Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blood On The Floor

Bo is at the hospital. He runs into Daniel and says he wants to talk about Carly.

Melanie and Vivian are at the Java Café. Carly walks in, sees them and ejects herself from the game of stability, "GET YOUR PAWS OFF HER OR I WILL KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS!" Apparently she has run out of butcher knives.

Carly pops out of her little fantasy and stares. Vivian gushes, "We have a visitor. You seem upset. What is the matter?"

Chloe arrives at the Kiriakis mansion. Brady finds her at the door. She tells him Nicole isn't doing so well. "Can you imagine that," asks Brady, "She's in Salem Supermax and is the new playtoy of the hard-core bitch-ho'z and every day isn't Christmas."

Troy stands outside Arianna's room and knocks. Arianna answers and wonders why he's there early. She tells him this isn't a good time, "Days Of Our Lives is on and they're on a commercial break. I like the commercials best." He talks her into letting him in.

Anna says it sounds like EJ isn't going to let Sydney go home. EJ ignores that. Anna presses, "You don't intend to keep her here for all the Days Of Our Lives... do you?"

Bo says he knows Daniel and Carly have a history and he also knows Carly trusts him. He tells Daniel Vivian is a problem, and although he has a restraining order, he's still concerned, "I need your help. Are you up for it?"

Carly is upset, "Melanie, you are talking to a snake. 'Evil' doesn't begin to describe her." Vivian and Carly go toe to toe until Melanie backs Carly off.

Anna says she's getting the feeling EJ doesn't know when this will end. EJ says, "It will end soon. I've taken care of Nicole but now I need to deal with Samantha and Raphael. I have to go. I have things to take care of."

Chloe says Nicole keeps calling and asking about Sydney. She thinks Nicole misses Brady, too. Brady says the last time he saw Nicole she told him she wanted him to stay away. Chloe wonders if that's how Nicole really feels, "She knows it will make it more difficult if you went to see her."

"That's true," says Brady, "I feel responsible in part for her life being so screwed up."

"It would mean the world to her if she knew you were thinking of her," says Chloe, "Just call her and chat."

"No," says Brady, "I won't do it."

Troy tells Arianna the Mr. Big has been having problems. Arianna tells him just to get the shipment and she'll take care of things. Troy shuts her up. Brady calls. He says he's delayed but will be there soon. Oh, goodie. Now Troy has time to kill, so to speak. He gives Arianna a sample of the new primo-product and asks if she has some customers. Arianna takes the bag and as they make the exchange Troy sees to it that it accidentally-on-purpose drops and spills. They go into cleanup mode.

Melanie shouts at Carly, "I think you're being a bit dramatic."

"Hardly," says Carly, "That would be the first drama we've seen on this show in years."

"Are you on any meds," asks Melanie, "And did you forget to take them this morning?"

Vivian, meanwhile, is entertained by all this. She encourages Melanie to listen to whatever Carly has to say, "This should be good." Carly rambles about Vivian's track record of wrecking people's lives but leaves out some important details that might convince her like Vivian's habit of burying people alive.

Melanie nukes, "What IS your problem?"

Bo asks Daniel to keep an eye on Carly. Daniel agrees and Bo leaves. The action on this show is just non-stop, isn't it.

Carly tells Melanie Vivian has done unspeakable things. So unspeakable she unspeaks of them, "She is sadistic, cruel and merciless — a card-carrying sociopath. If you make a wrong decision with her you could wind up buried alive!"

"Well... I have to say being buried alive is not on my 'to do' list, but why are you so invested in this? What am I to you?"

Brady thinks if he calls Nicole they will go into hand holding mode. He says he will let Nicole know news about Sydney but through Chloe, "I told Arianna I had moved on. And I have."

"When I heard you say that in the show previews yesterday I thought it meant you had moved on from Arianna," says Chloe.

"The writers are like Prevuze. They like to toy with people."


Anna says, "Sydney at some point will need a normal life."

"With Samantha?"

"No... with you and... if you should meet a woman... I can't be a nanny forever."

"The way you keep leaving her I'd say you can't be a nanny for five minutes."

As he leaves, Anna reminds EJ to pick up Sydney's meds. Alone with Sydney, Anna chuckles and tells her, "Your daddy is a very complicated man, fortunately he is also very very rich." She is, however, concerned about the lack of medicine they have remaining.

Bo finds Phillip at the pub. Phillip apologizes for being rude to Bo and Carly. Bo agrees to be part of the wedding, but Phillip says Carly can't come.

Carly says she's just looking out for Melanie, "If I see you about to be hit by a train we don't have to be friends for me to try to help you." She tells Vivian she can get a lot tougher, "Let me remind you, I faced the devil and the devil lost."

"Is that a threat," asks Vivian.

"No," says Carly, "It's schlocky dialogue."

Troy rants about Arianna dropping the stuff. "Do you understand how much just that little bag was worth?" He creeps up behind her as he continues to lecture, "You've cost us a fortune."

"I can clean it up," insists Arianna.

Troy winds his muffler (he has the Midas touch), "You won't get it all. The big guy isn't going to like this. He doesn't' like losing money and... and... YOU'RE NOT GONNA TAKE MY PLACE. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO REPLACE ME!"

Arianna asks, "What are you talking about?" She turns and sees him holding the deadly muffler ready to yank it around her neck, "What's going on here?"

Troy goes off the deep end, "You think you're so hot. Big time mover. Gonna take my place. If you meet the big boss... it ain't gonna happen, bitch!" Arianna turns and runs. Troy chases. He tackles her on the bed and pulls his muffler around her neck. Arianna struggles. Her tongue rolls across the room and she turns blue as she struggles. Troy tightens his grip. We hear her (dare I say it) muffled cries.

Brady and Chloe keep having the same conversation. Phillip comes in. Brady leaves and Phillip asks Chloe's opinion on a present he got Melanie. It's a little dangly-thingie-jewelry-gizmo-whatever. Chloe asks if it's for the wedding. Phillip says it's for when they have their first kid. Eeeeuuuwwww. Spawn. "For each kid I'll add another stone," says Phillip, "After ten years or so she'll have a necklace. Keep 'em barefoot and pregnant, I say."

Vivian and Carly argue. "You're scaring Melanie and if you're so concerned about her maybe you could go spew your vicious nonsense elsewhere," says Vivian.

Daniel walks in as Melanie goes berserk. Daniel has her take a deep breath. He reminds Vivian of the restraining order. Vivian says Carly is the one who came up to her and she's going to report this to the hospital board, "She shouldn't practice medicine when she's so unhinged."

"That's one of the primary requirements for getting a job at the hospital in the first place," says Daniel as he drags Carly off.

Carly struggles as Daniel pulls her away. She turns to Melanie, "Remember, she is a viper." As Daniel yanks her toward the door, copping a few feels in the process, Carly's hand scoots across the table, collects the steaming hot cup o' joe and dumps it right onto the precious wedding dress. Oops.

Arianna is breathless. Literally. But just in the nick o' time, EJ busts in and grabs Troy. He drags him out in the hall and lets him go then goes back in. Arianna faints.

Phillip asks about Chloe's wedding. She says she and Daniel are taking things slow, "Well, me more than Daniel."

Phillip encourages her to press on, "I'm sure you want kids."

Chloe says they haven't talked about a family, "It's something to think about. I have to run. As fast as I can."

Carly apologizes for the toxic spill. Melanie blows her stack, "WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND COFFEE?"

"I'll get you a new dress," says Carly, "There's a thrift shop just down the street."

"You can't get me a new dress," says Melanie, "It was an original. Just leave me alone." Daniel drags the Coffee Monster out. Vivian consoles Melanie and says they'll have another made.

Outside, Carly does a debriefing, "I lost it OK?"

"No," says Daniel, "it's not OK. You have a restraining order and then you wind up harassing her?"

"I can't talk to you about this," says Carly, "You're Victor's godson."

"I am your friend," says Daniel, "Friends share, so what's going on?"

"I have asked you to keep one secret," says Carly, "I can't ask you to keep another."

"Spill it," says Daniel.

"I already did," says Carly, "All over her dress. I saw Vivian and Melanie together and I just blew."

"Why are you so protective of someone you hardly know," says Daniel. Carly says she has to go and leaves.

EJ tends to Arianna. She tells him Troy tried to kill her. Roman busts in and Arianna tells him what happened, "His name is Troy."

"Does he have a last name," asks Roman. Roman has risen through the ranks by asking penetrating questions like that.

Arianna says she doesn't know Troy's last name. Suddenly, Roman notices the mess on the desk, "I'm guessing that's not powdered sugar. It looks more like flour to me." Arianna says it fell out of Troy's pocket.

Roman gets a call, "Read him his rights." He hangs up. "My officers found a guy hiding in a dumpster."

"What were they doing going through a dumpster," asks EJ.

"You can't believe the number of people who will throw away perfectly good half-eaten donuts," says Roman, "Anyway, they pulled him out. His name is Troy Allen Winston."

"Not meaning to be out of line, here," says EJ, "But is it against the law to be inside a dumpster?"

"It is if you're eating our donuts," says Roman.

We cut to the cop shop. Roman, Arianna and EJ are there as they drag Troy in. Roman gets macho, "Hello, Troy, welcome to my world." They haul Troy into the rubber hose room. Arianna assures EJ she's OK and he goes to make a call. Brady shows up and Arianna explains what happened. "I wish I had gotten there sooner," says Brady.

EJ overhears, "I was there."

Melanie thanks Vivian for her help. Vivian effervesces, "Aside from our visitor from the insane asylum this has been a fantastic afternoon. Go back to your prince charming. I talked to Victor and he thought it would be nice if we joined you on the yacht." Vivian watches as the blood drains from Melanie's face, "Uh... It's a large vessel."

Not large enough. "I'll run it by Phillip," chirps Melanie. She leaves.

Vivian flashes back to the confrontation that happened five minutes ago, "I wonder why Carly was so protective of Melanie. It would be unfortunate if... very unfortunate. I have to do some checking."

Bo is at home. Carly comes in ranting about Vivian, "If she thinks she's going to get close to my daughter she can think again."

"Thinking...," says Bo, "That's kind of a new concept to me."

Melanie is back at the Kiriakis mansion having a hissy fit about Carly. Phillip tries to mitigate things, "The dress isn't that important. I'd marry you in the nude."

Melanie blushes, "That would be a first for Salem."

"I wouldn't be so sure as crazy as this place is," says Phillip.

Melanie settles down, " Anyway another dress is already coming."

"See," says Phillip, "The day is getting better."

"It doesn't feel good," says Melanie. Phillip moves in to make it all better.

Carly tells Bo what happened. Bo recaps, "So you saw them together and the mama bear in you came out..."

Carly interrupts, "If Daniel wouldn't have come in there would have been blood on the floor."

Gus is on the phone with Vivian. She tells him she wants him to check out Melanie as well as Mia.

Brady wants to know what EJ was doing at Arianna's place, but EJ gets a call. Anna tells him she's worried about Sydney. She asks him not to forget the meds. EJ gets snippy, "I told you I would handle it."

Roman comes out and tells Arianna Troy is going away for a long time. As they drag Troy through the area, he sees Roman and Arianna talking. He flashes back to Arianna's phone conversation with Caesar and puts two and two together, he gets five, but that's close enough, "OMG! you're a narc!" He turns to EJ, "She's a narc! She's a narc!"

"Impossible," says EJ, "No woman could pull a fast one on me. As long as there wasn't a fake pregnancy involved, that is."

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


20 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

"Impossible," says EJ, "No woman could pull a fast one on me. As long as there wasn't a fake pregnancy involved, that is." well maybe the old EJ from yore. The new 2.0 EJ - you just never know.

Off for a girls weekend, will miss Prevuze tomorrow - oh who am I kidding, I will pull it up before I head out to the airport!

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy you had to succeed ! Damn you Ej to save glittery Ari !! Ej are you evil or not ? So be you're sweevil self AND LET THE USELESS ARIANNA DIE ! It's an order !

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN!!!! The oppurtunity to "off" one of the Hernandez clan was lost! I love you EJ, but now I'm really ticked off at you......

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

He tells Daniel Vivian is a problem, and although he has a restraining order, he's still concerned, "I need your help. Are you up for it?"

OK – where’s the censored link? Dr. Schtup-A-Lot is always up for it.

"That's true," says Brady, "I feel responsible in part for her life being so screwed up."

It seems to me that Nicole did an outstanding job screwing up her life without any help from Brady.

"Are you on any meds," asks Melanie, "And did you forget to take them this morning?"

I wonder if there is anything that Melanie can take to shut her up. She has got to be the most annoying person in Salem. Geez!!

Troy winds his muffler (he has the Midas touch).

Prevuze - excellent use of product placement!!! LOL!!!

We hear her (dare I say it) muffled cries.

Groan!!!!!!!

Phillip says it's for when they have their first kid. Eeeeuuuwwww. Spawn.

That truly is a frightening thought.

But just in the nick o' time, EJ busts in and grabs Troy.

Why? Just let Troy put Arianna and us out of our misery. I’ll admit it. I’m sick of Arianna’s wrinkled brow tortured expression.

"OMG! you're a narc!" He turns to EJ, "She's a narc! She's a narc!"

This whole scenario is just crazy. Troy was attempting to kill Arianna because he was afraid that EJ was going take his job away from him and give it to her. Instead of trying to warn EJ, you would think that a scumbag like Troy would see this as a golden opportunity to throw EJ under the bus. Since EJ wasn’t showing Troy any loyalty, it’s hard to imagine why Troy would want to protect him. Now that the police have Troy in custody, they can grill him about his boss. Roman knew all along that Troy was the middle man. Instead of cutting a deal with Arianna, Roman should have been working with Troy. Let’s see. Will EJ just dump the drug business or try to implicate Stefano? The other more likely choice is that it will disappear into the sunset like the alternative fuels project.

Thanks for the update Prevuze!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"Just call her and chat."

I don’t believe you can just call and “chat up” prisoners. Unless you’re their lawyer, someone’s died, or the perp is spending time in a minimum security facility.

"Is that a threat," says Vivian. "No," says Carly, "It's schlocky dialogue."

Is there any other kind on this show?

Eeeeuuuwwww. Spawn.

I swear, if Philip suddenly turns all gushy-gooey about having a bunch of kids when he literally gave his own son away without a second thought I’LL get my own butcher knife sharpened and hunt me down some DOOL writers!

…is it against the law to be inside a dumpster?" "It is if you're eating our donuts," says Roman.

DOOL just keep settin’ ‘em up and Prevuze just keep knockin’ ‘em out of the ballpark. LMAO

EJ, "I was there."

And just why did EJ pick that exact time to bust into Arianna’s room? How’d he know she wasn’t just romping in the sheets with Brady or something??

He turns to EJ, "She's a narc! She's a narc!"

On top of everything Leslie brings up, does anyone see this exchange? If they do, wouldn’t they wonder why Troy is telling EJ this?

As far as Carly "protecting" her daughter, she might as well take a flashing neon sign that says "My Daughter" and hang it around Melanie's neck!

Loved the pictures, especially Lucas's latest prank and Lawrence holding baby Mel. With the benefit of knowing what we would be in for, the audience is indeed chanting "Drop her, drop her".

Excellent recap Prevuze. Just one more day, one more day!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This all starts to blur after a while. Wouls omeone remind me why Sydney needs "meds"? Other than as a stupid plot device, of course.

Judith

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, my writing is almost as incomprehensible as the IIIC! That should be "Would someone please remind me..."

Judith
Verification word:erieness. Really!

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like another episode that I will fast forward through.

Do you think Daniel will be pissed when he finds out that Melanie is his daughter?

I really don't like the EJ/Arianna pairing and I keep hoping the writers don't pursue it but I have a feeling it is inevitable.

I agree that Troy should be singing like a canary now that EJ protected Arianna. Especially if he was threatened by her before.

I wish these storylines would keep moving, none of them interest me in the least!

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

He tells Daniel Vivian is a problem, and although he has a restraining order, he's still concerned, "I need your help. Are you up for it?"

OK – where’s the censored link? Dr. Schtup-A-Lot is always up for it


My we are becoming a bawdy lot, aren't we?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I swear, if Philip suddenly turns all gushy-gooey about having a bunch of kids when he literally gave his own son away without a second thought I’LL get my own butcher knife sharpened and hunt me down some DOOL writers!

Oh, excellent observation. I had forgotten about Tyler "Pocket Johnson" Kiriakis. And to think, it's just about time for him to show up as a teenager.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

He turns to EJ, "She's a narc! She's a narc!"

On top of everything Leslie brings up, does anyone see this exchange? If they do, wouldn’t they wonder why Troy is telling EJ this?
Once again Applecheeks steals the words right off my keyboard. However, if this was said in front of Pard Troy is perfectly safe since Pard is clueless.

Re: Troy and the muffler. If I tried that it would be my luck the stupid thing would just stretch and not strangle her.

"That's one of the primary requirements for getting a job at the hospital in the first place." Ain't that the truth!?

LOL over the picture of Sami storming off and DROP-HER-DROP-HER.

Thanks "PRE-VUZE-PRE-VUZE! Happy almost Friday everyone.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Lori said...

AppleCheeks, you beat me to the punch regarding Lucas' latest prank. That seems to be as good a reason as any for him to leave town, y'know.

And Prevuze, with the product placement from you and Daze, I don't even have to watch commercials anymore. ;-)

The names for Daniel should be put in a link right next to the map of Salem -- he's getting some great (and accurate) nicknames.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous maggie mae said...

Once upon a time I thought EJ could do not wrong, he could run over Alice and laugh and I would overlook it.

But to save Arianna is doing the unforgiveable.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

...why Sydney needs "meds"? Other than as a stupid plot device, of course.

Since no one else has, I'll jump in and try to answer Judith...

I believe you answered yourself, Judith. In yesterday's episode (which may be the same DOOL day as far as I know), Syd was running a very low-grade fever and was fussy. Anna (and I) just figure she's teething, although Anna asked EJ, "What if she needs a doctor?"

As far as I know, all the child needs is some baby aspirin (maybe) and a frozen pacifier to chew on.

But heck, that's just common sense talking. The poor child may be stricken with a dire case of soapoperus unspecifiatum diseasus.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh. Carly seems upset!? Wow. Carly is always upset.

~Lawrence is that skeezy reporter from Passions. I guess he likes to play villains.

Melanie shouts at Carly, "I think you're being a bit dramatic."
All of this Melanie/Carly hate is getting ridiculous, if Melanie was truly the bright girl Maggie boasted about she would have realize that Carly is harmless compared to Vivian.

What am I to you?"
I don't see what this has to do with anything. Someone has to have a vested interest to want to help someone? Melanie is finally managing to get on my nerves. And what a feat for such a passive person like myself.

but Phillip says Carly can't come.
More irrational Carly hate.

"If I see you about to be hit by a train we don't have to be friends for me to try to help you."
Apparently you do in Salem.

Phillip says it's for when they have their first kid.
Ooh, kids raised by Phillip and Melanie... children fighting like jackals for money, respect and attention.

dumps it right onto the precious wedding dress. Oops.
Oh snap. Karma for Melanie! lol

"Why are you so protective of someone you hardly know,"
Can't be the reason he were so protective of Chelsea.

Re: Applecheeks
I swear, if Philip suddenly turns all gushy-gooey about having a bunch of kids when he literally gave his own son away without a second thought I’LL get my own butcher knife sharpened and hunt me down some DOOL writers!
Oh dear lord, I forgot all about that! Haha. Poor Pocket.

10:23 AM  
Blogger cassandraleighx said...

For the video, Mia is the one who says to Carly, "you've caused enough problems." To let you know...

And, as for the whole Melanie-Carly hate - it's pointless. The two will end up closer than ever in the end anyway...I think that Carly and Dr.Dan should come out with it that they slept together and had Melanie...just saying.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wait. Earlier, we saw Brady "save" Arianna. Now we see EJ "save" Arianna. What's up with Arianna? Who is going to save US from DOOL?

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arianna : the ultimate damsell in distress ! Oh joy ! Former drug dealer my ass !

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Applecheeks! Obviously Sydney is about to be fatally ill, poor helpless little poppet.

Judith

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs