughter-in-law live, "That would be a good thing to do. You know my son doesn't forgive..."

Kate grabs her arm and yanks it, "Don't you refer to him as your son ever again!"

Nathan stumbles up to the nurses station. Maxine says they didn't expect him to come after the funeral, "Dr. Knapp has taken your shift."

"What," stammers Nathan, "I didn't ask Dr. Knapp to take over for me."

Super-efficient administrator Stephanie "Buttinski" Johnson walks up, "I did."

Bo is at the Kiriakis mansion. Phillip asks him to be in the wedding.

Carly comes in to see student nurse Melanie because Daniel is out performing one of his miracles. She gives her the forms to fill out for a sabbatical.

As she does this, Carly flashes back to telling Bo Melanie hates her. Carly zones out. Melanie breaks the zonification, "Why are you staring at me like that?"

Vivian is now with Gus at the Java Café, "If that little twit had broken the skin I'd have to get a rabies shot." She rants about Carly's spawn.

Phillip tells Bo Lucas will be the best man so he won't have much to do, "Lucas will be in charge of sucker punching anyone who shows up without an invitation." Bo is reluctant. Phillip makes the pitch, "Melanie has had a tough life. She didn't have much of a family and I want her to see my brothers welcome her into the family when she walks down the aisle."

"Wow," says Bo, "Only a jerk would turn you down after that spiel. So, I'm sorry, but I have to turn you down."

Melanie gives Carly a look of discomfort, "It's weird being stared at by a murderess."

"Good strategy," says Carly, "Alienate the person who can do a favor for you."

Melanie starts to fill out the form, "OK... let's see... Birthday! That's an easy one..."

"Birthday" must be the magic word. Carly flashes back to Melanie's birth. She lies in her hospital bed and hyperventilates. Nurses come in as Carly yells in pain. Lawrence backs them off, "NO PAIN KILLER!" The nurses leave and Lawrence moves in on Carly, "I know you would want it that way. I know you want a natural birth. AS for me... I just like hearing you scream."

Carly continues to zombify. Melanie asks, "Are you OK?"

Maggie and Melissa arrive back home. "You know what got to me most," asks Melissa, "The stories and the laughter. Funerals are such a riot." They reminisce about Mickey. Maggie asks for a cup of tea. Melissa leaves as Maggie weeps and looks at a picture of her and Mick.

Nathan says he's grateful for what Stephanie did. Stephanie says she has a surprise for him, "Follow me."

Bo is exasperated, "Phillip, our marriage is over."

Phillip can't believe Bo and Hope are history. Bo tells him he's with Carly now. Phillip says he can't invite her to the wedding.

Melanie wonders why Carly keeps staring at her, "The way you are looking at me almost looks like a symptom of the 'long lost child syndrome' we see so much of on this show." Her discomfort level rises, "Well... I have something to do — stay away from the crazy lady." Melanie runs out.

Carly flashes back again. Lawrence taunts as Carly writhes in pain, "Don't worry. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere." He gets her hand in a vice-grip, "Remember your breathing..."

Outside, Melanie finds Kate. Kate wants to talk about the wedding. Melanie brushes her off and leaves. Kate's jaw hits the floor, "I've been snubbed by a Smurfette."

Maxine overhears Kate, "I've had that same feeling after talking to her. Either that or the feeling I've been talking directly to Satan. Only Maggie Horton can get through to that girl."

Phillip says he wants the wedding to be about Melanie, not family drama.

Bo tells him Hope found out about his indiscretion in at the worst time and in the worst way. "True," says Phillip, "And Carly and Melanie don't really get along."

"Oh," says Bo, "You noticed."

Vivian comes in and sees the two dolts talking. Bo notices her also as Vivian positions herself outside the door to listen in. Bo continues, "If you're asking if Carly and I are serious..." Bo flashes back to Carly vowing to keep the secret from Vivian. He is aware Vivian is listening, "Yeah it's serious with us. I'm the reason she came back to Salem. The relationship we had never ended. We've been in love for a long time. We still are." Vivian shakes her head.

Lawrence coaches and taunts in the flashback, "Focus, Carly, so we can start are lives all over again."

SCREAM!!! POP!

Presto-changeo... It's a baby. Lawrence plays catcher, "Carly, it's a beautiful little baby girl. Popped right out all cleaned up and everything. It's a miracle."

Stephanie and Nathan are at the pub. She gives him a large envelope. "It's the best surprise I ever had," says Nathan, "I'll add it to my envelope collection."

Maggie takes Melissa to the door and asks her to call when she "gets there," wherever "there" might be. Hugs. Melissa leaves and Maggie goes back inside. She leans against the door and weeps. Kate shows up.

Vivian listens as Bo and Phillip continue to talk. Bo picks up a megaphone and points it toward the door, "I would appreciate you not saying anything about how long my relationship with Carly has been going on. Hope has been through enough already." Bo decides he has to leave as eavesdropping Vivian walks in gushing away.

"Do you ever exercise your right to remain silent," asks Bo. He leaves.

Vivian tells Phillip Bo has a sour approach on life, "Loving Carly would make anyone sour. Let me ask you, Phillip, if you were asking someone to keep quiet about an affair, would you keep your voice down? So Carly came to Salem to see Bo."

Phillip reminds her, "If you were listening in on the conversation, you heard Bo say this will hurt Hope." He leaves.

"Poor Hope," says Vivian, "Talk about collateral damage."

Lawrence holds the baby and refuses to let Carly have her, "You know, I dropped my coffee cup this morning and broke it. I think the emotions of this day have made me clumsy. What do I drop next?"

Kate saunters into Maggie's place. She figures it was difficult to say goodbye to Melissa. "Not really," says Maggie, "We see her once every 20 years. She seems to get her absenteeism from Mickey."

Kate doesn't think Maggie should be alone tonight. Maggie insists she's fine. Kate says she is also surprised Melanie isn't there. Maggie says Melanie has her own life. "Imagine," says Kate, "having to deal with something like this with nothing stronger than tea."

A referee steps up, throws a flag and penalizes Kate for unsportsmanlike conduct. Kate continues to dig at her, "Mickey was tolerant. He let you fill your house with your strays. I mean... I adore Melanie, but she was a handful when she first came to town. You got through to the real Melanie."

"Would you like to take notes," asks Maggie, "That's why you're here. You don't care Mickey died. You're here to find out how to fool that poor girl into thinking you're human. You're in competition with Vivian, but you have a few strikes against you. You tried to kill Chloe and you married the man who tried to kill Phillip."

Vivian wonders if Carly really came to town for Bo. She asks Phillip if Bo always opens up to him like he did. Phillip tells her to forget what Bo said. "I am the soul of discretion," says Vivian, "I wouldn't hurt Hope."

"Unless it hurt Carly more," says Phillip. He leaves.

Bo is with Abe at the Java Café. He has told Abe he purposely led Vivian to believe Carly came back to see him. "Vivian," says Abe, "lives out there where the buses don't run. Are you thinking about Hope our just Carly?"

Carly continues her flashback. Lawrence feigns dropping the baby. Carly begs, "Please... she's just a baby."

Lawrence nukes, "She's the living breathing personification of your betrayal." He turns to the kid, "Your mommie is a whore. I'm in a terrible position. All I want is to live happy with you but she makes that impossible. There is a solution..." He walks to the window and dangles the baby outside. Michael Jackson walks up and takes the baby. He shows Lawrence the proper baby-dangling technique.

Carly panics, "Lawrence, I'll stay with you."

"You can bet on that," says Mr. Nasty.

"OK," yells Carly, "I'll give her up."

"And never see her again," asks Lawrence, "I think we're making some progress here."

Melanie walks back into the office and finds Carly zoning and crying.

Nathan pulls a document out of the envelope. He looks at it and gasps, "OMG! The Tom Horton Dipwad Of The Year Award! I sure wish Mickey had seen this."

Stephanie proudly announces, "I showed it to him."

"What did he say?"

"He took one look at it and keeled over dead from a heart attack," says Stephanie, "I didn't want to cause a scene, so I slipped out the back way and left him lying on the bedroom floor."

Kate insists that's not why she came there. Maggie is skeptical. She tells Kate Melanie is young and alone, "But she's not an easy target because she has me in her corner. You'd better watch it or you'll have me to deal with. And no one can hold me back because Mickey isn't around to reel me in."

"I guess that's why no one ever held you back before," says Kate, "I never intended to upset you."

"You didn't upset me," says Maggie, "You ticked me off." She sends Kate packing. Maggie leans against the door and smiles, "That felt good."

Abe says, "Your life is a mess." Bo says Vivian is harassing Carly. Abe asks what Bo wants to get Vivian off the trail of, "There is something bigger out there, right?"

"Carly has a secret."

"And you know what it is, don't you," asks Abe.

Melanie has conveniently forgotten her jacket. Carly says she doesn't want her to drop out of the program because of her, "Phillip probably wouldn't want you to drop out either."

"Wow," says Melanie, "Marital advice from the husband killer. I'm going to be a full time mom. I'm an old fashioned kind of Premiere Party Girl. Phillip and I don't want to wait on having kids. I want a family. I never really had one. You would have loved my daddy. He specialized in clients who liked 'em young. Unfortunately he was a gambler, too, but it worked out. He was killed. Both my parents are dead. Best thing that could have happened to me."

Stephanie says Mickey told her to make sure Nathan didn't get a swelled head over the award, "Then he turned away so I couldn't see the tears."

"He cried," asks Nathan.

"Yes," says Stephanie, "Heart attacks can be pretty painful."

Vivian is on the phone with Gus, who is at the hospital, "Carly may have killed Lawrence just to get with Bo."

Bo refuses to tell Abe the secret. "And you couldn't tell Hope either. That's great. You two need further complications. Be honest, your life would be simpler if Dr. Manning had never come back." Hizonner seems to have a firm grasp of the obvious.

Carly shuts the door and asks, "You're glad your mother is dead? Did you know her?"

"I know what she was like," says Melanie, "If she was hanging out with my father she must've been a real piece of work."

"I'm sure she loved you very much," says Carly.

"That's a little arrogant," says Melanie, "How could you presume anything like that? This conversation is over. Please stay out of my life." She huffs out.

"Carly zonifies again, "Oh God, what have I done to you?"

Nathan chases Stephanie out of the pub. He says he appreciates everything she's done for him. He thanks her and moves in for a smooch.

Bo tells Abe Hope is in trouble, "She found out about Carly and me... and when Vivian tells her what I said..." Abe suggest telling Hope he was leading Vivian on, but Bo says he can't trust Hope, "Vivian is a dangerous, unstable person. All I can do is wait until this is over and tell Hope the truth."

Abe has a rare moment of insight, "This may not have a happy ending."

"I wouldn't bet on it," says Bo.

Melanie shows up in the Kiriakis mansion den. She tells Phillip, "Dr. Manning gets on my nerves. But I get on her nerves too."

"And everyone else's," says Phillip, "But who cares what she thinks?"

"I... don't... care," stammers Melanie, "So why did I tell her all that family stuff then?" Phillip moves in and hugs her.

Carly sits at her desk and cries. Lawrence sits down across from her, "Look what I made you do to her. I won, Carly. I won! I WON! MWAHAHAHAHA! I toyed with you! Just like Prevuze does! "

Toying with people is such a rush.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


8 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie said...

"Wow," says Bo, "Only a jerk would turn you down after that spiel. So, I'm sorry, but I have to turn you down."

LOL!!!

Nurses come in as Carly yells in pain. Lawrence backs them off, "NO PAIN KILLER!"

I hope that Lawrence is not referring to the audience. I doubt that Tylenol 3 will get us through this one. I, for one, am going to need something much stronger.

Phillip says he wants the wedding to be about Melanie, not family drama.

By adding Melanie to the family, Phillip can guarantee himself a lifetime of drama or, more appropriately, what DOOL passes off as drama.

"Do you ever exercise your right to remain silent," asks Bo. He leaves.

Good one Bo!

"Imagine," says Kate, "having to deal with something like this with nothing stronger than tea."

Oh the foreshadowing!! Anyone NOT see a binge on the horizon?

*********crickets*********crickets********crickets*********

I didn’t think so.

“He was killed. Both my parents are dead. Best thing that could have happened to me."

Unfortunately her father dying wasn’t the best thing that happened to us. Nick had to go off to prison, and we got stuck with Melanie. What an annoying twit! Kate is the perfect mother-in-law for Melanie. Now if Kate can just perfect her brownie recipe, I think I could find a dead Melanie to be tolerable.

Stephanie says Mickey told her to make sure Nathan didn't get a swelled head over the award.

Just how much more of a superfluous character can Stephanie be?

The photo of Melanie was spot on!!! Thanks Prevuze!! Reading my early morning Prevuze is always a great start to the work week.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

What a time-killing episode.

Carly, it's a beautiful little baby girl. Popped right out all cleaned up and everything. It's a miracle." Didn't they even use the fake rubber baby so they could gunk it up and make it real? Too much effort I guess. And as Applecheeks has noted before, they'll have a baby Sydney's age in the other room and the crying of a newborn baby. Somehow they just never get the baby-thing quite right on these shows.

You're so right, Leslie. Anyone could see the Maggie-falling-off-the-wagon storyline coming as soon as we heard the Mickster was a goner.

I don't know how soon before Bryan Dattilo leaves but I hope he does get in a couple more sucker punches before he goes. Particularly if they have the wedding since we didn't get to see any at the funeral.

LOL over "Mickey isn't around to reel me in." "I guess that's why no one ever held you back before" and We see her once every 20 years. She seems to get her absenteeism from Mickey." Melissa stayed what, a few hours after the funeral or did she actually stay overnight? How generous of her. And Marie and Bill have probably already split. Of course this is Salem, do we blame them? HA

Even though it was a slow episode it was an enjoyable way to start the week. Thanks, Prevuze, and happy MLK holiday for those who get the day off.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Melanie's baby picture was splendid. Good thing we never got a close look at it before, we wouldn't have known it was of Melanie immediately.

Vivian got her usual great snark in, "Do you plan to let THIS daughter-in-law live?" lol

"Lucas will be in charge of sucker punching anyone who shows up without an invitation." I'm with Bulldog, sucker punch away Lucas - particularly if DOOL writers are involved.

The best parts of Prevuze for me today - Mickey's reaction to Nathan getting the Dipwad of the Year award. Laughed until tears blurred the monitor screen.

This was a great mid-day addition to my holiday. Thanks

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got finished watching today's episode and I am absolutely disgusted with Anna leaving Sydney in her pack n play while she goes out to pick up the ransom money. EJ is so sick for doing this to his daughter. I was orignially intrigued by this storyline because I thought EJ was trying to get close to Sami. I agree with the other posters yesterday and I am confused of EJ's motives for doing this. In traditional DOOL fashion this storyline doesn't make any sense. Thank you Prevuze for taking the time to watch this show so I don't have to! :)

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't buy Carly's suffering mother act for one minute. If she committed adultery, then she wasn't happy in the first place, and she should have left Lawrence the moment she found out she was pregnant, instead of trying to pass the child off as Lawrence's.

Carly wanted to have her cake and eat it to, otherwise, she would have run with her baby before it was born.

It would be a great irony if Melanie turns out to be have been Lawrence's child after all.

I loved Kate's line that she had been snubbed by Smurfette!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is the kidnapped baby about to be kidnapped X 2?

2:38 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Is the kidnapped baby about to be kidnapped X 2?

We won't know until the writers flip a coin to see where they're going to go with the story.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

Hey, why didn't Carly kill Lawerence the minute he threatened to get rid of baby Melanie?

Bo's marriage wasn't in trouble?

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs